Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    It seems the rules say or imply a bike has to be in the picture. Personally I don't really care because we've got some great shots. What says everyone else? Also I didn't realize until I reread the rules that my sample photo is also eligible, I posted 2 so I went back and deleted one.
    I thought the same thing....gotta have a bike in the photo for sure. Imo
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      I thought the same thing....gotta have a bike in the photo for sure. Imo
      2nd that...

Great shots on this one!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Definitely good to have the bike in the pic though not specifically stated in the first post.

Also, only posting one pic simplifies things, (thanks Sandy for your thought there) though more than one has been posted on occasion.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          Definitely good to have the bike in the pic though not specifically stated in the first post.

Also, only posting one pic simplifies things, (thanks Sandy for your thought there) though more than one has been posted on occasion.
          I think your rule number 7 heavily implies that your bike should be in the pic...

That said, (IMHO), leave that picture in for this week, and going forward, we need a bike in the picture.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            OK, it must be Friday already, londonboards has won for this week.
            Nope.

Some folks might vote based on "picture of best twisty road".

Other folks might vote based on "best picture of bike and twisty road".

So we do need to have the vote.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            ....... we need a bike in the picture.
            Agreed, If we were to choose "picture of best twisty road" we would choose different than if we were to choose "best picture of bike and twisty road".

Seems that most weeks, most of the voting is pretty much for most interesting photo, best composed, most descriptive photo of the bike and the subject-theme.
            My observation is that Has been occasions that some folks voted for picture that had the best-accompanying-story, has been some occasions that some folks voted for the example they liked the best of the subject-theme, but for the most part it sems to me that folks are voting for most interesting photo.

I have always thought we should be choosing best-most-interesting picture of bike and theme-subject, picture with most photographic merit (with slant toward motorcycling interest).
            ANother way to say it: Not so much the photo of the bike and the best-biggest ball of twine, not that this ball of twine is bigger than the other ball of twine, but the best-most-interesting photo of bike and a ball of twine.
            This is a photo contest, I thought, not a tag-game.
            Is a photo contest, photos voted on as best-most-interesting photo of bike and subject-theme based on the photographic mertis of the photo.
            But, yes, folks can make an argument that the rules and original posting-statements do not specifically state each aspect of that. And folks can vote based on what ever criteria.
            There was (and is) a preexisting tag-game, and this one was established as an alternative to that, more of a photo contest.

And should be one picture, one picture only of bike and subject-theme-category. And folks vote on how interesting the photo is.

(I will skip the discussion of this is somewhat like interpreting the US constitution, and folks arguing for what may or may not have been intended.)
            Last edited by Redman; 03-27-2018, 06:57 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

....... (IMHO), leave that picture in for this week, .............
              There has been no mechanism/procedure for disqualifying/removing a photo submission.
              But, I think, folks need to consider the rules and the intent when voting.

So, I haven't said/posted "that picture or those pictures do not qualify".
              I Do not want to discourage someone from participating. But, yah, should be one picture only, and that one pic needs to have bike and the theme-subject included.

Last edited by Redman; 03-27-2018, 06:30 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Baatfam and Redman, your words are pretty spot on. Not much to add that you guys didn't say.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Voting Early because I will likely forget to again...
                  Trevor's is my favorite this week.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Torn between Battfam and Steve both have the criteria, twists complete with bike so after head scratching I vote for Steve.
                    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                    past bikes. RF900
                    TL1000s
                    Hayabusa
                    gsx 750f x2
                    197cc Francis Barnett
                    various British nails

Comment

You guys using the absentee ballot method? LOL! Supposed to vote tomorrow...
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

OK...it is Friday. My vote goes to Jedz123...
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Friday morning.
                          Ten entries (all time high) over a few pages with discussion in between.

Let me gather them up.

For londonboard, I am showing here the one of the curvey road (but doesnt have his bikie, not any bike) (other one had bike but no twisty road).

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                          Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                          Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
                          Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Last edited by Redman; 03-30-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

more , for total of 10.

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            (opps, though I was going to be the first post of Friday, but I took too long.)
                            Last edited by Redman; 03-30-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

So many great pics for us riders.
                              For most people would be "uh, yah, so, um, a picture of a road. And your bike. So, ah, Why were you stopped there?"
                              My brother says "Oh, an other picture of a motorcycle abandoned on side of road."

A couple picture didn't meet the criteria, although interesting shots.

Jedz is great of the one approaching curve, and great that can see the great terrain in the area, a can gather that are on a bridge.
                              Sandy, Baatafam, Burques, Steves, mine & Trevors pictures have me following the road and imagining what the ride would be like, and wanting to go there.

I will have to say that Trevor's pic, despite the bikes being in their own shadows, is the one that held my interest the longest, had me looking over the details the longest, had me imagining being there on the ride, had me imagining the ride the longest, had me pondering the perspective the longest, and the guys demonstration of excitement. So, I will use all that as the tie-breaker in my deliberations, and choose Trevor's.

(Yah, Trev, when pose a picture, you should move the sun to a better position. har har har)

Mine has the distraction of that goofy guy in the lower corner.
                              Last edited by Redman; 03-30-2018, 12:16 PM. Reason: abandoned on side of road

Comment

This is going to be a tough one for me to decide on this week. I like Steve and Baatfam's picture how the road just disappears into the forest. I like Redman's picture showing three segments of the road. But even though it "technically" doesn't qualify, I vote for LONDONBOARDS. What a awesome road! Do you see how the hairpin turns are built up and banked! Just amazing 👍

LONDONBOARDS GETS MY VOTE
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X