Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,
    Voting for Baatfam. Great shot with the rain bouncing off of the ground.
    I feel that image. Rain shower, brightening skies, anticipation.
    Depending on my mood, I've waited for the rain to stop, went out in the rain, or sat in my chair in the garage just admiring my bike and the moment.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Kerry KF And Glen DB gave quite a chuckle.

rkroby is quite impressive in several ways. Certainly looking in at the bike(s).

bob baatfam nice shot of clean shiny bike looking out at rain. Nice reflections on shiny bike. Can see rain splashing. Cant actually see garage, but do quickly realize is in garage looking out.
      vote for baatfam.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Man, where'd the week go?

Hard choice this week.

I love the song from Lonestar that talks about standing on the front porch looking in at your motorcycle in the living room. Well, that's roughly how it goes...

Voting for rkroby.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Several good ones but rkroby's looking in shot did it for me this week.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Can't sleep much anymore it seems, so may as well do something productive...

Happy Saturday morning fellas. Here's the tally for this weeks votes.

I count 11 great entrys with three of them getting votes.

Gustovh 2
            Baatfam 3
            Rkroby 7

Nice job Rkroby.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I can confirm Rkroby's win with seven votes.

Nicely done, excellent photo!
              Stunning look, with no explanation, just the photo doing the talking. Nice!

What theme do we get this week, Rkroby?
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                I can confirm Rkroby's win with seven votes.

Nicely done, excellent photo!
                Stunning look, with no explanation, just the photo doing the talking. Nice!

What theme do we get this week, Rkroby?
                Thanks for the confirmation, Bob.
                Hey, I second the sentiment from Glen about your shot. It gives a terrific feeling (Glen said it better). I remember that feeling too. Maybe it was a dream, but I'd swear it rained here before.
                Anyway, I liked your pic.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Thanks for the confirmation, Bob.
                  Hey, I second the sentiment from Glen about your shot. It gives a terrific feeling (Glen said it better). I remember that feeling too. Maybe it was a dream, but I'd swear it rained here before.
                  Anyway, I liked your pic.
                  Thanks....
                  I like it also, but that dang lawnmower behind the left bar...ugh.
                  If that was gone, it would be on my wall...LOL....

Comment

Thanks guys. This shot had me thinking about some different options. "Abstract art " or" into the blue" came to mind but so did "nipples". Nipples may have been fun but this weeks theme is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I hope it hasn't been used.
                    1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Just to verify, the theme is: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

I like it....
                      And thanks for given us a quick start to our search...

Comment

Cool theme.
                        Regarding themes, I thought we decided way back that themes / topics would eventually get thin, and reusing some would be acceptable. Personally, I’ve found that no two pictures, even at the same spot and time are ever the same anyway.
                        Last edited by dorkburger; 03-20-2021, 12:28 PM.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Bike Mailbox by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

1991 GSX 1100G by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

To me one of the best looking bikes ever. Certainly the prettiest one I have owned. 1991 GSX1100G.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              1991 GSX 1100G by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

To me one of the best looking bikes ever. Certainly the prettiest one I have owned. 1991 GSX1100G.
                              Yes....”beauty is in the eye of the beholder” LOL ... in all seriousness I did consider one of those bikes
                              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Yes....”beauty is in the eye of the beholder” LOL ... in all seriousness I did consider one of those bikes
                                I almost bought one too! But then I came to my senses. Lol
                                Just kidding🙂
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X