X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice photos Dave, thanks for sharing. ☺
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Yes, Justin did indeed become a rider.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        Yes, Justin did indeed become a rider.
        One such adventure this year is making his 3rd (4th?) Iron Butt ride (1000 miles/ 24hours) from Michigan to Florida this occassion, and then a CC50 (Coast To Coast in 50 hours) Jacksonville FL Atlantic Ocean to Pacific Ocean San Diego CA, including going thru desert in August.

Other weirdness he does is posting lot of pics (utube videos mostly) on a motorcycle forum. Weirdo!

Last edited by Redman; 11-25-2018, 08:40 PM. Reason: Other weirdness.....................

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The first one.

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

An entry (for now), not much of a quality sharp picture, but meets the catagory, and somewhat tells its own story.

1983 82GS650G, me, 8 month old and 3 year old.
            I suspect my facial expression is more related to whatever was transpiring with wife and me giving some direction.

Had the 650G till 2006, and is what Justin learned to ride on when he was 18.

Just for some more fun:
            Here is Justin again, a couple months later, same place, same bike.
            1983, about 3 years old, on my 82 GS650G

And then 2014, his son, 3 years old, on my 82 GS1100GK

I swear, I did not pose that to be the same. Wasnt till a year later I noticed the similarity.
            Maybe what was common was in both cases maybe I had the handle bar turned that way and said "want to beep the horn?".
            Last edited by Redman; 11-26-2018, 12:25 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I definitely have mixed feelings about my kids riding. While it has provided me with great joy and pleasure, it has also cost me some skin, physical harm, more close calls then the wife and kids will ever know about, and nearly a hospital stay or worse when a left turner nearly took me out.

That being said, I stay neutral, neither encouraging nor discouraging. They know my love for riding, my GS, and that I'm a safety geek. They regularly point out guys riding in shorts, etc.
              My 16 year old will likely never ride. It's just not his gig. Heck, he just got his drivers permit and we have to twist his arm just to get behind the wheel.
              The younger, who turned 13 today, is another story. He absolutely loves the old scooter and likes when we ride it around the block, but he is getting too big for two up..... and it's not legal. He can't start off yet, but once in motion can work the tricky clutch, shift combo lever to change gears on it.

Since we're memory laning....

NOT MY ENTRIES.
              The older about five years ago.
              http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

The younger around 3-4 years old.

....And about two summers ago..
              Last edited by dorkburger; 11-26-2018, 01:02 AM.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My entry.
                I love this minimalist pic taken with my phone over his shoulder while in motion. Something about that little hand on the grip gets me.....
                He darn near rolled me off of the back by goosing the throttle while taking this....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  This was January 8, 2009. I had bought my first bike, this GS550L, in October 2008, and taught myself how to ride it. I lived next to a parking lot (pictured) which was handy. I would go on to take the MSF course for the first time in probably May 2009. My daughter was almost six years old when this picture was taken. She's 15 now, and first she'll get her driver's license, and then I'll enroll her in the state class and learn her how to ride.

She likes to ride on the back a few times in the summer.
                  One year I awarded her the "featherbutt" award for being my passenger for 100 miles in one day.

Photo credit: my wife.

Ok what the heck, I'll say it ...everyone thinks I'm a dick anyway...wtf were you thinking?? I don't even know where to start...the helmet, the fact that she can't reach the rear pegs....jesus. I like you...a lot...but man that is some serious bad judgement!
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Ok what the heck, I'll say it ...everyone thinks I'm a dick anyway...wtf were you thinking?? I don't even know where to start...the helmet, the fact that she can't reach the rear pegs....jesus. I like you...a lot...but man that is some serious bad judgement!
                    "It was just a parking lot."

And that's all I got. I know it's no good.

She wears proper gear when she rides with me now.

And a few more from memory lane:

This is my 80-something aunt sitting on a neighbor's bike:
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Post #1929 made my tongue bleed.
                      1979 GS1000
                      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

That's the easiest pint of beer I ever won.......
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

So far four of my grandkids have ridden with me, the oldest is now 14 and just recently got a dirt bike. I haven't been present to see him ride yet. Well, he called Saturday night to tell us about his wipe out that day. Went over a jump too fast and came down on his front wheel. Over the bars and to the ground he went, HARD! He was oddly enough in great spirits and sounded excited to share the news of a broken collar bone. He sent the video his dad recorded and pictures of the x-ray of his completely separated and twisted collar bone. His mom said the pride of having the battle scar faded that night when the pain medication wore off.

It's a sobering reality that if we share this passion with the younger generation some, if not all, of them will get hurt.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

So of course this is not an entry. This is my oldest grandson, 14 at the time...2016. We were on the last legs of a 3 day 500 mile trip visiting Air Museums, and were taking a break at Government Camp on Mt Hood.

We started in McMinville at the Evergreen Museum of Flight, (well worth the price) then took back roads to Madras for the air museum there, another small good one.

We spent the first night at camp Sherman at the head of the Metolius river.

The air museum in Madras, quite a few of the planes were out performing at air shows. The interesting thing is that almost all the planes were used in air shows throughout the year, and best of all you were allowed up close to the planes.

V
                            Last edited by gustovh; 11-26-2018, 05:22 PM.
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                              Post #1929 made my tongue bleed.
                              Kerfunks picture?
                              or
                              The cursing at a pastor?

Last edited by Redman; 11-26-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Kerfunks picture?
                                or
                                Trevor cursing at a pastor?
                                I smell popcorn...
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X