No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. Nowwhere near my polishing wheel. In fact, it was taken in West Virginia, just about exactly halfway to your place.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      A Wes Cooley in the front and a Wes Cooley in the back.
      Ahhh, but the "Wes Cooley" in the back was just a replica.

But there is no way to beat having the original in the front.

sigpic
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Ahhh, but the "Wes Cooley" in the back was just a replica.

But there is no way to beat having the original in the front.

Lol....well to get even more technical it was only called a "replica" by the fans, not Suzuki.
        No signature

Comment

At first I thought, I don't have anything to submit for the Photo of the Week. Oh, I found one of my mug in the mirror. But that's what it looked like, a mug shot on a most wanted poster. A bad case of helmet hair. So I did a little digging, and with the help of photo zooming I found this. "Who's that looking back at me in the clutch cover? Oh that's me!" Also if you look you can see 850 peeping in on the cam caps. ☺20180310_084939.jpg
          if you tap on the picture it will enlarge.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Lol....well to get even more technical it was only called a "replica" by the fans, not Suzuki.
            Very true. Suzuki never sold a "Wes Cooley Replica", they offered the GS1000S as a tribute to Wes after he won the championship(s). It is my understanding it was not referred to as a "Replica" until Kawasaki offered their Eddie Lawson Replica.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                ............ I found this. "...........
                ha! You twice, and other GSes twice.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  Hey,
                  Reflection IN your bike,
                  Reflection OF your bike,
                  and your bike AND a reflection.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Very true. Suzuki never sold a "Wes Cooley Replica", they offered the GS1000S as a tribute to Wes after he won the championship(s). It is my understanding it was not referred to as a "Replica" until Kawasaki offered their Eddie Lawson Replica.

Correct. Except Wes did not win a championship on what we refer to the gs1000s with the fairing unti 1980 (he won the AMA super bike championship in 79&80)... therefore suzuki released it before wes won even the 79 championship... therefore suzuki did not release it as a tribute to Wes....not in less of course they could see 3 years into the future.
                    No signature

Comment

OK, so maybe Wes's bike was just a Yosh Special race-prepped 1000S?

Either way, it's nice to have him in the "family".

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

OK, so maybe Wes's bike was just a Yosh Special race-prepped 1000S?

Either way, it's nice to have him in the "family".

It sure is Steve. I talk with him often on the phone...and in May I'm going to visit him on my way through to Moab.
                        No signature

Comment

It would be nice to meet him some time, since I met his father about 37 years ago. I checked my route for our "little ride" later this summer. We won't be going quite far enough south to stop by and say "howdy", otherwise, I would definitely make time to stop by.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

KLR in a car door.

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Friday......
                              We have 9 submissions.

Are scattered over a few pages with discussion and other things in between, so let me review here:
                              213 mine, Curvey road scene in GK fairing
                              214 Justin Jedz, his face in engine case
                              217 Glen DB, 1150 in puddle
                              218 Steve, bikes in mirror and bikes ahead on the road
                              219 Bonita Mrs Steve, bike behind in mirror
                              222 Trev, Wes Cooley bike and Wes Cooley person (I would say not a photographic reflection. But I am not King of the GSR Pic Of The Week.)
                              229/232 Norm Storm, Self x2 and GS x2 in bike
                              231 Bonazadave, reflection in bike, bike in reflection, reflection in building
                              238 Roger Burque, KLR in car door

I have always liked the on-the-road-view-in-mirror photos, and these two here are good ones also.

I like Jedz's, and Storm's, and Bonazadave's and Rogers (and mine) for the imagination of posing the photo, and for the photo itself.
                              Jed'z has a few interesting elements other than the reflection.
                              Bonazadave's has multiple aspects of "reflections", and reflections are the main topic of the photo.
                              Storm's is a great picture of a great shiny GS engine that has multiple reflections including other GSes.

So, four pictures really have my interest.
                              For a general purpose photo contest I would have to conciser Jedz's or Bonazadave's (or mine).
                              But using the fact that this is a photocontest on GSR, I will use that consideration as the tie-breaker and call for Norm Storm.
                              Last edited by Redman; 03-16-2018, 11:15 AM. Reason: KLR not LRK, scheesch (maybe why I had trouble in school)

Comment

Bonanzadave this week for me.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Subject-Theme-Category: Reflection.
                                Either a reflection of your bike, or reflection on/in your bike, or I suppose your bike and a reflection of some sort.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X