Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    The train was a nicely timed surprise. ..

This is what caught my eye when Googling the area around the Susquehanna State Park. A dam that has a road over it.

Rt 95 bridge over the Susquehanna. .....
    Nice train engine shot, in profile. Good idea at night with light beam shining into the dark.

Hum.... google search an area. Ha! I didnt think of that for when I was just in a new area for 4 days.
    I am wondering what you saw on google search, and how that compairs the the shot you did take (the view of the power station with illumated sign).

Hey, another of your great shots of bridge over water and citylights at night.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
      Glen, this is just some random website I found on panning but it speaks to what I was getting at. Shutter priority mode is what I was trying to remember. I don't know what that equates to on a mirrorless camera but maybe it's something worth looking into.
      Thanks for the article. Yes, our mirrorless cameras have the typical shutter and aperture priorities.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks for the article. Yes, our mirrorless cameras have the typical shutter and aperture priorities.
        It was actually a pretty good simple article. A thing to add is if hand holding the camera, hold it with both hands and pivot your upper body rather than just your head and neck and the farther you are from your subject the easier it is to pan. I used to always use manual focus and prefocus but it's been years since I've dome any panning and I'm sure modern focus tracking would be ideal. An old buddy from what seems like a past lifetime.

Phil@Westwood by soates50, on Flickr
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
          It was actually a pretty good simple article. A thing to add is if hand holding the camera, hold it with both hands and pivot your upper body rather than just your head and neck and the farther you are from your subject the easier it is to pan. I used to always use manual focus and prefocus but it's been years since I've dome any panning and I'm sure modern focus tracking would be ideal. An old buddy from what seems like a past lifetime.

Phil@Westwood by soates50, on Flickr
          Great advice. That pic is a beaute Sandy. Thanks for sharing.
          Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
          1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Not an artsy pic but pretty random. I saw this while on my way to work yesterday. A bit scary as I have quite a few trees really close to my house.

It's in a town nearby. I don't know anything about it except that it looks like the house may have been uninhabited. I hope.
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              Not an artsy pic but pretty random. I saw this while on my way to work yesterday. A bit scary as I have quite a few trees really close to my house.

It's in a town nearby. I don't know anything about it except that it looks like the house may have been uninhabited. I hope.
              Holy moly
              We have lots of trees near are house as well. When the wind comes a howlin there's always that voice in the back of my head saying "today could be the day".
              Ryan

Comment

Yikes. Thats some heavy damage. According to our then neighbors a large Oak fell on the roof of our hose a few years before we bought it so we have a relatively new roof. During Hurricane Sandy we had a large Scottish Maple split at a crotch in the tree and half of it came down on our shed and part of the soffits on the house. If I hadn't moved the car that afternoon, that would have like been a total loss as well.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

The sun finally came out after a week or so of cloud and rain. Thankfully we were very lucky to have missed all the chaos and flooding to the west of us. Still very unseasonally warm here though, the foreground area should be covered in snow by now and the rivers edge iced over.

Rocky Mountains - Steeples Range by soates50, on Flickr
                  Last edited by Sandy; 12-03-2021, 03:28 PM.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Beautiful country and a great image Sandy.
                    1979 GS1000
                    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

My jaw just dropped. Hell of a photo Sandy. Well done and thanks for sharing.
                      Ryan

Comment

Beautiful.. .
                        sigpic

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Sandy! Yet again!

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                            Beautiful country and a great image Sandy.
                            Originally posted by RustyTank View Post
                            My jaw just dropped. Hell of a photo Sandy. Well done and thanks for sharing.
                            Beautiful.. .
                            Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Sandy! Yet again!
                            Did anyone mention that is one cool photo?

I see you shot that with the little 12-32....love that lens....
                            Last edited by Baatfam; 12-03-2021, 08:32 PM.
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hard to compete with the Canadian Rockies but here is our healthy, happy, Thanksgiiving Cactus in full bloom.

IMG_6123 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                                . . . . . Thanksgiiving Cactus in full bloom.

. IMG_6123 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                                Nice blooms.
                                Somebody at your house must know how to care for such a plant (nobody at my house does).

Comment

Working...
                                X