No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, most of my life has been spent everywhere - no one place very long until we moved here to Ohio. Actually, this is the longest I've lived in any one place - the last seven years now so, I'll go with this one.

Actually changing my picture to one I took today on another favorite route. I learned today I cannot kneel down yet without a lot of pain in the leg so this was taken from waist level and with some serious luck on my side.

Close up of bike from waist level by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 08-25-2019, 07:21 PM. Reason: Changing picture
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

One time I rented a motorcycle when I was visiting my parents in my home town, but last time I lived where I grew up was 1990, and I started riding in 2008.
      My dad apparently calls 'em "donorcycles" and says "Give your son a motorcycle for his last birthday".
      My mom was none too excited about my new hobby, but she wanted to share in my joy.
      Here we are in 2009 behind the house I lived in in PA. She tolerated a 3-mile ride with me.

"A pic of where you come from". Thanks, Mom!

(see also my wife's feet on the back step)
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

My mates GS(x) hybrid and my GS on top of the world. I am very lucky where i live in Plymouth UK as there are hundreds of square miles of open moorland in one direction and many miles of coastal roads in the other direction, both of which offer great riding roads and stunning scenery.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Ah,man!
          what a picture!
          maybe we should call this The Jedz Photo Of The Week Game.
          Yup....He is really putting up some nice work. Must be the joy of married life!

(I need to up my game)
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

British Columbia has been my home for 16 years now. It's the longest that I have lived in one place...so much personal growth has taken place here for me..and of course the best thing that ever happened to me was meeting my wife here.
            This was taken a few weeks ago when we went to the Kootenays for a five day ride.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
              "A pic of where you come from". Thanks, Mom!
              ....)
              Given that picture, how literal should we interpret that statement......?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Have been in various places in Michigan since I was 4 years old.
                Outside the few big citys, and the meduim size citys, much of Michigan is rural.
                Some part is agricultural flat land, some is gently slopped.
                Some part is national or state forest.
                And there is the sand dunes along lake michigan.

HAve been in west Michigan (Grand Haven area) since 1979.

As far as areas with interesting pictures:

Most intersting roads are those that follow rivers, which will have some curves and elevation changes and can find some like that in wooded area.

Other interesting feature of area is Lake Michigan

More interesting is where the rivers meet the big lake, but that is usually a built up area, with harbor and such, so not accessible to motorcycle picture...... well, unless go to some effort.

IMG_3695 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Last pic is the submission.
                Is representative of something somewhat unique to this area that I have been in for last 40 years (almost 2/3rds of my life).
                Picture is from fall 2018, after the pier renovations, but before the catwalk was put back this (2019) summer.
                Last edited by Redman; 08-25-2019, 03:21 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

With a theme setting pic like that, why don't we just call it Friday and start over already? LOL.

This is just outside of Kirtland Air Force Base where I was born, about five miles from where I live now. 40 of my 46 years were spent here in the land where atomic energy was developed. Pictured here is a replica of the tower that held the "device" that started it all. The original tower was vaporized during the experiment.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Hey all,
                    checking in... state of affairs kind of crap.
                    Its been a difficult year in the Dorkburger abode, both financially and with family relations.
                    As of last Friday the cycle has no insurance and has been idled... Not good for one whose riding is a part of his mental health regimen. Even before that I’ve only been able to ride about 300 miles this year, only adding to my frustration.

I consider this thread to be a highlight of the forum and plan to continue participating, but new pictures will be sparse for the remaining year, unless a topic is one that allows a setup type shot in the garage.

One of the few highlights has been my younger son and his new bicycle. He likes to go out at night when it quiets down and explore the town. Same as I do, but in a smaller scale. He’s a wonderful comic relief and companion.

Back to regular programming....
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Glen, for different reasons i have done VERY little riding as well so i understand where you coming from.
                      Keep the input coming.
                      Last edited by steve murdoch; 08-26-2019, 08:22 AM.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

You are absolutely correct, Jedz.
                        I will remove the line.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Its interesting... My son and me rode bicycles around town for about two hours last night. First stop was the ice cream store, then we just wandered around town after our treats. It was so enjoyable and relaxing, plus my son is very thoughtful and funny. For the first time in I dont know how long I had what I call a fun hangover this morning - as in when you wake up the next day still smiling from the previous night - just like after a good ride on the cycle. Maybe I'm on to something.....

Anyway... this week's submission. Not where I grew up, but I would certainly call it a stomping ground....
                          Back in the heyday I typically did 6-7 thousand miles a year on the bike. Time was shared with a 67 ElCamino, followed by the much better looking 66 model. Wether on two wheels or four, trips to any beach town within 30 miles of The Circus had the spot as a first stop. Plus I had eyes for at least one waitress there... but no game to speak of.....

Early last year it closed then was razed. The sign is still there for now.
                          http://Circus Drive in. R.I.P. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          Last edited by dorkburger; 08-26-2019, 02:55 PM.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This is where I grew up, these two pictures were taken in front of my house in 1982.

This is a picture of my bike in 1983 in Millington Tennessee with my brother in law sitting on it.

And this is my new '82 taken in front of the house I live in now and have for over twenty years.

This is the picture I will submit,
                            This picture was taken in the driveway of the house I grew up in in 1982. I came to Houston in August of 1968 and moved in to this house, it's home and will always be my biggest memory. This is a picture of my dad on my bike not long after I bought it, he took it out for a ride. This is when he returned from the ride. My mom and dad both were involved in a fatal head on collision with a drunk driver in May of 1997, this picture represents a lot to me, my dad was always to me what I wanted to be, if it wasn't for him, I would not be who I am today, he loved riding motorcycles and that is where I picked it up from.

Hope I didn't bore anyone with my story.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Not at all, thanks for posting. It is interesting the path some of us took to get on two wheels. No one in my family rode except my Uncle and Motorcycles were a non negotiable NO at home. The original "On any Sunday" got me hooked in my early teens and I had to wait until I was 18 to get a bike and that is exactly what I did, a clapped out 1972 Yamaha DT 250 that tried to kill me more than once. It failed and the rest is history......:-)
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I remember getting my first bicycle (3-speed) at the age of 14 or 15 and running around the neighborhood pretending it was a motorcycle. I had my first introduction to a kick-start motorcycle about the same time at my step-sister's place in Madras Oregon that we'd ride across the road on the butte but I always had problems getting it to start. Unfortunately, the times I could ride were very limited as we didn't always go down there nor did we go without my mom (she wouldn't have it). While stationed in England I seriously thought about it but I couldn't see myself following their graduated laws that I barely understood (OH HOW WRONG I WAS in waiting then). Later, while married to the ex-wife it was always a hell no I don't want you to get hurt then after the divorce I seriously doubted how I could ride with a 4 year old daughter I had to take care of.

It was only after I retired from the Air Force and was living with my girlfriend (current wife) that I finally set my mind to getting something and the rest has been history. I have sincerely loved the last 9 years and really do wish I had taken the chance all those years ago.

I like this week's theme.
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X