Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    That looks pretty good to me Sandy, but then again all of my photos are crappy cell phone shots.
    Actually that one is a crappy cell phone photo. My old Samsung S3 to be exact.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Downtown Cedar Run Pa. Hotel on one side and general store / ice cream shop on the other. It counts because it has its own zip code. Ha.
      http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Just to be different, Vernonia at night.DSCF1173.jpg

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Without the bike.DSCF1174.jpg instructions are confusing, with or without the bike?

V
          Gustov
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          80 GS 550 L
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
            ........... instructions are confusing, with or without the bike?
            Subject/theme for the week was stated to be (without restating all the rules/instructions) "downtown" .
            General instructions for the entire game (first post) may not exactly say, but does imply that photo should include the bike, and discussions early on did confirm that photo should include bike (and be your bike, and you took picture). Other general rule/instruction is to submit only one picture.
            And we havent gotten too fussy about if you actaully took the picture, maybe your passenger did, as long as you were involved.

Now last week was "bike casting shadow", and was stated that bike itself not need be in frame of picture, but did need to be a bike's shadow.

Short answer: Yes, photo needs to have bike, your bike, your picture of your bike (or the bike was your bike in your picture).
            Last edited by Redman; 05-27-2018, 04:48 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Back in the first ten or fifteen posts in this thread we discussed whether the picture had to be taken by you or if someone else could take it. That really doesn't matter as long as it is or was your bike in the picture. That being said, yes, you need to have a bike in the pic. Of course there are times when an entire bike can't be captured in the pic and still get the background the photographer was trying for. That hasn't affected the fun factor of this game. Even part of a bike in the picture keeps the game revolving around motorcycling. A picture of a waterfall without a bike does nothing for the spirit of the game unless there is a bike somewhere in the picture.

Hope this helps.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

This is a picture of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I'm Up on mount Washington, on the Southside looking north. I was thinking about staying till dark, but I thought I better get going. It was pretty cool, not only for the view of the city but also the gathering of motorcycles. There was a Buel cafe styled motorcycle, a Yamaha 50th anniversary R6, one of them 250cc racers. A nice group of young folks. It was a nice afternoon in the city.
                Attached Files
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I was teasing guys.

V
                  Gustov
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  80 GS 550 L
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I live downtown so I must as well throw in a picture of the " Hood ".......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      This is a picture of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. ... ... ... ... ...
                      That is about as close as I would want to get to a downtown like that.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                        I was teasing guys.
                        I half suspected that.

Comment

Ok..my pic...downtown Chemainus BC...about 50 kms up Island from Victoria...cool little town that has a ton of murals...

No signature

Comment

Downtown....? I dont like riding in large citys, especailly downtown.
                            Downtown... here? in this nearby small town? Downtown is about 2 1/2 blocks long.
                            Yah, I ride thru there sometime, but nothing there to have a picture of.

So, I got no pictures of any downtown in my archives.

But, this morning I rode downtown, got a cup of coffee and walked around looking at stuff.
                            Hey, there are a bunch of interesting buildings there. And I was there before most businesses opened, so only a few cars near the coffee shop and bakery, and most of downtown devoid of cars. Had my choice of parking spots.

Last edited by Redman; 05-30-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                              I live downtown so I must as well throw in a picture of the " Hood ".......

Cool pic...kind of has that Gotham City look going!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Downtown....? I dont like riding in large citys, especailly downtown.
                                Downtown... here? in this nearby small town? Downtown is about 2 1/2 blocks long.
                                Yah, I ride thru there sometime, but nothing there to have a picture of.

So, I got no pictures of any downtown in my archives.

But, this morning I rode downtown, got a cup of coffee and walked around looking at stuff.
                                Hey, there are a bunch of interesting buildings there. And I was there before most businesses opened, so only a few cars near the coffee shop and bakery, and most of downtown devoid of cars. Had my choice of parking spots.

Another cool pic...reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode where no one is left except the mannequins and the last man on earth(you) with everything left intact but no sign of human life! I kind of expect the next shot to show a large hand coming down grabbing the toy bike and moving it elsewhere....maybe that was another episode? Something about dolls and a toy gift(a human, again you) for the alien kid.
                                Last edited by Guest; 05-30-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X