No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I felt better after taking these. I went out yesterday (Sunday) morning in a completely idyllic winter scene- light snow gently falling in wind free conditions, snow sticking to the trees and ground, and a generally serene vibe.
    I thought I left with photography goodness, but would find out latest that I certainly did not.

The weather went from around 60° on Saturday to snow Sunday then cold and windy today. I figured maybe I’d check the other side of the reservoir. It’s supposed to be cold again tonight then begin to warm up a bit. I may try again tomorrow depending on where my day ends.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      After work today.

.http://Mnasquan Reservoir by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
      Have come back a few times to look more.
      THe fast shutter speed really captured something to look at. Not really sure if some of that is ice formation or a splash.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Did check to see if has been two weeks, and has been a month since I posted a beach-pier photo.

So.....

P1250517 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

And later that same evening
        P1250637 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

And, then later yet that evening, twilight, after the pier catwalk lights and beacon lights came on, it looked quite different again.
        But you have seen enough of those.

>>Later note: Yes, it has occured to me that I am capturing images of an interesting grand scene, and doesnt take much compositional nor photographic skills to get an interesting image. Biggest challange is just to be there on a good evening.
        And Glen and others here are finding obscure settings in difficult circumstance to get a good image and yet produce remarkable great photos. Or notice notice something in an ordinary scene, and make an interesting photo with it.

Last edited by Redman; 02-15-2022, 05:49 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I see you folks are still progressing along with some great photos as usual. Winter here started out great but the weather kind of sucks for taking photos. It warmed up, no new show, everything seems to look crappy and not much enthusiasm to get out and shoot. Having a blast going through years of old photos and slides though. Here's one I did back 1991 of a local band.

Year1991 Wham Go The Ducks by soates50, on Flickr
          Last edited by Sandy; 02-18-2022, 05:33 PM.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Well worth the wait..............great pic

82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
            Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
            Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
            Albums

Comment

IMG_6207 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Greetings from West Kentucky........
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

It's been awhile

Hayden Run Falls, Dublin OH (part of the Columbus metro)

Hayden Run Falls from top 21Feb2022 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got bored so I did some playing with Photoshop .....waiting for spring.

Waiting for Spring by soates50, on Flickr
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

First Blooms of the year on 2/2/2022

IMG_6215 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_6214 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      First Blooms of the year on 2/2/2022
                      IMG_6215 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                      IMG_6214 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                      Huh ? ! ?

Is S.W. Kentucky on a different continent than is Michigan.......?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                        ....... Here's one I did back 1991 of a local band.
                        Year1991 Wham Go The Ducks by soates50, on Flickr
                        Intersting group shot, with the car and all.
                        I wonder if you recall if you directed them all to look over there, and some looked the other way, or what.

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                        Got bored so I did some playing with Photoshop .....waiting for spring.
                        Waiting for Spring by soates50, on Flickr
                        Hey, there is a lilley.... of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Intersting group shot, with the car and all.
                          I wonder if you recall if you directed them all to look over there, and some looked the other way, or what.

Hey, there is a lilley.... of some sort.
                          I took quite a few shots with different poses. Ones with everyone out of the car and ones with everyone sort looking in the direction of the camera and ones with them playing instruments. This seemed to be the favourite. They had most of the input as they were the artsy fartsy type.

Comment

I was able to take the Kawasaki out for it's first ride last Monday. The main road were mostly dry, but a lot of gravel to watch out for. Reving out 1st 2ed and 3rd gear sounds awesome! With its lower seat and light weight, it fits me perfectly!
                            Attached Files
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Huh ? ! ?

Is S.W. Kentucky on a different continent than is Michigan.......?

No, we just have Bipolar weather here in the early Spring. It was mid 60's yesterday, Sleeting and 28 this evening...........

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                I was able to take the Kawasaki out for it's first ride last Monday. The main road were mostly dry, but a lot of gravel to watch out for. Reving out 1st 2ed and 3rd gear sounds awesome! With its lower seat and light weight, it fits me perfectly!
                                Gorgeous bike, Norm.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X