Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ew.. ew... guessing.
    Custom made for the weightlessness training.....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      ew.. ew... guessing.
      Custom made for the weightlessness training.....
      Vomit comet...
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That is the only flying Super Guppy. There were only five ever built. There are two versions of the Super Guppy, the SG and the SGT. The first one built was an SG (Super Guppy) and really was the only one of its kind. After the first one was built, they made lots of changes and built what was called the SGT (Super Guppy Turbine) of which there were four of that type built. Together they are all referred to as Super Guppys.

Of the last four built, the one posing with my bike is number four, the last Super Guppy and the last in the family of Guppy’s ever built.
        The Super Guppy was also kind enough to pose with an MG Midget that I previously owned:

The plane itself is a cargo hauler. As can be seen in the first photo, the whole nose hinges and opens like a giant barn door to the left to allow cargo to be loaded. It’s a sight to see.

There’s a whole bunch of info about it and the whole Guppy family at this website; www.allaboutguppys.com

I've got lots more pictures of it but they’re on my Mac. I have some showing the cargo being loaded too.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

IMG_5028 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Forgot to add, nope, definitely not the Vomit Comet.
            The Vomit Comet was a KC-135A and later a DC-9 was used for that purpose.
            Just a little info to share, again on my Mac I have pictures of the Vomit Comet, even some with my bike. The Vomit Comet that is now a gate guard at Ellington Field is the KC-135 that they used to film all of the weightless scenes for the movie Apollo 13.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Hey Mr Roger Burque
              THere is a F100 on static display kinda near you, at USS Bullhead park.
              https://friendsofthesupersabre.org/f-100a-53-1532/.
              I'll have to go check it out. It's about six miles from my house. I should remember that display since my kids had soccer tournaments at that park. I was a referee and was always very busy, sometimes doing three or four games per day either as a center or assistant ref. All four of our kids played at different times, in different locations every Saturday. Man, I'm glad those days are behind us.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                That is the only flying Super Guppy.

o.
                Thanks

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ha, in conjunction with this week's theme guess what today is in the US.

National Paper Airplane Day!

Yea, it's a thing...
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw that, but I thought this was Friday and summed up this week's entries. My wife just woke up and said you guys do that on Thursday now?Oops �� I quickly deleted the post.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Not sure if anyone saw that, but I thought this was Friday and summed up this week's entries. My wife just woke up and said you guys do that on Thursday now?Oops �� I quickly deleted the post.
                      LOL....Not the first time that has happened...
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Kinda like that song from Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet, It's Friday somewhere.

That's how I feel today. The holiday sure messed with me this week. Not to mention I've been on Covid time for two months where every day's the same.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw that, but I thought this was Friday and summed up this week's entries. My wife just woke up and said you guys do that on Thursday now?Oops 🤭 I quickly deleted the post.
                          I like knowing that mine is not the only GSRspouse involved in this
                          My wife helps me pick what picture to post, and which one of you to vote for.

Here's my not submission: (click picture to view larger)

and, without moving the bike, we go back almost seventy years for my actual aviation submission:

This information I stole from somebody else's website:
                          Originally posted by Duncan's Sabre Website
                          This jet, 51-6078, an F-86D-30 was delivered to the USAF on September 17, 1953 and was assigned to 83rd FIS at Paine AFB in Washington. On August 11, 1954 it was sent to McClellan AFB and converted to an F-86D-31. Its next assignment was to the 31st FIS at Larson AFB in Washington on November 28, 1954. Then reassigned again to the 322nd FIS on August 18, 1955. On September 6, 1955 the jet was again returned to McClellan AFB and converted into an F-86L. On August 7, 1957 the aircraft was assigned to 3550th Combat Crew Training Wing at Moody AFB in Georgia. When retired it flew to Wright Patterson AFB on November 1, 1960 and was donated to the town of Milton, West Virginia on December 28, 1960 for display at a roadside memorial park.
                          This roadside memorial park is half a mile from my new townhouse.
                          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

. . . . . . . . . . . . . but I thought this was Friday . . . . . . .
                            I thought it was retired guys that have difficulty keeping track of what day it is.

Hey, Rog, thanks for being willing to do the summary for us all.

I have shown wife the summary of pictures before, thinking she might be interested, or at least share some involvement. She said "any pictures other than motorcycles?"

Comment

And Friday morning it is....voting day.
                              First the theme by trevor:
                              Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              This week's theme is "Aviation"...
                              Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                              Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                              Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                              Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                              Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              OK...That should be it. 10 entries, so all in one post.
                              As always, if anything is missing or incorrect, please let us know.

Don't forget to vote!
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

voting for Roger Burque73, 'cause that goofy hot air balloon makes me smile every time I scroll past it.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X