No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too must vote for Jedz. Just a really nice picture. You could hang that on a wall in your living room, and nobody would question why. But I bet some would ask ABOUT it... Nice shot Jedz...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Trevor gets my vote. great pic.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I'll go for marvin this week, because West Virginia!
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

It's almost unfair as that TU250x is one of the most photogenic bikes around, and the composition and lighting take it over the top.+1 for Jedz.

honourable mention to marvinsc
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Marvinsc gets my vote! I think I was at that dam in West Virginia. Isn't it up the road from the "Fanciest Dairy Queen?" It was during my first GSR rally, the last West Virginia rally Depep organized. I was on that blue BMW. I was on my way to the Outer Banks. That was fun! 🌞
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

"Gorillas in the Mist"? nope but "GS in the Mist" is a great pic.
              Marvin for the win.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I just have to for Jedz123...A really nice photo..
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Well my count is:
                  15 votes total.
                  baat, 1
                  spyder, 1
                  trevor, 2
                  marvin, 5
                  jedz, 6

I tallied the votes two separate times and got the same results.
                  Jedz for his second win, and the second consecutive winning weeks in 2019.

We've had sixteen different winners.

Additional statistics. Out of 33 weeks so far:

25 participants have submitted at least one photo this year. 18 have submitted at least five. 12 have submitted more than 17 photos.
                  burque and redman have submitted photos the most, at 32 and 30.

26 participants have voted at least one time this year. 22 have voted at least five times. 10 have voted more than 17 times.
                  gustov, burque, kerrfunk, dorkburger, and rich have voted the most, at 30, 29, 29, 29, and 28 times.

A few have submitted at least one photo but have never voted, and a few have voted at least once but never submitted a photo.

Here's where we've been; what do you have for us next, Justin?

week of # theme winner # of wins pics votes
                  1-Jan 1 What is the sun shining on redman 1 10 14
                  5-Jan 2 profile Dave R 1 17 18
                  12-Jan 3 my favorite picture burque 1 17 16
                  19-Jan 4 peak / peek / pique kerrfunk 1 11 15
                  26-Jan 5 silhouette sandy 1 12 13
                  2-Feb 6 vineyard trevor 1 8 10
                  9-Feb 7 tourist attraction marvinsc 1 12 11
                  16-Feb 8 where the hell am i baatfam 1 12 15
                  23-Feb 9 three redman 2 15 13
                  2-Mar 10 colorful background kerrfunk 2 14 12
                  9-Mar 11 Biker's POV bccap 1 13 13
                  16-Mar 12 where you live burque 2 9 14
                  23-Mar 13 fun perspective kerrfunk 3 8 10
                  30-Mar 14 New to You dorkburger 1 15 9
                  6-Apr 15 under cover rich 1 13 11
                  13-Apr 16 detail dorkburger 2 17 16
                  20-Apr 17 Spring theme. KillRamsey 1 13 13
                  27-Apr 18 down low / bug's eye view Sandy 2 17 15
                  4-May 19 deterioration / something ugly dorkburger 3 12 14
                  11-May 20 wall gustovh 1 14 13
                  18-May 21 with a stranger redman 3 7 12
                  25-May 22 This should be good sandy 3 14 11
                  1-Jun 23 old marvinsc 2 13 10
                  8-Jun 24 flora fauna murdoch 1 14 11
                  15-Jun 25 gear agemax 1 11 14
                  22-Jun 26 with a boat agemax 2 12 11
                  29-Jun 27 wildlife rich 2 8 15
                  6-Jul 28 atmospheric phenomena burque 3 13 16
                  13-Jul 29 interesting rock formation redman 4 10 10
                  20-Jul 30 on the road baatfam 2 12 13
                  27-Jul 31 new and old redman 5 11 17
                  3-Aug 32 looking through jedz 1 10 10
                  10-Aug 33 green power jedz 2 9 15
                  Last edited by kerrfunk; 08-17-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Jedz for his second win, ...................
                    Hum.... Someone needs to walk into his wedding ceremony and tap him on the shoulder.......

Oh, Hey, Kerry, you could have your clerical vestments and just walk in up front . . . . . .

We've had sixteen different winners.

Additional statistics. Out of 33 weeks so far:........
                    Thanks for the statistics.
                    I wonder if you have a spreedsheet, and then you sort, then count yourself.
                    Or if you have a database and run reports.... or what.

Pondering some other interesting statistics. . . . . . har har har

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Hum.... Someone needs to walk into his wedding ceremony and tap him on the shoulder.......

Oh, Hey, Kerry, you could have your clerical vestments and just walk in up front . . . . . .

Pondering some other interesting statistics. . . . . . har har har
                      I will mention it to him but he may not have time for this. Just this once know what I mean?

Maybe when they say," does anyone have reason this union should not etc. Or forever hold your....."
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                        I will mention it to him but he may not have time for this. .... ... .."
                        Hey, we can be reasonable. Yah, we could wait till tommorow.

The "does anyone have any reason..." would be good opportunity to bring this up.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          I have a spreadsheet. I manually enter each week's submissions, and I have a command that counts how many submissions this week.
                          I manually enter each person's vote, and I have a command that tallies everybody's votes, and another command that checks the tally.
                          Then I manually enter how many times a person has won.

This morning I added three columns and wrote a command to count how many times a person has submitted a photo, and how many times a person has voted, and I also tallied how many votes each person has gotten (but I didn't share that information with people. Maybe another time.)

Then I just sorted the data so I could report what I thought was interesting.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
                          My dad has tracked his bicycle miles since 1988 -- he's currently a bit over 49,800 miles, just over two equatorial circumnavigations of the earth.
                          He knows how many countries each member of our family has been in, and he's got a flag on display for each one. My brother has been to about 80.
                          He also keeps track of which "heritage engines" (trains) he's spotted (he lives across the street from a busy train line).
                          So tracking voting like this naturally appeals to me is what I'm saying
                          Last edited by kerrfunk; 08-17-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

So tracking voting like this naturally appeals to me is what I'm saying
                            And having you do previous theme records appeals to me, (since I don't have to do it anymore)
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I have a spreadsheet. .
                              The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
                              My dad has tracked his bicycle miles since 1988 ......
                              He knows how many countries each member of our family has been in, ........
                              He also keeps track of which "heritage engines" ...........
                              Hum .... a lot of functionality for a spreadsheet. Impressive.

I recall you saying your dad did things like that, and likes going to road numbers that equall his age. And you ride with him, so intersections of his and your age are a target.

Comment

Ya know? I use Excel every day. I know the program quite well. But, never think of using it for anything outside of work. Never even crosses my mind. I was very impressed (a long dam time ago now) with Steve's Valve adjustment sheet. Funny how work seems to stay at work for certain things... I feel confident that I can speak for most of us here, when I say, thanks for staying on top of these statistics Kerry. Great job, you deserve a raise...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X