Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyder
    Send me a link to the pic or post the link here, maybe I can grab it and do something with it.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I can't get that far with it. I will see what I can do from home, on one of my computers.
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
        OH, how I loathe PhotoSuckit... I have a couple old pictures for this STUCK in Photobucket. I can see them! When I try to do anything about it (download, save, remove, ANYTHING) POP-UP. If I use my computer here at work, my antivirus flags it as a malicious website. I want my pictures BACK ! ! !
        Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        I'm in the same boat. I can't even see my old PB pics.
        I have a couple I can use, but I have to find the one I'm looking for. Its several years old, and I don't remember what I took the picture with.
        Surely you both have the photos on a hard drive somewhere?

I haven't been back to PB since it imploded...Guess I should go back and close my account.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That's why I distrust the cloud. Never use Twitter, Snap Chat or Instagram. I don't even like to text.

A decade or so ago, I tried Facebook for a few days, using a fake D.O.B. An old friend who I wasn't interested in communicating with wished me a happy fake birthday. Another friend's older sister asked me to work on her virtual farm. Toss in unfavorable articles in Time and The New York Times, and I wanted to wash my hands of it. Only it doesn't work that way...

I'm certain that my name and fake birthday still reside in a server farm deep in the desert.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks for dropping in, Rob. You are certainly welcome to join in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Surely you both have the photos on a hard drive somewhere?

I haven't been back to PB since it imploded...Guess I should go back and close my account.
              I had an A-ha moment yesterday. The pic I was looking for was on an old card from my old point and shoot digital camera. I popped it into my new camera, found it, and sent it to my phone via Wi-Fi, which saved me from looking thru my ancient laptop computer which is in the basement.... somewhere.
              The pic wasn't very good though.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                I had an A-ha moment yesterday. The pic I was looking for was on an old card from my old point and shoot digital camera. I popped it into my new camera, found it, and sent it to my phone via Wi-Fi, which saved me from looking thru my ancient laptop computer which is in the basement.... somewhere.
                The pic wasn't very good though.
                That is why a good DAM is critical if you enjoy photography.
                That, and being aggressive about culling, and key-wording, your work.
                But to be honest, culling/key wording is something I have been historically bad at.

I still use Lightroom 6 as my DAM...
                It is good, and will work for me until I get a newer camera, being an old version.
                Thinking about trying Photo Mechanic, which seems to be highly regarded. But $139?

Since it is winter (sort of), and I am on puppy duty most days, I am working on my photo file mess.
                Culling through all my photos, deleting ones that are bad/duplicates/not needed, and adding missing key words.
                Deleted about 7-800 photos so far, but have thousands to go through yet.
                And I've added key words to several hundred, but....but...Still have about 8,000 without any key words at all....
                Last edited by Baatfam; 12-31-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I don't use Photosuckit anymore. But, when I went to download all of the pics I have there, only half would download. That was over a year ago, and I just haven't had the time, and the thought at the same time to figure out why the rest are being held hostage. I MIGHT have them all on an old laptop, or hard drive somewhere. I'll get them eventually, and finally close my account out...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Okay, I had to stretch for this one. I had nothing on the moon theme and I did not want to miss two weeks straight.

The propeller in this shot is from one of 8 planes, O-1 Bird Dogs, that were satchel charged by the NVA in the opening minutes of the Tet offensive shortly after midnight 01/31/1968. They were on the airstrip in Hue city. Some of the shrapnel marks are visible in the pic. I thought it would be a cool thing to have as a souvenir and somehow jumped through the paperwork hoops to have it shipped back. It now sits in a corner of my living room for no reason.

If I had waited to right about now (4:50 Eastern) I would have had much better lighting, but I am not going to wrestle that damn thing back out the yard again.

Here is the type of plane it was on.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Very cool, Don!

Comment

Happy New Year Gang!!

Two years ago, Roger (Burgue73) brought us this game.
                        It has very fun, and continues to gain participants.

Thank you for that, Roger!

Can't wait to see where 2020 goes.

Two more days to put up an entry for this week.
                        The rules are on page one.
                        The theme this week is "Military Salute"

Comment

And Where O-1 Bird Dogs the planes you flew , Don? (recognonice, right?).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Happy New Year Gang!!

Two years ago, Roger (Burgue73) brought us this game.
                            It has very fun, and continues to gain participants.

Thank you for that, Roger!

Can't wait to see where 2020 goes.

Two more days to put up an entry for this week.
                            The rules are on page one.
                            The theme this week is "Military Salute"
                            You're welcome. I've enjoyed this thing too and look forward to seeing it continue in 2020.

I have wondered what Frank, the administrator, thinks of this thread. Must be a huge amount of data on his server. Hopefully it's not too much of a burden, especially since most of these pics are really just links.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              You're welcome. I've enjoyed this thing too and look forward to seeing it continue in 2020.

I have wondered what Frank, the administrator, thinks of this thread. Must be a huge amount of data on his server. Hopefully it's not too much of a burden, especially since most of these pics are really just links.
                              Yes thank you Roger. And with most of the pictures in this thread just links to somewhere else, he probably doesn't have anymore of a load than the rest of the forum gives him. Those pictures are actually housed on other servers with just a pointer to them. The biggest issue Frank will have is the response and load times for the pages since it was to reach out to them to download the picture every time someone clicks on the thread.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Cannon at Sandy Hook / Fort Hancock. There were a series of these around the NY Harbor to defend the city. I recall chatting with someone here about them. There are also remnants a Nike missle base here as well, some restored for display, some in ruins and fenced off.
                                http://<a href="https://flic.kr/p/2i.../a>, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X