X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations DaveR.

http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Just an FYI for all our wonderful players...Here is the win total for each player that won this year.
      We have really just one more week, and then we move into 2019. Everyone think about any changes we may want.

Looks like Burque73 has a commanding lead....
      But more people are playing, and pictures just keep getting better, so look out next year...

Burque73 7
      Redman 5
      trevor 5
      Baatfam 4
      dorkburger 4
      Jedz123 4
      Sandy 4
      Charlie G 2
      Gustovh 2
      kerrfunk 2
      storm 64 2
      cowboyup3371 1
      DaveR 1
      Downs 1
      Mrs. Steve 1
      Steve 1
      Steve Murdoch 1
      wacky941 1
      DaveR 1
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The only format change I can think of would be reusing a subject from the past. Such as "Low light" or "motorcycle by the water"... I'd like another shot of last weeks. I didn't have any pictures of my motorcycle by a Steel Mill banked in my picture gallery. But I do like this game, no pressure like the tag game. 👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Here is my entry for photo of the week. It was taken last September when I went to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton Ontario. On my way home, I was amazed by the huge windmills. I decided to try to get up close. This picture is looking up from the base of one. It was a beautiful day with puffy cotton ball clouds. 🌞
          Attached Files
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            Here is my entry for photo of the week. It was taken last September when I went to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton Ontario. On my way home, I was amazed by the huge windmills. I decided to try to get up close. This picture is looking up from the base of one. It was a beautiful day with puffy cotton ball clouds. 
            No signature

Comment

I did not see any restriction on the location of the "cloud".

This is on the Blue Ridge Parkway, above Buena Vista, Virginia.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ha, I interpreted it the same as you
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

IMG_0301 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Smokey Mountain Ride. 2015 I think
                  Last edited by marvinsc; 12-22-2018, 09:49 PM.
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I have so many it's hard to choose so I'll use this one again

Charmayne at Anderson Ferry by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got up this morning to this front moving in...wish I could have figured a way to get a bike into the shot.

NOT AN ENTRY....

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Got up this morning to this front moving in...wish I could have figured a way to get a bike into the shot.
                        I know, right? I mean I have some interesting cloud pictures but not so many cloud pictures with bike. although photoshop could be used in a funny way
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I have wondered about that. Digital manipulation of images is appears to be common, changing contrasts and colour etc., and editing undesirable features out also, but editing in seems a step too far? How would a viewer of a well done compilation know? No suggestions, just wondering..
                          1979 GS1000
                          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                            I have wondered about that. Digital manipulation of images is appears to be common, changing contrasts and colour etc., and editing undesirable features out also, but editing in seems a step too far? How would a viewer of a well done compilation know? No suggestions, just wondering..
                            Depends if you consider photography as historical documentation, or art.

I am currently watching an on-line course about fine art photography, and this debate has been going on since photography was invented.
                            The jist of the course is creating works of art, by putting together parts of various photos, adding effects, and textures.
                            It is still a photo, just not a photo that represent reality.

EDIT: That doesn't mean that photo cannot be both artistic and factual. There is a wide range of styles between the two.

For this game, I'd like to believe we are striving to move away from "here is what me and my bike look like," to "here is how my bike and riding makes me feel."
                            Last edited by Baatfam; 12-23-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

That's a thoughtful reply and helps show where this interesting thread is in its evolution.

No doubt a well done "here is how my bike and riding makes me feel" image has a quality that invites a viewer in and allows a visceral connection with a depth a documentary style photo can't. There is an extra value in that and a type I personally enjoy most.

Driftless area - had to look that up- looks like a great mc riding place.
                              1979 GS1000
                              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

That would be quite a discussion of when is the photo modified so much that it is no longer a photo and is just a data file that can be displayed(/printed) as an image..... .
                                Or at least, that is a question I have. Maybe some folks dont make that distinction.

Anyway, as far as this game-contest is concerned; it was not and has not been addressed as far as any rules are concerned. It has been discussed as far as making color/brightness adjustments, and maybe crop out some stuff on the periphery, and maybe edit-remove some distraction (say, power lines thru the sky) was not too objectionable.

But I think, for the most part, we all assume that you were there, with your bike, and your camera, you decided the perspective, you framed the picture, and the picture came from light coming thru the lens.
                                ( I say "you", but it was decided that pic taken by someone else, say, riding partner, is acceptable).

I think of it more as: I was there with my bike, I had such and so experience, I had such and so feeling, I had such and so reaction to the situation, I noticed something in particular about the situation, ..... and I posed/framed the picture to capture and convey that in the picture (and is IN the picture without me having to explain it to you).
                                Last edited by Redman; 12-23-2018, 06:36 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X