No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 years ago, today, 1994, in this small town here (population 10thou).....

speeding car, lights off, driving reckless on boulevard heading out of town.
    One police car blocks it and forces it to stop.
    Another police car blocks it from behind, and that policeman approaches the car, stops by the rear door (presumably to address the driver).
    Jail escapee laying in back seat blast him with a shotgun.
    He dies within minutes.

That policeman is from a well known family in town. We knew of them.

Has been a memorial statue and sign in the medium dividing the boulevard.
    Today being the 25th anniversary there has been a police car there in the medium with flashing lights.

I went there this evening to visit, pay some respect and take some pictures.

After taking some pictures, I stood back just to observe and ponder some more. I remember that night and the day of the funeral, and seeing family members in town from time to time.
    Other thing to ponder for me is that the jail-escapee-shooter was from the poverty stricken slum town about 60 miles away that I used to live in.

So, I stood there for a while, THen a guy in some uniform walked up from behind me.... I thought he was gonna chase me away from standing in highway medium, or maybe they got a call about some dummy stepping into traffic lanes to take pictures. But it was an ambulance crew guy, the ambulance parked on side of road. The guy just nodded at me and walked past, and went and stood close to the memorial. Thought I would let him have his time, so I left.
    Last edited by Redman; 12-13-2019, 11:19 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Experimenting with long exposure shots to blur the clouds.
      http://Clouds by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

And a quicker exposure.
      http://Clouds by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Experimenting with long exposure shots to blur the clouds.
        I was wondering "how long" to get that much cloud movement to produce that effect (compared to other shot)

Panasonic DMC-GX85
        LUMIX G 14/F2.5

ƒ/22.0
        14.0 mm

Hummmm 40 seconds, even at 6400 ISO. Must have been fairly dark out.
        (other shot is 1/4th second)

I have been surprised with these digital cameras these days; a little while after sunset, seems dark out, but using ISO1600 or 3200, not only is the lit structure exposed well enough, but see some color in the sky.
        (and my camera is a year 2011 model).
        Last edited by Redman; 12-15-2019, 03:55 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Photo I was considering for the POW "Tanks". But decided against, since is more "engines", which was the idea I had when took the shot.

Actually, I got the bikes out, and lined them up with this idea in mind

GK in the front, more prominent position, on purpose !

These pics are from this June, shortly after the Ride-RT-Home-From-SanDiego adventure (so when the RT was still broke, slobbering gear oil) and just before the BrownCounty rally (so before I was broke).
          Last edited by Redman; 12-15-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

My homage to the Charley Brown Christmas tree. This is the sum of my outside decoration this year.

IMG_4606 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
              ... ... ... .... .... . This is the sum of my outside decoration this year.
              THose lights fall off the eve? and happen to get caught there?? ha ha

Comment

A week ago....
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Santa wasn't feeling too good today

IMG_5086 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    A week ago....
                    Same day as night glow picture before sunrize? Just guessing since not have that much (a-hem) snow on too many occasion there.

Comment

I threw some lights around too.
                      THis time on this bike.

Have done similar before on the GK.
                      THis time I used a set of lights that is about twice as long, to get better illumination than before.

Got the lights in place. Was fairly happy with it.
                      Stepped back into house to get camera, and came back out and half the light string was out.
                      Fiddled around a little bit, but was dark, and 10 DegF .... so took pics as was.

>>Another shot. THis one on FLicker if you wanna see data.
                      P1060131 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

I think I am starting to think if I were to used tripod, then can use lower ISO (requiring longer shutter) and then get better resolution.
                      Last edited by Redman; 12-19-2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

That looks like the best use of that overpriced euro trash item Dave. Guess you haven't push it off a cliff yet huh?

P.S. Merry Christmas to you and your family. See you in Bedford in June.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

After watching another exposure explained video and picking up my 18-year old from work I stopped off to get some practice in. I need to get a tripod if I'm going to keep doing these types of shots but they are somewhat better than they used to be. And I think 15 degree weather is as low as I'm going just to get pictures

Austin Landing Entrance by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I cropped this one alot to get rid of some smaller lamp posts in the way.

Austin Landing Tree and Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                          Last edited by cowboyup3371; 12-19-2019, 12:47 AM.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            ............. I need to get a tripod if I'm going to keep doing these types of shots....
                            .... Austin Landing Tree and Bridge by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Tripod would be best for such situations. Can see some camera shake in the Tree and Bridge shot (at 0.8 seconds).

Snooping into your data:
                            ƒ/4.0
                            24.0 mm

Although could also try a faster ISO for such low light situations.
                            At 200ISO that would be 0.4seconds, at 400 would be 0.2, at 800 would be 0.1 seconds.
                            Last edited by Redman; 12-19-2019, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Same day as night glow picture before sunrize? Just guessing since not have that much (a-hem) snow on too many occasion there.
                              Pretty sure it was, Dave. Maybe half hour/hour later, when the sun was over the mountains. Took that from our front window.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Tripod would be best for such situations. Can see some camera shake in the Tree and Bridge shot (at 0.8 seconds).

Snooping into your data:
                                ƒ/4.0
                                24.0 mm

Although could also try a faster ISO for such low light situations.
                                At 200ISO that would be 0.4seconds, at 400 would be 0.2, at 800 would be 0.1 seconds.
                                Tripod is very handy...
                                Took this yesterday morning, before sunrise, with only the lights on the tree and window.
                                Similar specs to Cowboy's...tripod made the difference.
                                25mm(50mm ff eq), ISO 200, f/4.5, 1.6 Sec, +.3 exp comp

Comment

Working...
                                X