• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
      This is not a panoramic, correct?

it's just a "normal" picture cropped:
      I suppose we only saw the cropped image we would not be able determine if it was a pano or not, unless we had some prior knowledge of the scene/area you were at.

I gather that you understand, but let me describe it this way if anybody else is pondering the situation:
      I suppose the definition of panographic would be one image that shows what it to the left and what is ahead and what is to the right (and maybe what is behind), all in one image, more than what can be taken in one normal photo.
      As Bob baatfam has mentioned, One way to do this it to take multiple shots looking in different directions, then stitch them together somehow (is software utilitys to do that). Or some cameras (smart phones) have a mode to do that, just hit the button and turn camera from one side to the other(is an aid on the screen to help keep it level).
      Last edited by Redman; 10-27-2018, 08:02 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just a little hint for anyone that doesn't have a capable phone/camera, or the software to stitch together a Panoramic photo.

IrfanView is a free photo editing software that can put together a panorama.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

2013 - Soldiers Grove, WI - A small, damp rally....(I am reserving the right to change this picture if I get out this week)

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            .... ... ....(I am reserving the right to change this picture if I get out this week)
            I would think you have that right without calling for it. Seems that only problem would be if you changed it after someone has voted for it.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A few years ago, when I first got an iPhone 5C, I used pano mode to try to show how the beach-lake went from as far as could see to the left to as far as could see to the right. I was not too happy with the results, so did try another situation. But havent used it much since.

Here is when I tried it again.
              This time I was a bit back from the bike.

The road in this area is actually straight.
              (note: this is early morning of the first day the road was closed for construction but had not started yet.)

THis is about the best I could do to show the vastness of the beach-road with a regular shot.

Just so that you can laugh at me:
              I know the pano is suppose to be made by turning-panning-rotating the camera from one direction to the other direction.
              But I also tried it by holding the camera in same direction and me walking along parrallell to the side of a barn. Worked fairly well, but not when I went past the bike that was closer to me than was the barn.

<< not an entry >>
              Last edited by Redman; 10-30-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                A few years ago, when I first got an iPhone 5C, I used pano mode to try
                I was not too happy with the results, so havent used it much since.
                That's been my experience too - I have tried to use it but it never turns out as a smooth picture so I stopped trying.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

If nothing else, the pano theme forced me to take at least one more chilly ride before I start in on winter projects.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

A fun challenge, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off this week - very busy. During the week my wife will be helping her mother who fell and spent the weekend the hospital.

I was trying out some panoramic shots while walking the dog earlier. I can do it, but the key will be to see if I can find a well lit and appealing, or at least not cluttered and ugly background that's fairly close. I'm certainly going to make an effort to try.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Never had a lot of luck with panoramas, but did a little reading yesterday and gave it a test run in the garage.
                      I used my video head on my tripod, so I could slid the camera back and rotate around the focus point of the lens.
                      Seem to help a lot, only a couple of stitching errors using On1, probably because I didn't overlap enough. (From what I read, 30% is the minimum overlap.)

These are not entries:

Camera on tripod....Need to figure how to strap that to the bike.

And my garage....I can spot at least three stitching errors...

Last edited by Baatfam; 10-29-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman;2508901

Just so that you can laugh at me:
                        I know the pano is suppose to be made by turning-panning-rotating the camera from one direction to the other direction.
                        But I also tried it by holding the camera in same direction and me walking along parrallell to the side of a barn. Worked fairly well, but not when I went past the bike that was closer to me than was the barn.
                        [IMG
                        https://i.imgur.com/jDndwLD.jpg[/IMG]
                        << not an entry >>
                        LMAO I died when I saw this!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

My Panorama... Yeah TUX power!!!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Camera on tripod....
                            Camera vertical....? Because that what do with smart phone for pano....? I would think that not need to apply to using a camera.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            LMAO I died when I saw this!
                            When you saw the resulting image...?
                            Or..... When you saw my description of what I thought to try....?
                            (I was laughing at myself for both.)

Comment

Camera vertical....? Because that what do with smart phone for pano....? I would think that not need to apply to using a camera.
                              Pano's are usually shot with the camera in " Portrait " mode. Otherwise you end up with a long thin strip without details of the upper and lower areas. I've done it both ways but portrait mode adds more detail to the picture.....
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

When you saw the resulting image...?
                                Or..... When you saw my description of what I thought to try....?
                                (I was laughing at myself for both.)
                                The post in itself was hilarious... The picture just was so especially bad I was crying. I think impart was a software issue for look at how uneven the roof is then the Bike was just totally screwed up... Ugh I'm crying.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X