No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...this is going to be a tough one....(at least for me)
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      Let's do your bike with one or more farm animals this week.
      Ha, that's great.

THIS IS NOT MY SUBMISSION:

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Hey ! This one I can actually play.... { We have weird farm animals in B.C. }

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Well here is mine....173 horses with one horse...

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
            THIS IS NOT MY SUBMISSION:
            Is that not a Pink Plastic Elephant farm.....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Good subject-topic-theme, Roger.

I have several to choose from. (Doesnt everyone recognize the fine photo scene when farm animals are close to the road....?)

I have Some with cows, or horses, even turkeys.
              But I like this pic, even though is only one cow (steer? bull?) in view, and it is not close. (one is behind/above the hand grip, there were others that moved out of the frame).

THis was some narrow road in southern Indiania, with a sharp dropoff shoulder so I parked on edge of pavement. I walked into the corn field, and posed it to minimize the road. Took a few shots.

Walking back to the bike, saw a car approaching, so I walked slowly, waiting for the car to pass before stepping onto the road. But the car was slowing and stopping. I wondered if Farmer Brown was gonna pester me about walking in his corn field. Then I noticed it was a simi-marked cop car, and I thought "oh, man, he is going to harrass me for parking on the pavement". Cop asked me if I was having a trouble. "No, Sir, just stopping to take a picture." The cop looked surprized and puzzled and looked around from side to side and up the hillside. Then he said "watch for traffic, some of these ol' boys out here come thru pretty fast. HAve a good day." And he went on his way.

Anyway, I like the picture because at first it looks like bike parked out in a corn field, and because of the cow/steer on the hillside.
              Last edited by Redman; 07-28-2018, 11:21 PM. Reason: cop story

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound

You can't really tell but there is cattle grazing in those fields.

See the sign "Keep dog on leash"?
                If we "can't really tell", they probably don't exist.

"Dogs" on a sign does not qualify as "farm animals", which is the topic this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Good subject-topic-theme, Roger.
                  I have several to choose from.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....
                  Anyway, I like the picture because at first it looks like bike parked out in a corn field, and because of the cow/steer on the hillside.
                  Thanks for the narrative Dave. There's always a story behind the pics you post. Not just a random stop and shoot kinda pic, but thought out. I'm sure lots of folks are in the same boat, looking for photo opportunities while riding. That's the point of this game actually, to share those pics.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

OK...The well is empty on this one. Thousands of bike and/or rally pictures, but nothing with live stock.

Maybe I can get out in the next day or so. Lots of farms around here.

Comment

Charmayne and I out on a ride for her 17th birthday where she rode with me before she got her endorsement

Charmayne Birthday Ride by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound
                        And yes, there are definitely cattle grazing - but strike this from the competition if it makes you feel better.
                        No need for that. Just a fun little game, with very few rules. Relax....enjoy!

There is no need to "strike" pictures from competition...There is no judge to see if your picture qualifies.
                        Sometimes a player will point something out, that someone may have missed, but your picture, is your picture

The players will vote for the picture they like best. And that includes how well it meets the theme.

BTW....I can't see any cattle either....

Comment

My smallest in my heard made some friends with some farm chickens last night... I actually had to heard them back to the farm next store... Great shot though!

Ahh Vermont...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

No luck...it's been raining for three days, so I didn't get out.

Comment

Not a great pic, but those are cows out there. The black one was quite curious about the goings on....
                              http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It's Friday and so my vote does go for Redman though I like my own
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X