No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been going to where can spot eagles going to nest last few days. (maybe have pics of nest activity later).
    This place is near river in one direction and a bayou in other direction.

Also found a spot where one perches regularly.
    ANd I walked over there and looked around underneath.
    Misc fish heads, bones, bird tail section and other unidentifiable chucks of who know what.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Been going to where can spot eagles going to nest last few days. (maybe have pics of nest activity later).
      This place is near river in one direction and a bayou in other direction.

Also found a spot where one perches regularly.
      ANd I walked over there and looked around underneath.
      Misc fish heads, bones, bird tail section and other unidentifiable chucks
      I watched "D.C.eagle" live cam for years

Pics
      Reminds me,
      about four years ago I was working on a barn about ten miles south Waverly missouri which is right on the missouri River.

Around lunch time one day the guy that owned the barn we were working on ask coworkers and my self to lunch, after lunch he drove us through a conservation place set up for ducks and geese, it was a big place about a twelve miles loop through the place.

I have never seen so many eagles, even the locals said they'd never seen but maybe six or seven in that place at any one time.

I think there were thousand eagle in that place, I'd see trees full of them 30 in any single tree.
      I guess they were there because of all the prey that was there. If a duck or something was having some kind of injury the eagle would get them, but i only seen a few remains like that.
      funny thing is some of the locals didn't have good opinions of the eagle, they'd say stuff like ...eagle is just glorified buzzard

But Around there they don't like hawks either, only ducks ,geese and turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
        No need to rush back here Sandy. Enjoy the golden years with the good wife and the new trailer.
        Thanks Dave. We are enjoying ourselves. Managed to find some wifi and somehow managed to get bbcode from Flickr on my tablet so while we're on the subject of eagles.....lol

2023-06-06_09-35-57 by soates50, on Flickr
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Few years back driving down a old two lane highway with my boss we suddenly notice a big eagle ten foot off the road right by some debris,

we noticed him just as we were passing, noticed it was a little bigger than any eagle I'd seen. And it wasn't a bald eagle with white head

Looked it up and only thing I can come up with is it was a golden eagle, thing was massive.

Comment

Trent- my bird book shows bald and golden eagles to be the same size. Bald eagles moult into the solid white head and tail at seven years of age. Maybe the eagle you saw was an immature bald, like the flying bird in Sandy’s pic?

The fish head with the rows of nasty teeth in Redmans pic is unlike any fish I’ve seen. What is it?
            1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Trent- my bird book shows bald and golden eagles to be the same size. Bald eagles moult into the solid white head and tail at seven years of age. Maybe the eagle you saw was an immature bald, like the flying bird in Sandy’s pic?

The fish head with the rows of nasty teeth in Redmans pic is unlike any fish I’ve seen. What is it?

I've seen a lot of eagles, all bald eagles and several times with young eagle who doesn't have white head yet.
              in the winter time I see them everyday.

Few winters back , on other side of gravel road Thirty feet off the road and for three days..four eagle stayed by a dead deer, I'd see them there first thing in the morning and they were still there when I left.
              guess they were done after that, they were gone

Maybe the bird just looked big? But I got a good look at it and got on my phone right away to try to compare the bird. I seen wasn't the same color as a youth bald eagle , it was large and had golden brownish color...but who knows, what I believe !it was! My boss even commented about the bird,?

It was a magnificent powerful looking bird , standing straight and still.

I will say all the eagles I've seen around here are bald eagle

Comment

I thought musky or walleye, but I looked them up and didnt seem to be either, so I dont know.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks Dave. Maybe an invasive species.
                  1979 GS1000
                  1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Nice photo Trev.
                      Tell me more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        I'm camping with Eli69 and Rich. . . . . . . .
                        . . ..
                        THat needs to have a picture posted - somewhere.

Here are Scott CowboyUp and I at Brown County rally last weekend.

we were both wandering around looking for good view of row of bikes

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Nice photo Trev.
                          Tell me more.
                          Random photo is saw somewhere and I really like it.
                          I had an RM400 just like it when I was 16. I weighed 130 soaking wet. Can’t believe I didn’t kill my self…it was a beast!
                          No signature

Comment

IMG_6670 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_6664 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

We have twin Trash Bandits now.
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Here's a few more from our recent trip. Saw lots of eagles but not much else unfortunately. Even did a 3 hour kayak trip and didn't see any whales, orcas or even dolphins. Others did, just not me. First an American Bush Tit. Boring little bird with a funny name but one of the few in North American that build a hanging nest. Then another Bald Eagle shot and a long exposure seascape.P1050342 by soates50, on Flickr P1050456-Edit by soates50, on FlickrP1050403 by soates50, on Flickr

Last edited by Sandy; 06-19-2023, 11:38 AM.
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Love the seascape, Sandy. Is that mist or a long exposure?
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X