No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Justin. It was a funny situation taking that pic. On a not-so-traveled road on a reservation here I noticed the tower and sun in just the right spot so I turned around for a pic. As I was on hands and knees trying to get my phone in the right spot, a tribal police officer stopped and waited at a few carlength's distance. As I stood up he slowly pulled up and asked if I was OK. Um, yeah...just taking a picture! Well don't take too much longer, OK, he says, and drove off. I didn't get things lined up how I wanted but felt sort of silly and split!
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      This challenge had me looking thru lots of pics ...... and then got me out for a ride this afternoon (despite being barley 40 degF).

But now that I see these recent entrys .....

Ah, here is my pic anyway (as I was getting sand blown into my face/helmet/ears/neck)
      Looks like a fission reactor between the cylinders. Bet that thing's a rocket to ride, LOL.
      Nice shot Dave!
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Thanks, Justin. It was a funny situation taking that pic. On a not-so-traveled road on a reservation here I noticed the tower and sun in just the right spot so I turned around for a pic. As I was on hands and knees trying to get my phone in the right spot, a tribal police officer stopped and waited at a few carlength's distance. As I stood up he slowly pulled up and asked if I was OK. Um, yeah...just taking a picture! Well don't take too much longer, OK, he says, and drove off. I didn't get things lined up how I wanted but felt sort of silly and split!
        HAHAHAHA
        Wow, Love the story that goes along with that picture!
        I can only imagine it in my head.
        When i take pics of my bike I have gotten some weird looks... But you take the cake on that capture!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          .................................................. ......... so I turned around for a pic. ...................
          ......................was on hands and knees ................
          Photographers are weird.

<<< and just so you know I am joking: For my picture, I was laying on my side in sand, propped up on one elbow. >>>
          Last edited by Redman; 03-05-2018, 09:54 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
            Photographers are weird.

<<< and just so you know I am joking: For my picture, I was laying on my side in sand, propped up on one elbow. >>>
            Funny. I come home with dirt up my back side like I wiped out or maybe laid down for a nap next to the bike, LOL.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Ok guys, this is bugging me. I posted a pic that has been enhanced by Google and I feel like an athlete that's been secretly doping or something. Is that cheating, do you think? It's not like I added the tower in the back with a photoshop thing I simply, as Buffalo Bill says, pumped up the colors a bit.

Here's the original photo. If you feel it was deceitful, please speak up.

and the enhanced photo

Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I'd say you're good, don't worry about it Roger. It would be like a photographer adjusting a photo with shutter speed/film type... Except for a few, we're just a bunch of amateur picture takers.

Also, we're being graded on the subject, not the quality of the picture.
                Last edited by storm 64; 03-08-2018, 11:08 AM.
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Its all good. I'll use my iphone photo editor to adjust pictures when needed.

I consider it modern dodging / burning - a photo printing technique to lighten / darken local spots on a print to enhance it.
                  Last edited by dorkburger; 03-08-2018, 11:16 AM. Reason: Auto incorrect
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

There's not enough difference in those two pictures to even mention it.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

personally I like the original better.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        ................ pics playing with sunlight to make the shot interesting....
                        Friday.... Voting.....

Trevor's picture does play with sunlight to add interest to to the shot of bike at restaurant. Quite a dramatic sun flare.
                        Hey, Trev, Tell us if there was something specific you did for that.

Interesting that most all the submissions that the sun is the major element/subject of the photo (including mine).

I keep coming back to the Glen DB photo with sun thru trees, and the Roger Burque photo of sun thru water tower. I can imagine both of them out for a ride, seeing something of the sun, and then finding a place to pose bike for for a picture. Glen included the shadow of the bike, which adds yet another intersting element to the picture. Roger had the bike fill the foreground, and I was impressed how well exposed (and focused) the bike was with such heavy sun in the background. I like both of of those pics quite a lot, so need to think of something to use as a "tie breaker in my mind" between the two.

Glen DB pic is a great interesting picture that will have great appeal to a wide variety of viewers.
                        For a tiebreaker of "picture of bike that plays with the sun to add interest"; I give a slight edge to Roger Burque.
                        Last edited by Redman; 03-09-2018, 06:20 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'll vote for Redman's. I'm going to call it "Nuclear Fission" 👍
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Tough one this week. In no particular order...

DB's dreary fog w/glint of sunlight

Trevor's shot of the sunlight makes even a gixxer look angelic

Bonanzadave's glimpse of the sun's energy beaming from the Excel building

Jedz sunrise over the Street Rod

Steve, maybe a few minutes earlier or something

All great pics, but Redman's sun through the engine does it for me.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Great pics...close for me between DB and Redman

But I'm going to go with DB's pic.
                              No signature

Comment

My vote goes to Roger!
                                Great pics by all though!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X