No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the field repair (and yes, that's a bicycle pump). My GS is background left, and HERE is the Goldwing's tire. If I recall correctly, he was going flat, so we were pumping it up by hand every few miles, and then he had a blowout. I don't remember what we did then, lol.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Well I guess I'm out for this week. I don't have pictures like that. LOL.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Same here, no pictures of that on a ride
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Field Repairs......

Flat Tire, 15 miles from home. No pics.

Bentup handle bars, 50 miles from home, No pics.

Fuse Block Meltdown, 250 miles from home. No pics.

Burnt stator, 200 miles from home, south side of Indinapolus. Have pics on side of road, covers off, tools and meter out. Have pics of Brian and Brett rescuing me, but actaull fix was in Brians garage shop, so not really a field repair, sp pic doesnt really qualify since didnt repair on side of road. (so, then, also not too concerened that is a photo collage) (So this is not really a submission, just telling the story, with pictures.)
          Last edited by Redman; 07-15-2018, 03:08 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            Well I guess I'm out for this week. I don't have pictures like that. LOL.

What Sandy, no pictures of my flat? Still holding air by the way.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Well Vince, funny you should pic this topic....this was my bike on the side of the road at one of Vince's pnw ralley's about 5 years ago...the problem? Why a bad stator of course...lol....big thanks to Vince who had a stator from a gs550 that did the trick!

Vince doing his thing...

How’s about that shift linkage?
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Come on guys, does not have to be your bike, just your picture.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V
                  Ok, I have one in mind. Just have to find it.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Rule #7

Any bike can participate... not only GS's (as long as it was yours when the pic was taken)
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

V
                      My understanding of the general requirement differ from that.
                      Has to be your bike (or was your bike), .... but doesnt have to be your picture (this was decided becasue some had picture of them taken by thier passenger).
                      That is what has been discussed/decided early on.

I have a few pictures of others doing parking lot repairs at various Brown County rallys. (and a couple such pictures I really like... hey, I could send them the pictures for them to enter har har har)
                      Last edited by Redman; 07-15-2018, 08:26 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Rule #7

[/COLOR]
                        I agree; we started and have played this game with that rule so the picture must be of your bike. I'll wait for next week again to see if something more playable will come along
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

July, 2005, trying to get out of Durango, Colorado, headed home.

BOTH bikes were having charging problems. Got new batteries for both, things were better, but her 850 was still "iffy".

She snapped this picture while I was working on my Voyager.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

All that I have is a picture of my tire with a drywall screw in it. No picture of me plugging it at a convience store parking lot- I was by myself. Also no picture of me and a dead charging system 200 miles from home.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Here is a picture I got of Larry (alke46, uncle Larr...) working on my motorcycle. Last summer when on my 6,000 mile Big Adventure, my speedometer gear striped out leaving me with no odometer. I happened to be in Larry's neighborhood, meeting him for breakfast. At the end of breakfast he asked if I wanted to go to his house. "No, I want to get back on the road". Then he pulls out a speedometer gear that I needed! We went to his garage to swap out the gear. I was very grateful for his generosity, with no GPS I had no way of tracking my fuel stops. Chalk one up for my good ol'buddy uncle Larr. ☺
                              Attached Files
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Here's my KLR with a Honda CRF 450. We're attempting to straighten a bent shift lever. He wiped out on the corner just at the top of the hill and mashed the shifter into the case.

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X