Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
    I know the rules say two but with these GSs having such a big comfy seat why limit it to two. Laguna Seca, 1984 I think, on a previous GS1000E. Probably not acceptable by the rules but that's all I got, I virtually ride solo most of the time.

by soates50, on Flickr
    Burton Cummings rides a GS! Lol..

No signature

Comment

Laguna Seca? Is that Honda Mike Velasco?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I know the rules say two but with these GSs having such a big comfy seat why limit it to two. Laguna Seca, 1984 I think, on a previous GS1000E. Probably not acceptable by the rules but that's all I got, I virtually ride solo most of the time.

by soates50, on Flickr
        Pablo Escobar?
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Burton Cummings rides a GS! Lol..

Finally Trevor, I'm lost for words. WTF.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

To be honest, I did not consider the thought of more than two people, and the real inspiration for the theme is "Share the love" and if you got a three way, boy, more power to you! Not an infraction of the rules!
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Finally Trevor, I'm lost for words. WTF.
              Lol... I saw your brother yesterday at Cliff’s and don’t worry he found your words! 😆
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                To be honest, I did not consider the thought of more than two people, and the real inspiration for the theme is "Share the love" and if you got a three way, boy, more power to you! Not an infraction of the rules!
                Thanks Kerry. Kind of what I figured as well.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  This was fun....me and Wes Cooley on my Wes Cooley...

Great shot ........who's who??? LOL.

Comment

Great shot ........who's who??? LOL.
                    Lol....a lot of people said we looked like brothers! Wes thought that was pretty funny...
                    No signature

Comment

My submission for this week (will delete previous one).

Me & daughter, age 12 maybe, so 1994. on the 82 650G.
                      (1994; That should be easy for Jedz to do the math on this one.)

This is a picture that means a lot to me, more than it is a good picture.
                      I recall daughter at that age, say 12 thru 14 or 15, might be times where we were having a difficult relationship, but then she might ask or I might suggest "go for ride" or "I'll take you on the bike", and we might stop somewhere and she might talk about stuff or maybe not, but seemed like we got along much better for a time after that.
                      Now, that does not at all show up in the photo, but that is what the photo means to me.

As far as a photo goes;I liked the symetry of me and daughter, framed to include only us and bike and the lack of distrating background (used 135mm lens most of the time), and her facail expresion. I recall setting up the pose, setting up the camera (manaul SLR) for wife to take.

In last few days, I spent a lot of time looking for this photo and could not find a print of it in picture books, nor could find the slide... but then mentiuoned it to my daughter (now age 35) and she knew which picture I meant right away, and said she had a copy on her google drive. So got it from her. I should ask her what the picture means to her.
                      Lets see; 1994... about the no jackets-gear.... I think was soon after that that I did get leather jackets for the kids, and got more regular about wearing my jacket (well, maybe not upper 90s).
                      Last edited by Redman; 06-13-2018, 01:14 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My vote this week is for Sandy, 3 on a bike is nuts, just like him.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

My vote is for Trevor. There's a lot of action in that parked shot. Love the facial expressions and the history of the moment.
                          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

My vote goes to Trevor....Hard to beat that one.
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hmmmmmmm.
                              I love Sandy's three up, one hand on the controls shot.

Dave's old shot of he and his daughter tugged at my heartstrings a bit - with my older son about to finish tenth grade, I'm definitely feeling the passage of time. While going thru pictures, I found one of him at 3 years old sitting on my bike. His feet were about five inches from touching the pegs- now he is 6 feet tall....

Voting for Trevor. Because its just cool. Cooley on a bike nicknamed after him....
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My Vote is for Sandy this week.
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X