No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really sales brochure quality, but does show portion of the bike, well, most of it 'cuz I like most all of it.

May not have much opportunity to keep looking to see if I have something more suited to the topic-subject.

Per Bob's Baatfam's observation, I do have a story related to this pic (not intended to sell the photo). A story related to me taking this picture:
    On That day I recognized was a good occasion for photos in that was overcast, so minimal shadows. This pic is posed-setup per my liking. Is the same occasion that I also made some other shots with a pose that was more like what I noticed the Bike Of The Month editor seemed to prefer, so was such a poses that I submitted, and was selected for BOTM, but I like this pose better.

Last edited by Redman; 11-18-2018, 10:30 PM. Reason: add story

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

https://www.flickr.com/photos/166101.../shares/LA0rm9 Not an entry, just experimenting
      Last edited by marvinsc; 11-17-2018, 11:09 PM.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I just like night shots for some reason.

Here's my entry.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

This is my glamour shot. You have seen it before. 1980 850L, 750T tank, Sporster seat, Moto Guzi turn signal left side, Delvic? 4/1 exhaust, pods and goes like it was stolen with cops on your tail.

V
          Last edited by gustovh; 11-17-2018, 11:31 PM.
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

May have seen seen this before

IMG_1676 by peter wood, on Flickr
            The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
            1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
            past bikes. RF900
            TL1000s
            Hayabusa
            gsx 750f x2
            197cc Francis Barnett
            various British nails

Comment

GS heavy so far, pretty cool. Hopefully I can get something today. Jury duty the next two weeks, (although I am fairly certain we won't have court on Thanksgiving).
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                GS heavy so far, pretty cool.
                And on a GS website. Weird, right?
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Falmouth KY 29 May by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

No pro pic here. Just me in downtown St Paul on a old bike with a 29 dollar camera....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Well, setting something up in the garage may not happen. It's clutter city, plus now a snowblower has been thrown into the mix.
                      I have a back up to use that I'll post later this week if I don't set something up....
                      Last edited by dorkburger; 11-18-2018, 09:12 PM.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Dave, I dig the dining car. A lot of those were manufactured here in NJ and shipped out. They have an interesting history and evolution
                        We have a very similar one in town.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Well, setting something up in the garage may not happen. It's clutter city, plus now a snowblower has been thrown into the mix.
                          I have a back up to use that I'll post later this week if I don't set something up....
                          I have the same issue...so I am thinking of those closeup, emblem/detail type shots....Maybe...LOL...
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

IMG_2447.jpgHere it is, when the going gets tough not just any bike will get the job done...…….
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]56804[/ATTACH]Here it is, when the going gets tough not just any bike will get the job done...…….
                              No signature

Comment

Ok Guys. I dug through my archives and pulled this one because it's seems more than just another nice photo of my GS1000. Obviously a little Photoshop massaging.

by soates50, on Flickr
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X