X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    Yes we're the same person....
    Now why didn't I know that?

Jedz gets my vote. I like the perspective and the angle of the shot up the hill.......
    So Jedz it is....what you got for us this week?
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Looks to me like Jedz123 won this week. Can I get a second on that?
      Yep, congrats Justin (Jedz). That was a nice photo.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Oh snap... I didn't vote. Sorry guys I was busy with a funeral this weekend life has been but a whirlwind it seems... Looking very much forward to getting out to Indiana in 2 weeks.
        I'll find something soon. Please stay tuned.
        Thanks for the votes!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I propose Live Action for this week's theme. You and one of your bikes taken while in movement.

Hope all find this to be an acceptable theme!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I've never been fortunate enough to either be in a spot where a cameraman could take a picture like that or hire one. But there a lot of times the wife will take a picture from behind on our rides. This is probably the best of my ones as it shows the Colorado front range in the distance

Starting out 22 May by Scott Baker, on Flickr
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hey, I like this theme!...I was even thinking the same, that it would be a good idea for this game, a few weeks ago. Great minds think alike! Anyway here's my Tail of the Dragon "action" shot from a few years ago, but I don't like to pay people to take pics of me so I pulled the free one off their website, so you'll get some of their free advertising! I think my DL650 was a little easier to push through the curves than your Harley, Justin, so I'll give you more credit for effort! At least I didn't have to worry about scraping body parts with the vStrom's healthy ground clearance! I bet you'd love to be back there with the Triumph!!

[IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                Hey, I like this theme!...I was even thinking the same, that it would be a good idea for this game, a few weeks ago. Great minds think alike! Anyway here's my Tail of the Dragon "action" shot from a few years ago, but I don't like to pay people to take pics of me so I pulled the free one off their website, so you'll get some of their free advertising! I think my DL650 was a little easier to push through the curves than your Harley, Justin, so I'll give you more credit for effort! At least I didn't have to worry about scraping body parts with the vStrom's healthy ground clearance! I bet you'd love to be back there with the Triumph!!

[IMG][/IMG]
                That's my plan for July! I'll be heading south to TN again to meet my new neice and then east into the NC mountains for a few days. The Triumph will be going through her paces. 1 month of ownership and over 4K miles already. It's been a great mile racking stead.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  I propose Live Action for this week's theme. You and one of your bikes taken while in movement. Hope all find this to be an acceptable theme!
                  Good theme! I wasn't sure about using pictures taken by someone else, but if the theme requires it, than all is good.

I am sure I have something I can use.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Jedz, I took the liberty of straightening the buildings in your winning photo, just for grins. Hope you don't mind me touching your pixels. I did lose some data around the edge, cutting off the bottom of the left bike's tire, but it was just for fun. Let me know what you think.

Comment

That's my plan for July! I'll be heading south to TN again to meet my new neice and then east into the NC mountains for a few days.
                    Where in Tennessee?

Comment

I don't mind at all!!! Thanks for the touch up Bob!

I will be in Charlotte TN and around the NC and TN border for a good 5 days. Want to meet up!?!?
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I don't mind at all!!! Thanks for the touch up Bob!

I will be in Charlotte TN and around the NC and TN border for a good 5 days. Want to meet up!?!?
                        Welcome.

We should be able to at least meet for a meal. We also have a decent guest room depending on your route and timing, if you are interested.

We can discuss at Brown County.

Comment

Oh snap... I didn't vote. Sorry guys I was busy with a funeral this weekend life has been but a whirlwind it seems... Looking very much forward to getting out to Indiana in 2 weeks.
                          I'll find something soon. Please stay tuned.
                          Thanks for the votes!
                          Thanks for dropping back in on this thread. Life, and death (sorry to hear that, Justin) certainly get in the way sometimes huh?

I'm sure after your little get together in Indiana you and many others will have some good pics to share.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

So?
                            Who won?
                            What was the score?
                            Who keeps score?
                            What's the new theme?
                            These are good questions. I changed a couple of things in the first post to hopefully help eliminate some confusion.

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            Rules:
                            1. Today is Saturday, I'll start with a theme.
                            2. Saturday to Thursday is submissions time. Everyone else can post one (and only one) picture that meets the theme.
                            3. Friday is voting day. Vote for the picture you like the most. You can vote even if you didn't participate with a pic during the week. (voting closes at midnight, Pacific time zone).
                            4. In case of a tie during the voting day, the first vote that breaks the tie the day after will decide the winner.
                            5. Saturday, the winner of the week posts a new theme using an example picture.
                            6. The example picture ALSO participates.
                            7. Any bike can participate... not only GS's (as long as it was yours when the pic was taken)
                            8. The date of the picture does not matter, or who took the pic. You can use new or old pics as long as you've got the bike in the pic (or as much of the bike as necessary for the theme) and they meet the week's theme.

Summarizing:
                            • Saturday to Thursday: Pics that meet the week's theme are submitted.
                            • Friday: Vote for your favorite pic of the week.
                            • There is no official score keeper so if you submit a pic for the week keep an eye on the votes you get, or at least check the thread on Saturday to see if you've won.
                            • Saturday: The winner posts a new theme using an example photo.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Welcome.

We should be able to at least meet for a meal. We also have a decent guest room depending on your route and timing, if you are interested.

We can discuss at Brown County.
                              Talk more for sure at Brown County! I will definitely take up an offer for an overnight. I will start building that trip itinerary when I get back from Indiana in June.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I propose Live Action for this week's theme. You and one of your bikes taken while in movement.
                                Oh I have a contribution for this theme!
                                This is one of my favorite pictures.

I was staying at my aunt and uncle's place in Alexandria one year while I ran a half marathon.
                                A friend of mine bought a Goldwing, but he was a little nervous about relearning to ride on such a big bike, so he borrowed my 550 for a few weeks, and I rode his Goldwing.

Here's my aunt taking a spin around the block. I love the look of terror on her face, and the blur of the picture plus the clear focus of my face.

Last edited by kerrfunk; 06-03-2018, 04:16 PM. Reason: added theme
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X