Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know if I missed any.

Will be back to ponder later.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
      .................... This is a documentation pic taken on an evening ride in the same place and time of day as all the bikes I've owned. They are pinned to the shop cork board ..................
      That would be interesting to see a picture of that sometime.
      Last edited by Redman; 01-04-2019, 07:11 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        That would be interesting to see a picture of that sometime.
        I agree...It would make a great thread.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That is a great idea. I pin the maintenance log for the bikes on the wall but rarely print the pics of my bikes. My wife on the other hand has printed several for me and made a collage for the house. Sadly, I 've owned a few bikes that I never took pictures of. It wasn't until I joined The GSR that I realized how much fun it is looking for photo opportunities and preserving the memories of (usually) great rides.

As far as my vote this week, I'll go with Kerrfunk.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Well entries are a little down at 10, but considering the holidays, it is good group of photos....Very nice.
            And thanks again Dave for putting them all together for us. I know you are pretty busy spoiling the Grandkids...

Loved the theme, Roger...
            The pictures that really worked for me, and fit the theme best, IMO...

Burgue73 - very nice picture...the clouds and the bike framing the mountains, which have the golden light of the setting sun illuminating them.

Mine - also had the golden sun ray thing going, and I like the picture. Wish I would have moved a little and differentiated the tank bag from the rock.

kerrfunk - the setting sun is definitely lighting up your subject, with wonderful light. Couldn't park under the arch, huh? LOL...

Redman - golden light is very nice, but it is the composition that works well for me. Bike on the right 3rd, shadow on the left. Several leading lines going right for the bike, nice.

DaveR - nice, very nice. Just a good solid photo of your bike. Full frame, nice light, limited distractions. Almost calendar stuff.

Also liked trevor's, and dorkburger's a bunch, but didn't feel they really met the theme...

This week my vote goes to Redman, (Dave), for giving me the complete package.
            Last edited by Baatfam; 01-04-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Im voting for Burque73 this time.
              1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I really like Sandy's pic of the sun on the elderly GSes but I will vote for Dave Redman for the best capture of the topic of the week.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I vote for Bob Baatfam this week. At first few glances, I'm thinking it's one of those photo edits where the bike is kept in color while the background is processed B&W, but upon further reflection, I see the green in the grass. I also love what the setting sunlight does to the bike. Check it out in comparison to different lighting and angle. Same bike, right? different seat but same bike?
                  Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    I vote for Bob Baatfam this week. At first few glances, I'm thinking it's one of those photo edits where the bike is kept in color while the background is processed B&W, but upon further reflection, I see the green in the grass. I also love what the setting sunlight does to the bike. Check it out in comparison to different lighting and angle. Same bike, right? different seat but same bike?
                    Same bike, but after I changed it from an '82 frame, to a '83 frame, thus the different rearsets.
                    Back to a recovered stock seat, upgraded horns, fork guards, and the little windshield.
                    And FYI, I did desaturate everything a little, except the bike. Just trying bring the bike out a little.

Comment

Well entries are a little down at 10, but considering the holidays, it is good group of photos....Very nice.
                      And thanks again Dave for putting them all together for us. I know you are pretty busy spoiling the Grandkids...

Loved the theme, Roger...
                      The pictures that really worked for me, and fit the theme best, IMO...

Burgue73 - very nice picture...the clouds and the bike framing the mountains, which have the golden light of the setting sun illuminating them.

Mine - also had the golden sun ray thing going, and I like the picture. Wish I would have moved a little and differentiated the tank bag from the rock.

kerrfunk - the setting sun is definitely lighting up your subject, with wonderful light. Couldn't park under the arch, huh? LOL...

Redman - golden light is very nice, but it is the composition that works well for me. Bike on the right 3rd, shadow on the left. Several leading lines going right for the bike, nice.

DaveR - nice, very nice. Just a good solid photo of your bike. Full frame, nice light, limited distractions. Almost calendar stuff.

Also liked trevor's, and dorkburger's a bunch, but didn't feel they really met the theme...

This week my vote goes to Redman, (Dave), for giving me the complete package.
                      I guess I didn't understand the theme...I thought it was the sun setting on something? How does mine not meet that criteria?
                      Just asking
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        I guess I didn't understand the theme...I thought it was the sun setting on something? How does mine not meet that criteria?
                        Just asking
                        Totally fair question. For me, it is always a struggle to get a balance between best picture, and best interpretation of the theme...
                        Using Roger's follow up here, I was looking for that golden light. But that is just me.
                        Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        My thought was, what is the setting sun's golden light falling on.
                        Still love your photo though, Trevor.

Comment

Totally fair question. For me, it is always a struggle to get a balance between best picture, and best interpretation of the theme...
                          Using Roger's follow up here, I was looking for that golden light. But that is just me.

Still love your photo though, Trevor.
                          Thanks my friend,
                          No signature

Comment

Kerrfunks pic does it for me this week. Trevors pic is close second with the soft subdued colours throughout, all so gentle the gull wasn't even spooked.
                            1979 GS1000
                            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Rogers initial statement of "sunset..... but look on the other side of the road.... what sun is setting on...." seemed to describe that looking away from the sun at sunset, to me, anyway.
                              I suppose if all that someone saw was "sunset" or "what sun is sitting on", without the reading the entire statement, then would have a broader interpretation.

And, incidentally, something I found years ago was that often when are attracted to some subject-scene as subject of a photo, that often if look the other way or look around in general, will find other interesting things. So I have been a proponent of "look on the other side of the road" when stop for a photo when see some scene.
                              ANd also, if looking for any scene, maybe stopp at something that is kinda marginal scene, not really worth stopping for, but maybe if do stop anyway, might also find something else that WAS worth stopping for. (Which explains some of the peculiar pics I have.) (And explains why sometimes a 3 1/2 hour ride might only be 100 miles.)

I noticed that Trevor got the seagull(?) to cooperate to provide a great profile to add as an interesting element, along with the twilight glow.

Had 5 pics that I really liked for the topic-theme-subject.
                              Man, these entries have been getting to be great in recent months. Have many to choose from that are great, such that have to think of some criteria for a tie-breaker, and that criteria for me, anyway, is to judge it per the category-subject-theme.
                              I liked Bob Baatfam's alot, nice picture of the bike in what is obvious low angle light (or obvious to someone with photo experience). Although the picture is about the bike, not the light. Similar for DaveR, great pic of great scene, is well lite by the low sun, but the low sun is not a major element of the pic. Kerrfunk is great interesting also, but is about the big monument.

For pics that are about the "sunset... but look the other side of the road" that would be: mine and Roger Burque, each has own unique attraction .... ah, I'll give Roger the benefit of being the author of this great catagory-theme-subject and vote for Roger Burque.

Comment

And this is why this game is fun. We all interpret the theme in a different way.

This is what Roger said.
                                "...sunset..... but look on the other side of the road.... what sun is setting on...."
                                To me, this means the subject is what the setting sun light is lighting up, not the light itself.

Now Redman, (Dave), took that to mean the subject was the light, not what the light lit. (If I understand him correctly)
                                Although the picture is about the bike, not the light. Similar for DaveR, great pic of great scene, is well lite by the low sun, but the low sun is not a major element of the pic. Kerrfunk is great interesting also, but is about the big monument.
                                Ah....Art it is so confusing....

Comment

Working...
                                X