No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think mine is different. There aren't to many parts on a motorcycle that you would want to bring up to 1,850° Fahrenheit and let soak at that temperature for 45 minutes...
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Theme this week is confusion,eh? Well I started out with some Mad Max ideas in seeing the original pic, but evolved into what I think brought us all to this forum originally....old GSes, their parts, tools(or lack thereof) and making it all roadworthy. So here is my entry and some stuff to make the whole thing street worthy? I'm sure there are some essentials missing but I've given away most of my spare GS parts...shims, r/r, gaskets, splines, etc... When all else fails take the BIG mallet to it!

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Now you have the idea. Dig deep you guys, there has to be something odd or different in your pictures, if not this is a good example.

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        Theme this week is confusion,eh? Well I started out with some Mad Max ideas in seeing the original pic, but evolved into what I think brought us all to this forum originally....old GSes, their parts, tools(or lack thereof) and making it all roadworthy. So here is my entry and some stuff to make the whole thing street worthy? I'm sure there are some essentials missing but I've given away most of my spare GS parts...shims, r/r, gaskets, splines, etc... When all else fails take the BIG mallet to it!

[IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by gustovh; 05-17-2018, 08:10 PM.
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
          Where's the bike? Or are we not showing bikes anymore? lol
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Where's the bike? Or are we not showing bikes anymore? lol
            I gotta follow the rules....I fixed my pic and threw my old GS1100ES into the toolbox. See new replacement pic !

[IMG][/IMG]
            Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

What's going on with this week's game?

Glad you guys are having fun. I've been trying to sit this one out hoping next week we'll get to see more whole bikes.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                What's going on with this week's game?

Glad you guys are having fun. I've been trying to sit this one out hoping next week we'll get to see more whole bikes.
                You have to meet Gustov in person...then you would understand....lol...he marches to his own drum.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                  Now you have the idea. Dig deep you guys, there has to be something odd or different in your pictures, if not this is a good example.
                  I don't see anything odd or unusual in this picture.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    I have been playing this game on another forum and it's a lot of fun. It gives people the chance to post a pic that fits the current theme thereby opening up more possibilities in many locations.

Rules:
                    1. Today is Saturday, I'll start with a theme.
                    2. Saturday to Thursday is submissions time. Everyone else can post one (and only one) picture that meets the theme.
                    3. Friday is voting day. Vote for the picture you like the most. You can vote even if you didn't participate with a pic during the week. (voting closes at midnight, Pacific time zone).
                    4. In case of a tie during the voting day, the first vote that breaks the tie the day after will decide the winner.
                    5. Saturday, the winner of the week posts a new theme using an example picture.
                    6. The example picture ALSO participates.
                    7. Any bike can participate... not only GS's (as long as it was yours when the pic was taken)
                    8. The date of the picture does not matter, you can use new or old pics as long as they meet the week's theme.

Summarizing:
                    • Saturday to Thursday: Pics that meet the week's theme are submitted.
                    • Friday: Vote for your favorite pic of the week.
                    • Saturday: The winner posts a new theme using an example photo.

I was under the impression a bike you own or owned needed to be in the pictures..

I don't think bike parts constitute a "bike"...

Here goes Jedz throwing down the rule book from post 1. Just this week is confusing. I'm leaving my post and letting it ride...
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 05-18-2018, 07:59 AM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Seems to me people are overthinking this.
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Well, it's Friday Vote Day. I vote for KERRFUNK, if for nothing else, to see what he has up his sleeve for the next subject. ☺
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I continue to be befuddled.
                          Still don't really understand the theme, or how it applies to some of the photos.
                          (But, that's my problem...the light will probably come on later)

Nonetheless, this game is a hoot, and we did get some fun, interesting photos.

So not understanding the theme, my vote goes to Dorkburger, because it made me laugh...

Comment

Trevor you kinda understand me. My vote is for dorkburger this week.

V
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              Seems to me people are overthinking this.
                              Absolutely!!

Comment

Well. I've reviewed the pictures and I vote for KERRFUNK as well.
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X