No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parked broadside in the middle of the road Redman style, gotta vote for the curviest road by Burque.
    1979 GS1000
    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Gorgeous Gamma in front of that stunning backdrop.
      Lorenzo is an easy pick for me.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Burque for me as well, looks like a road I’d like to ride.

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Burque for me this week, great entries all around!
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Toss-up between Baatfam's and Trevor's hairpins, but the hump on the exit of Baatfam's would make it interesting under power.
            So, Baatfam, for me.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Burgue73 gets my vote.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Bob, my statement of the theme was a quote
                “I like a curve in the scene.”
                (ah, and being a quote in my post, you probably didn’t see it when you quoted my post doing the summation.)

oh…. Voting…. I enjoyed all the entries, cuz they all had a curve, of some sort, in the scene. Some pics included a curve, and some the picture was definitely about the curve.
                Need to ponder my vote.

And, Welcome to Lorenzo.
                Last edited by Redman; 11-11-2022, 11:57 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I really like marvinscott pic, but wonder why is it vertical when the scene of bikes on road is horizontal. My guess would be Musta been someone with smartphone someone under the age of 35 that never had any other “real” camera. Har har har.

roger burque gets honorable mention for bike pose and view of S curves. I wonder if are any such curves in Albuquerque area, or where that is he went.

the two 180degree turn pics got my interest.

vote for Bob baatfam. The curve fills the entire frame. The curve is the intent of the entire picture.
                  Maybe I like it because I have a similar pic of 180degree turn with elevation change on NC28 (but with bike in foreground, a rental Harley). I did have to look to see if it was the same place. Nope, the place on NC28 has a bridge and has trees in center of curve, otherwise it looks the same.
                  Last edited by Redman; 11-12-2022, 12:09 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I cast my vote for BaatFam
                    GS1000G '81

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Bob, my statement of the theme was a quote
                      Ah...I see that now. You threw me a curve ball...
                      And since quotes within quotes are not quoted, I misquoted your quote.
                      Last edited by Baatfam; 11-12-2022, 07:33 AM.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK, Saturday morning! Let's tally up...Good turnout again. Thanks!

With one vote each, kerrfunk and Lornezo

With three votes each, gustovh and Baatfam

And with four votes, for the win, Burque73!

Nice one Roger, what's next?

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks for the votes. Sure wish I was able to get to that spot for last week's fall color theme. Trees probably already passed their peak color up there though. That pic is in the Sandia Mountains East of town, about 25 miles from home.

I'll have another theme up shortly.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Here's a new theme.....finally.

Photobomb.

My pic of hot air balloons got photobombed by paragliders.

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

IMG_6332 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr I hate it when I photobomb my own shot! LOL
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Bike/beach/sunset pic, photobombed by bunch of seagulls
                                < d e l e t e I think I used that pic before, first or second year of the game, and I think I recall maybe it was a winner then.>
                                Last edited by Redman; 11-16-2022, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X