No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though I really like Wacky's and Baatfam's on an artistic level, humor gets my vote for DorkieDude! Utmost respect intended. cg
    Last edited by Charlie G; 05-18-2018, 02:19 PM.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Busy day..... just catching up now...
      Poeople tend to overthink when rules aren't clear...

Despite the existence an another 1100e.....
      I'm voting for Trevor.... How often does a simple old school GS get to rub shoulders with a frikkin Britten?!
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I have to go with Trevor's. Not only is the Britten pretty special so is having a GSR members GS1000S featured at Quail.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

If I have a vote in this, my vote has to go to Glen.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

It seems that everyone is busy today, while I watch the rain.......
            Voting was as follows-
            Two for Trevor.
            Two for Kerrfunk.
            Four for myself....
            My pic is one of many reasons why the wife and kids say that I'm wierd. They are probably right

This week will be a picture of your bike casting a shadow.
            http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Rain, send some our way please! It rained here yesterday but none hit the ground.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Just an add regarding this week.
                The bike does not need to be fully in the picture as mine was. A part of it or even its shadow only is fine.
                sigpic

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

This was a few years ago near mu house on my 83 1100e...I remember riding racing my shadow down the highway...pulled my phone out for a quick pic....

No signature

Comment

A few years back on a cold winter day on my SV650....I have a lot of nice shadow pics with my bikes but chose this one because of the early sunset and ice crusted snow on the ground. You have to ride year round in New England to fully benefit from the bikes! If I remember correctly it was around 20F the day of this pic. Just be careful and pic your spots for road conditions!! Black ice can end your day real quick...or worse!

[IMG][/IMG]
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2018, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I’m going to try this but I’m doing it from my iPad so I don’t know if it will work right. If it doesn’t I will try to get Charmayne to upload it for me

You’ll have to click the link as it won’t give me the bbcode to insert
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                        I’m going to try this but I’m doing it from my iPad so I don’t know if it will work right. If it doesn’t I will try to get Charmayne to upload it for me

You’ll have to click the link as it won’t give me the bbcode to insert
                        Huh. I found it:
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Thank you. I tried to download and use their app but it doesn’t seem as friendly as their website
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

here is my entry, lots of photos with shadows. I got this bike for getting a yamaha 750 running for a fellow.

Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Close to 11K motorbike related photos cataloged on my machine, and I only found 6 or 7 photos with clear enough shadows to use.
                              Seems like every rally or ride I've been in the past 10 years involved clouds and rain.

Anyway, I found this one from July of 2013. Not a particularly clever or artistic photo, with the harsh sun and cliched pose, but I thought the shadow was interesting.
                              Lighting the K1100RS directly from behind gives a weird geometric shape to the shadow in front of the bike.

The picture was taken at the entrance to the New Glarus brewery, in New Glarus Wisconsin. That is a field of hops growing behind us. We stopped for the tour on our way home from a BMW Brick ride.

30 minutes after this picture was taken, that BMW was scattered up and down the shoulder of the highway. Best bike I ever had.

Last edited by Baatfam; 05-22-2018, 04:16 PM.
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I like this scene because the shadow is not distorted much, well, other than the bottom of the tires. Can even see the carb bowls in the shadow.
                                THis is the road down by the beach, parking space next to dune hill side, sun real low, sun just about to set over the lake.
                                Sun just about perpendicular to the bike, and the side of the hill not too far from perpendicular either.

Last edited by Redman; 05-22-2018, 08:08 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X