No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother in law sent us some new onesies. She's moved into3-6month old sized stuff now. She's getting so big! Love her more than anything.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Had the little guy ( 1 1/2 yo) here for day and a half.
      Ew, the 6am wakeup . . . wife took first shift for a couple hours,... then I took him out (and let her rest).
      Took him with me for my morning pier walk and coffee shop visit.

A bit cool out there on the pier, and windy, and some waves splashing, so some noise, that had him a bit subdued. He did seem to like the ducks and the sea gulls.

THen later in the day I took him to local school playground.
      He liked that a lot better.

Was more that once that I was quite happy and thankfull to be able to do this.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You are a lucky man, Dave!
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Rose turned 9 months old yesterday and just started pulling herself up to a standing position. Probably start walking in the next month or two

Rose standing at coffee table by Scott Baker, on Flickr
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

All the remote control cars were charged up. Lots of action.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Pizza Box Hats, just not the same as Pizza Bag Hats

Favorite local pizza place now using these generic pizza boxes instead of the distintive custom yellow stripped bags with thier logo.
              Kids were dissapointed, but we each devised some sort of hat. Mine pretty much emulates the pizza bag hat.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Charmayne asked if I would play babysitter for a few hours each on Thursday and Friday while she attended to some business so I drove out to her place. It's nice that I can also work from there so I didn't lose much vacation time.

Rose turns 10 months on Monday and is almost walking on her own (she can move along the couch while holding on). I was fortunate enough to quickly get this picture with my cell phone as she stood next to the couch with only her elbow as support while dancing and playing with the AC remote. I also have video of her leaning against it with the side of her butt (very cute)

Standing next to the couch by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

So cute Scott! Almost year! Time just flys by!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

70676E84-9263-4645-8CB8-828FA56E79FF.jpg Fun at playground with 4 year old.

Comment

3095E7D5-811F-4B81-9C41-8C1ACD451FBE.jpgFun with a box with the 1 1/2 year old.

Comment

My oldest grandson and I did some pistol work on Friday.

DSCF4136.jpg
                        Attached Files
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

The little crazy one is pointing at a group of rockets riding by.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Like daughter(my daughter Cheyenne in 2002 at 11 months)

Cheyenne climbing into baby carrier by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Like granddaughter (Rose earlier this week same age)

IMG_6803 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

She turns 1 next weekend and though she can only take 1-2 steps on her own before she either falls or grabs for the couch, she is definitely getting there.

Walking with help by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Fun stuff, Scott....

But hey...finally something to contribute. Our daughter brought our granddaughters over to visit the Knoxville Zoo last month.
                                I met them there, and we had a fun day. They stopped by the house for a bit afterwards, before heading home. (Two hours away)

Mine are a little older than yours, Scott.
                                Lo (Lorelei) on the left just turned 10, Addy (Adeline) in the middle is 13, and on the right is their friend, who's name eludes me.

The zoo had a Budgie feeding area. Bird seed on a stick. Pretty fun, and the birds seem well feed. My daughter Beth on the right.

More budgie feeding.

Lo talking to the frogs in the new Reptile and Amphibian center

In interactive exhibit where you build your own reptile, and it appears on a giant wall screen. Then you make it move and feed it, etc. Very popular with the girls.

The highlight of the day was letting Lo ride back to the house in my Abarth, with the top down.

She had never been in a convertible before. Plus, it made her big sister jealous. So win/win for her. One of the few times all day she smiled.

Last edited by Baatfam; 09-25-2022, 11:27 AM.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X