Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
    I've owned a lot of GS 650G, 850G, 1000G and 1100G shaft bikes and have checked all their splines, some with advanced stages of wear....but have never seen one completely stripped like that one!!
    This was around 2010 and I'd been into motorcycles for all of two or three years. I could change my own oil at this time, but a friend came over and he knew a thing or two and we had a manual and took the rear tire off and replaced the part. Quite a deal! Click on the picture for a better view:
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

A 3/16" Whitworth combination wrench, (unusual in American tool boxes), and the valve stem caps off my Triumph.

Last edited by Baatfam; 05-13-2018, 10:26 AM.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Confusion, what I was hoping for and a variety of different pictures. dorkburger got the idea as well as kerrfunk. Let your imagination run wild.

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
          Here's something different that includes a part of my bike...
          I will joke that your picture of the hubs is not different, that is somewhat common. (given the failure rate of those original hubs).

And, I will seriously say; that is a good descriptive detailed photo.
          Last edited by Redman; 05-14-2018, 10:26 PM. Reason: reword

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Something different that includes a part of my bike.

A different perspective of a portion of the bike. (if that is what is meant by "part")

A part of the bike that is the opening between xmission and carburators, cylinders and air box. (if that is what is mean by "part")

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

OH boy!
              I'm going to play with this one... I got a perfect specimen for this!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

How bout this one, my tank.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working on the Bonneville.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    Confusion, what I was hoping for...
                    LOL...Well you got that from me...I am confused.

Perhaps if the owners of the last three pictures could explain the "something different" part?

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      LOL...Well you got that from me...I am confused.

Perhaps if the owners of the last three pictures could explain the "something different" part?
                      Lol....I'm with ya....can't figure out what's "different" either...
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Perhaps if the owners of the last three pictures could explain the "something different"............
                        That "something different" was some of my original question about the stated theme.
                        Did "something different" mean the photo had to include and additional item (as the example did)...? Or did "something different" mean the photo/perspective should be something different than usual full view of the bike..?
                        I asked for clarification on that point (and other points), and so did a couple other folks, and the author Gustov did respond, but his response avoided any clarifying statement, and in fact indicated that it was purposely "confusing to get a wide variety of photos" (or something like that). And that does seem to be what is happening ..... so now that folks have submitted photos I don't think it should be clarified any further.

Other area of ambiguity is if by "part of bike" if that meant a portion of the bike ....or.... piece/bit/component of the bike.
                        (Gustov comment about 2 specific submissions seem to support the piece/bit/component idea, but that is not consistent with his sample photo. So, ah, further confusion-ambiguity.)

Along with my submission I did state that one way my picture meet the criteria is as a different perspective(something different) of a portion (part) of the bike.

Other thought I had about all this: I suppose this isnt a game to see if we can figure out Gustov's puzzle/riddle for Gustov to decide. It will be the vote for most interesting, best photo based on vote of us all. But, yah, we do need to keep in mind what the topic/them/subject is... which is up to wide interpretation.
                        Last edited by Redman; 05-15-2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Yeah mine is different! It's got a millennial doing physical labor
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            That "something different" was some of my original question about the stated theme.
                            Did "something different" mean the photo had to include and additional item (as the example did)...? Or did "something different" mean the photo/perspective should be something different than usual full view of the bike..?
                            I asked for clarification on that point (and other points), and so did a couple other folks, and the author Gustov did respond, but his response avoided any clarifying statement, and in fact indicated that it was purposely "confusing to get a wide variety of photos" (or something like that). And that does seem to be what is happening ..... so now that folks have submitted photos I don't think it should be clarified any further.

Other area of ambiguity is if by "part of bike" if that meant a portion of the bike ....or.... piece/bit/component of the bike.
                            (Gustov comment about 2 specific submissions seem to support the piece/bit/component idea, but that is not consistent with his sample photo. So, ah, further confusion-ambiguity.)

Along with my submission I did state that one way my picture meet the criteria is as a different perspective(something different) of a portion (part) of the bike.

Other thought I had about all this: I suppose this isnt a game to see if we can figure out Gustov's puzzle/riddle for Gustov to decide. It will be the vote for most interesting, best photo based on vote of us all. But, yah, we do need to keep in mind what the topic/them/subject is... which is up to wide interpretation.
                            I hear ya, Red, and agree.

But I really would like the players to give out a little info on their picture. How it meets the theme in their eyes, where/when did they take it, etc. Part of the fun!

Comment

Geee wizzz, Let's see if I can make it easier on you guys. What I was trying to put across is a picture that includes a part of the bike, such as my handlebars, the something different is the gauntlet. Sandy's pic includes redbird and Stator. Dorkberger, well it is different.

V
                              Last edited by gustovh; 05-15-2018, 12:05 PM.
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                It will be the vote for most interesting, best photo based on vote of us all. But, yah, we do need to keep in mind what the topic/them/subject is... which is up to wide interpretation.
                                As long as the most people vote for mine side-by-side splines.

Wait, are we allowed to campaign?
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X