Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
    Well it is supposed to be a challenge
    I think he's pulling your leg. He lives on an island!

Me on the other hand in the desert, that's a challenge I'll accept. Road trip!
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      I think he's pulling your leg. He lives on an island!

Me on the other hand in the desert, that's a challenge I'll accept. Road trip!
      ah, ok lol. didnt know that. oh well, not much of a challenge for him then, maybe for you though! good luck
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

OK. How about a photo of the bike on a boat that's on the water? LOL. Ya. You gave Trevor some homework, he's probably sorting through about 10,000 photos right now.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Kawasaki Kid by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

On the Ferry across Kentucky Lake.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Trevor's island rally 2016

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
              Trevor's island rally 2016

V
              Great pic Vince, that was a lot of fun!

Btw if anyone is interested my Rally is Aug 9th weekend this year.
              No signature

Comment

My attempt at getting some boats in the pic.

Here's Cochiti lake. There are usually sailboats at this little lake for the prevailing wind. Guess what was missing on Sunday? Wind and sailboats! Kayaks were lovin it though.

I really don't like this pic. Looking at it now I can hardly see the kayaks in the water. Maybe I'll go out tomorrow and find something better.
                Last edited by Burque73; 06-26-2019, 06:31 PM.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

One would think that living near a shore, I would have went there.. Too easy and expected, but I didn’t find anything good where I went either. I missed out on a large ship at a petroleum depot. It got close to my photo setup, then a tug backed it in and parked it. I got squat for the subject at the moment, but got a few other decent pictures that are elsewhere in the internet world.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

"Your bike and a boat"?

Ok...this was when I took two Wes Cooleys (the man and the bike) to Vancouver for Vintage in the Valley a couple of years ago...yes it's another shameless plug of me hanging out with Wes...

No signature

Comment

Having to re-use a pic from a couple years ago.
                      The CB160 in front of a long abandoned replica pirate ship.
                      About 10 miles outside of town, the rusting carcass get lots of tourist attention.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Only had a couple options, but this one from 2013 at the Akers Ferry in Missouri will do. That is Jon R on the left, and Joe Nardy on the right.

Akers Ferry in MO by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Ferry from Vermont to New York...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The only good picture I have when I caught up with these folks at the ferry; they turned left and headed into town while i hit the good roads when we got off the ferry in Kentucky

Anderson Ferry Across Ohio River by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Man, my flickr access is messed up. Had to post from an imgur.
                              "Your bike with a boat."
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                                ........... boats, or marinas, that kind of thing.......

lake freighter coming through the channel

i stopped to observe this (proceeds slowly).
                                old guy in passenger seat took a lot of effort to get out of the car and slowly shuffled over to me.
                                i thought he was gonna crab at me about parking on the blue handicap lines.
                                nope. he wanted to yack at me about his career on such freighter ships. i enjoyed hearing about it - for awhile.

this was 2011, when you would still have half a clue where the "redman" name came from, and the jacket was somewhat new.

first pic is the entry. photo not as nice as i had remembered, but is what i thought of.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X