No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, since videos are apparently not allowed, let's go to a single shot.

This is under the New River Gorge Bridge, near Fayetteville, West Virginia. The bridge is about 870 feet above the bikes. My bike is the blue one that is first in the far left line.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

No videos, huh? That's too bad.

In its place, here is this picture. I don't remember where it was, but the bridge itself is rather unforgettable.
      In case you can't tell, that is the back end of my bike. My son is taking the picture over Steve's shoulder, you can see the front of his windshield in the bottom of the picture.

Current ride: 1982 GS850L

Comment

IMG_2118_1 by gillinghams2007, on Flickr

Taken from one of the "Goat Path" bridges along the Salmon river (2015 California)
        Last edited by Charlie G; 04-07-2018, 10:24 PM.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
          Well I guess I don't do bridge photos much but here is one of about three that I do have. It's kind of a big bridge so I didn't get very close. Bridge over Deception Pass in Washington State.

by soates50, on Flickr
          This was a great trip Sandy and I am sorely going to miss this years adventure!
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Charlie, you could have used that same picture for three weeks already: reflections, water and bridge.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Charlie, you could have used that same picture for three weeks already: reflections, water and bridge.

I haven't really grasped how this thread works but it seemed you guys were posting pictures of bridges. What the hey. Nice pictures....I'm subscribed now.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g

Comment

Yep, the rules are in post #1. In a nutshell, a theme for the week is posted on Saturday. Entries are accepted until Thursday. Picture must show your bike (past or current bike) along with the theme. Entries are voted upon on Friday. Winner is announced on Saturday. Winner chooses a new theme.

This week's theme was chosen by Baatfam: bridges.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  This was a great trip Sandy and I am sorely going to miss this years adventure!
                  Yah, that was one of the better trips. Maybe second to one we did in your neck of the woods. That goat trail was fun.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Just thought I would keep a list of themes, so we can avoid duplicates. Here is what I pulled from the thread so far.

Date Theme By
                    1/21/2018 Low Light Burque73
                    1/27/2018 Interesting/peculiar roadside attraction dorkburger
                    2/3/2018 On the border Burque73
                    2/10/2018 Slightly less than perfect riding weather Mrs. Steve
                    2/18/2018 Bikes of GSR Rallys Jedz123
                    2/24/2018 Sports Burque73
                    3/3/2018 Playing with sunlight trevor
                    3/10/2018 Reflection Redman
                    3/17/2018 Motorcycle packed down storm 64
                    3/24/2018 Something twisty Sandy
                    3/31/2018 Water Steve
                    4/7/2018 On/next to a bridge Baatfam
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Just thought I would keep a list of themes, so we can avoid duplicates.
                      Good idea. Thanks, Bob.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

Railroad Swing Bridge.

Here the bridge is open to allow for river traffic (train traffic would have a problem).

I took this picture quickly because getting there involved trespassing on private property of a company (a dock for unloading bulk material frieghter) and then along the railroad.

I wanted to get bike out on the end of that walkway (along left side of tracks) so could see the end of the tracks and the river in foreground and then bridge more obvious IN the water (not across the water), but I was concerned about how much time that would take. And I could see some dock workers looking at me then heading into the office. So I took the picture quickly.

THen thought I would turn bike around, for a better pose, and take another quick picture before leaving. Well, in trying to walk the bike and turn it around ... long story, shorter... bike about got stuck in some loose ballast stones, and in trying to get out of that we were going downhill. Stopped with front wheel right at the rivitement edge, still pointed downhill, endanger of going over into the river. After recovering from that, and getting pointed in right direction, I could see guys heading to a company truck, so I headed down the tracks and got out of there.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here is my entry for photo of the week. This picture was taken last spring, just after a big rain, somewhere in western Pennsylvania.
                          Attached Files
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

This week my vote is for Redman
                            The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                            1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                            past bikes. RF900
                            TL1000s
                            Hayabusa
                            gsx 750f x2
                            197cc Francis Barnett
                            various British nails

Comment

I'd like to vote for mine but for the sheer risk-taking (trespassing?) I'll throw my vote to Redman too
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I have to give my vote to Dorkburger....

Although Trevor and Redman were both a close second.
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X