Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    Pano's are usually shot with the camera in " Portrait " mode. Otherwise you end up with a long thin strip without details of the upper and lower areas. I've done it both ways but portrait mode adds more detail to the picture.....
    Definitely vertical....First time I did it vertical, it was like "doh," of course....

My GX8 has a resolution of 5184 x 3888. If I shoot multiple shots in landscape, the picture is only 3888 pixels tall. If I shoot more pictures in portrait, the pano is 5184 pixels tall. Much more to work with.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    My Panorama... Yeah TUX power!!!
    Wait, wait, wait....How did you take multiple shots for a pano, while your bike was in the air??
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Wait, wait, wait....How did you take multiple shots for a pano, while your bike was in the air??
      You don't need to take multiple shots to get a wide angle panorama view, I had a wide-angled lens here on this digital camera...

Unless the challenge is limited to a multi shot panorama... And then I'm out at that point.
      Last edited by Jedz123; 10-29-2018, 01:46 PM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

You don't need to take multiple shots to get a wide angle panorama view, I had a wide-angled lens here on this digital camera...

Unless the challenge is limited to a multi shot panorama... And then I'm out at that point.
        LOL....I was reflecting kerrfunk's post #1619....(Mine is also a single picture, shot with a 7.5mm fisheye)
        Last edited by Baatfam; 10-29-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

This SHOULD be your entry, Dave. That turned out to be a really neat piece, with an interesting story. Call it an experiment in panoramic photography... I like it...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I am not likely to get my bike out this week -- there's an oil leak, plus I need to change the oil anyway.
            So I give you the Old School Panoramic in my garage. The left and right edges of the composition are opposite corners of the garage, the traffic light is in the corner between the opposites, and I'm standing near the corner opposite the traffic light.

Here's my garage.

Some explanations.

Behind my leaking bike is the old church sign. My church sign was hit by a car in March 2018, and when we replaced it with a new LED sign, I kept the old one.

There's a couple odds and ends inside the white cabinet, and there are routes written on painter's tape stuck to the cabinet doors, in case I want to ride those routes again.

My uncle gave me the traffic light, and I plugged it in to the garage door opener so that when the garage door opener light is on, the traffic light is on.

"Brady Hardware" was the downtown mom-and-pop hardware store around the block from me, early 1900s to maybe 1980. The building owner was throwing the sign out (what?!) and I rescued it. I have not tested its lighting guts, but it looks nice. I have an old helmet on the third r (held up by a bowling pin). On top of the second D is my grandfather's electric drill, and on top of the second r is my dad's "housecall" bag (he's a retired physician). There's other knickknacks on the other letters.

I rescued a carpet from the alley Dumpster one day because why not.

This summer I took all the balusters off a deck and replaced them with steel cable. Kept the balusters because again, why not. They're behind the utility truck.

My uncle also gave me a few mahogany beams. One is upright on the left, and the other is above the utility truck, atop two terra cotta heads.

Behind the trashcan in the corner is a 3' by 3' plastic L from an old FoodLion sign or something.

Click on picture for larger view
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post

This SHOULD be your entry, Dave. That turned out to be a really neat piece, with an interesting story. Call it an experiment in panoramic photography... I like it...
              My first reaction was that it was very creative.....
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

LOL....I was reflecting kerrfunk's post #1619....(Mine is also a single picture, shot with a 7.5mm fisheye)
                Lol Roger.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Come on guys. Definition of a panorama is anything with a fornat 2:1 or wider. Shoot it with whatever you want. And yes if shooting multiple shots to stitch definitely shoot vertical.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                    Come on guys. Definition of a panorama is anything with a fornat 2:1 or wider. Shoot it with whatever you want. And yes if shooting multiple shots to stitch definitely shoot vertical.
                    LOL....We be just funnin' each other a bit...no harm.

I must say though, I never knew the exact ratio of a panorama until this morning...
                    Last edited by Baatfam; 10-30-2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I must say though, I never knew the exact ratio of a panorama until this morning...
                      LOL This is true in fact these last few posts have made me LOL more than anything else on the forum right now.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

After picking my self up off the floor mine was... I so want to vote for this!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                          <<< d e l e t e d >>>
                          >> I have deleted my long yacking yammering description from here.
                          Have started an new thread just for discussing the making of panographic shots with digital camera or smartphone.

Last edited by Redman; 10-31-2018, 11:09 AM. Reason: Later note

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I know we're just funnin' around. I confess I had to look it up and was surprised at the 2:1 because it's actually not much different than the widescreen format (16:9) that a lot of cameras/phones can shoot at.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

After picking my self up off the floor mine was... I so want to vote for this!
                              Soooo. Have you taken the TUX out and tried a rolling panorama at low speed yet??? LOL.

Comment

This pic was taken a few years ago on an unseasonably warm Oct day when harvest was in full swing. The good wife had baked a fresh apple pie and mused how it would be nice if it could be in her brothers field at lunch time, some 200 miles away. I thought that sounded like an excellent idea for a fall day trip. The bike is an '81 Honda Silverwing Interstate PDV. (pie delivery vehicle)
                                1979 GS1000
                                1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Working...
                                X