No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have to sit this one out too... No Cell phone means no camera and I don't have an image in stock that will fit this weeks topic.

Dave, I like that picture of the steam tractor! The shot of that old farm equipment behind it is also cool
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      ... ... ... ... No Cell phone means no camera .... ...... ....
      Hum ... I suppose that is true for many folks these days.

(I have added more shots of that scene to "Went For Ride" this afternoon.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I couldn't get out this week to grab a pic in time but still would like to chime in and vote for Redman's vintage heavy equipment shot.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No voting until you've seen my contribution from Friday afternoon 6/22
          My 650 and a loader (299c) and an excavator (349e)
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Well now....light turnout this week...hope we can keep this going....

So this week's vote...

Redman's is older, and kerrfunk's is bigger....hmmmmm

It is a very tough choice, but I have to go with Redman this week.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I saw Kerrys pic in "Go For Ride" and thought it was intersting in that was a smaller and a larger piece of equipment, and picture framed such that they took up the entire background.

Got up this morning to go to my Saturday breakfast (non-riders), and thought, "Oh Today IS saturday, so yesterday was Friday, forgot to take out the trash, and forgot to vote on Pic Of Week".

Vote Tally: Total of 2 votes, both for my Heavy Equipment Circa 1910.
              THanks.
              I have things going on this morning and afternoon. Will have something for us maybe this evening.

THis game/thread is kinda fun. Some weeks is more like a tag game, other weeks is more like a photo contest, I will try to steer it to more of the later.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks for checking your vote tally early Dave. I think a prompt response by the winner will help increase participation in this thing. I for one didn't have an opportunity to go find a pic for the game this week by the time the new one was posted. Maybe the time frame set in the first post could or should have been adjusted to allow more weekend time to get the themed picture. As it is if the winner is motivated, or able, they need to run out and get the new theme pic shot and uploaded on Saturday. This leaves one day, Sunday, of weekend riding time for working stiffs who don't always get out on weekdays to get a contributing photo. Not sure if any change is in order or just roll with it for what it is, a fun thing.

Happy hunting for a new theme, Dave!
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  Thanks for checking your vote tally early Dave. I think a prompt response by the winner will help increase participation in this thing. I for one didn't have an opportunity to go find a pic for the game this week by the time the new one was posted. Maybe the time frame set in the first post could or should have been adjusted to allow more weekend time to get the themed picture. As it is if the winner is motivated, or able, they need to run out and get the new theme pic shot and uploaded on Saturday. This leaves one day, Sunday, of weekend riding time for working stiffs who don't always get out on weekdays to get a contributing photo. Not sure if any change is in order or just roll with it for what it is, a fun thing.
                  Roger, you do know it doesn't have to be a new picture, correct?
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Happy hunting for a new theme, Dave!
                    I will be hunting thru my photo archive (later today).

And most of my entries are from my photo archive as well (this is not a riding game, this is not a tag game).
                    Last edited by Redman; 06-23-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Roger, you do know it doesn't have to be a new picture, correct?
                      Haha, yeah I know. I just didn't have the required photo last week is all.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Bike At The Water

We have had "Water" before.

I am naming the topic this week as "Bike At The Water".
                        Meaning bike is near the water.

THis happens to be a river, but any other is good; lake, stream, ocean, bayou, ectetera.
                        In this pic the bike is over the water, but that is not required. I was at the water at this boat ramp, looking for a scene, noticed that there was two docks, and the river was unusally calm .... hum.... (and lost some of my better scences).
                        THis pic has reflection of bike in the water, but that is not required. What have you done relative to bike at the water?

Last edited by Redman; 06-23-2018, 03:11 PM. Reason: (and lost some of my better scences)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          I am naming the topic this week as "Bike At The Water".
                          Thank you for not saying "In the water" as I've seen what you can do with that GK...

Here's my GS on a bridge in Northern NM, near Española I think. My wife and I were coming back from visiting the Taos Gorge bridge.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

T120 on Fern Lake.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

This picture was taken while coming back from Charlie G's presentation of the PNW rally, somewhere south of Tillamook Or. My 850 is on the left end.

Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Stillwater River Ohio

Stillwater river 13 Sep 2015 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X