Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Love the seascape, Sandy. Is that mist or a long exposure?
    Thanks Bob. Just started playing with my ND filters and it was a 50 sec. exposure. Probably only needed 20 sec. or so for the same effect. I like the results as well. More experimenting to do.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

IMG_6676 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr One of my Tiger Lilies after a much needed rain.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

The raindrops make the image pop Scott. Nice.

Our licence plates state 'Land of Living Skies'.
        The Frenchman River Valley in south-western Saskatchewan.

​​​​​​
        1979 GS1000
        1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Been a while, back to the top with this post. Not the bet focus camera is on sport mode, it looses a few pixels but movement is stopped. Did a whole sequence of the bird diving in and out and shaking off the water. Amazing the control of their feathers birds have that is never seen. I will post some more when i edit them. Well more copyright and crop and maybe sharpen a little. That i all i have done here. This is probably the mot striking of them all.

IMG_2166 crop 2 copyright hpn.jpg
          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
          Albums

Comment

The Canadian wildfire smoke is still present in the air and the time of day I was there (430ish) wasn't much of a help but I spent some free time at the viewing area before picking up my sister-in-law from the Cincinnati airport

What I believe is a Boeing 737-900ER though I should have looked at the flight tracker a little harder while I was there to be sure

Delta 737-900ER Inbound by Scott Baker, on Flickr
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

After doing the marble pic I posted a while back, my mind was filled with ideas on variations on the theme. It mostly just ended up as a frustrating chasing of marbles around the bench in the garage. This is probably the last one I'll do for a while.

2023-07-02_09-19-56 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
              Last edited by dorkburger; 07-02-2023, 03:46 PM.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I now live in Ripley, WV, home of the "Biggest Small Town Fourth of July Celebration" in the US.
                They do the Fourth.

Uncle Sam is 6'5", and that's without the roller skates!

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

An old barn complete with "Watch Vultures"IMG_6684 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

20230714_152126~2.jpg I went for a flight in the "Tin Goose" today!
                    It was just a 20 minute flight. It was loud.
                    I couldn't imagine flying cross country in one...
                    Well, I guess it would beat riding a horse!
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      20230714_152126~2.jpg I went for a flight in the "Tin Goose" today!
                      It was just a 20 minute flight. It was loud.
                      I couldn't imagine flying cross country in one...
                      Well, I guess it would beat riding a horse!
                      Seriously lucky your are, Norm!
                      I missed a chance to ride in a tri-motor many years ago, and still regret it.
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I go down this old hwy when I have to travel northeast Missouri for work, which is a lot lately.
                        I take different route just for change of scenery, but the quickest most sensible route takes me by this big house thats been for sale for seven -eight months?

About a month ago looks like somebody moved in, the 5th of july noticed some new lawn art...LOL

Or one of the fireworks didn't go off?

20230707_062734.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          After doing the marble pic I posted a while back, my mind was filled with ideas on variations on the theme. It mostly just ended up as a frustrating chasing of marbles around the bench in the garage. This is probably the last one I'll do for a while.

2023-07-02_09-19-56 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          interesting image. A lot to look at for being a few marbles. After enjoying it for a while and then trying to figure out what/how, about all I conclude is something (bubble wrap maybe) making a pattern in the light… then go back to just enjoying the image and being amused at your imagination and inventiveness, and chuckle thinking of the marbles rolling away.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Thanks Dave. It’s not bubble wrap. Many moons ago I found and old forgotten theater spotlight lens in the attic of an old school I was working in. It has “Frensenlite” cast into the glass. I’m assuming the name is is a nod to the old Frensel lens design. It’s such an interesting piece of glass. In this pic I placed a piece of white sketch pad paper on the glass to reduce and diffuse the light. The bubble wrap looking effect is from dimples on the surface of the glass. I like how the grayscale and shapes of the bottom transition into the marbles.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

IMG_6700 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Several years ago a pair of rare and protected Ospreys built a nest on top of a power transmission pole. TVA put up a new pole and let them have this one. They have been returning and raising chicks there for years now.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Interesting pic Mr Marvin. A couple of weeks ago we watched an osprey dive from 75’ or so, hit the water feet first, momentarily submerge completely and then flap laboriously to a nearby poplar tree with an 16” fish. Impressive birds.

The squawking crow on the wire is a bonus.
                                1979 GS1000
                                1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Working...
                                X