No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE Baatfam's pic this week... That is where my vote shall go!
    My the Force be with you all!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Not sure what that boiling ball of lava is behing Gustovh's bike is, but its intriguing to me.
      He gets my vote.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I hope I'm no too late...this is my entry...taken last year...totally sunny day but the effects of forest fires out of control in our province last August...

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          I hope I'm no too late...
          Well, not really too late, well, other than voting has started and some have already voted.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Not sure what that boiling ball of lava is behing Gustovh's bike is, but its intriguing to me.
            He gets my vote.
            It's a fire in a burn barrel. pretty hard to beat a double sun......Baatfam gets the vote this week.

V
            Last edited by gustovh; 09-27-2019, 11:38 AM.
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Well, not really too late, well, other than voting has started and some have already voted.
              It’s all good... way better photos then mine here..just fun
              No signature

Comment

The double sun is cool, but it's almost too good of a photo( if thats even possible.) I'm pretty sure the Jawas didn't have photoshop capabilities.

I'm going with Gustovh's eerie backlit, burn night shot.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I like Keerfunks pic, that is an interesting capture of light bouncing off the various objects, some of it also going through the shapes of the plexi-fairing, and all of the image is the light as it came thru the lens of the camera. Could say is more an effect of light distortion thru the shape of the plexi-fairing, but ah, close enough, given the entry example.
                  But he said not to vote for it because he not available this coming week. But I kinda want to anyway.

Trevor pic is interesting for the complete and evenly diffuse light, the light is coming from about everywhere, have to look hard to find any hint of any faint shadows anywhere, and the even tint everywhere.

Bobs image is very interesting, and appealing, and amusing. Really demonstrates Bob imagination. Demonstrates Bobs application of whatever tool that was in the software to add those things to the image. (Please dont let my statement of my opinion dissuade you from voting for it.)

Jedz is intersting for how got the sun right behind the bike, and by the shadows it seems to me isnt sunrize or sunset.

Gustove is interesting for the unique unidentifiable light source.

ROger Burque pic is interesting for the effect of the light haze around the light bar, and for the tail light, and for the shadow on the floor, and for the highlight/outline/edge of the fairing windshield. I am a bit puzzled by the characters on the licence plate (at first I thought maybe he was implying the light effected that). And am a bit distracted by the stuff in the background, but, hey, that serves to identify the location/setting.
                  Vote for Burque.
                  Last edited by Redman; 09-27-2019, 01:19 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm in for Redman.
                    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Well, I don't recall the criteria being "Natural" lighting effects, so photoshop counts if you are asking me... I think the bike on Tatooine is an cool piece of work. Baatfam gets mine this week...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I know he didn't want us to vote for him, being away and all, but kerrfunk gets my vote.
                        All the curvy lines...the edge of the windscreen, the sign, the double yellow through the windscreen, etc., it all works for me.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

"boiling ball of lava" is a great description. lol.
                          Gustovh for the win.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Gustovh gets my vote... Still not sure what I'm looking at though. Some kind of vapor coming off Mars???
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Gustovh gets my vote... Still not sure what I'm looking at though. Some kind of vapor coming off Mars???
                              Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                              It's a fire in a burn barrel.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Gustovh for me though I loved Kerrfunk's
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X