• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This feels random...

Rock Garden by Beau by R John Thieda, on Flickr
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Is the rock garden suppose to help you unlock the secrets of the universe and spring you to a higher level of understanding ? ?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Is the rock garden suppose to help you unlock the secrets of the universe and spring you to a higher level of understanding ? ?
        LOL...
        Even though we always stop and search new puppy Beau at the door, he still manages to smuggle small stuff in into the house.
        We started throwing the items he smuggled in the house, into an old vase.
        Three months later, here we are.
        Last edited by Baatfam; 02-01-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          LOL...
          Even though we always stop and search new puppy Beau at the door, he still manages to smuggle small stuff in into the house.
          We started throwing the items he smuggled in the house, into an old vase.
          Three months later, here we are.
          He hasn't tried to bring in any other "visitors" of the previously living kind has he?
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

All this talk about the Kansas City Chefs, got me thinking about Kansas City BBQ.
            (THats why they are called the Chefs, right?)

SO got a couple slabs of pork ribs.

Presently wrapped in foil with just a bit of bbq sause, in oven for couple hours.
            THen unwrap for baking another 20 minutes.
            Will report later.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Damn that looks good. Passed up the baby backs for a couple NY Strips. Im pretty well stuck on sweet baby rays original sauce and I broil them for the last 20 mins to caramelize it.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Didnt get a pic before they were served.
                Just got pic of a couple leftover pieces.

I searched for a sauce that didnt have highfructose corn syrup nor corn syrup as the first ingreadient listed and didnt have vinegar listed too high in the list.
                FOund "Rib Rack". THe ingredient list reads; Water, brown sugar, molasses, tomato paste. Lists all that before gets to vinegar, and doesnt list high fructose corn syrup at all, so gave it a try.... and have stayed with it for couple years now.

Had my brother over (diabetic) so I was lite with the sauce.

I mentioned about the Kansas City Chefs, so my brother (being a jokester also) said he was rooting for the TwentyNiners.
                Last edited by Redman; 02-02-2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

IMG_4690 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

The beginning of a very nice Dual Sport ride this afternoon.......
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Some folks ask me why I like to get up before dawn.

This is why.

The view from my living room at 7:22 this morning.

February Sunrise by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Gorgeous sunrise, Bob.

We have a 5,000 foot tall mountain in the way of the sunrise, but sunsets are pretty darn cool.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Lovely. And a plus is sunrise is later in the winter.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Did a quick stop at a spot my son and me stumbled across last spring. I was looking for an easier / shorter way to get there other then a 6 mile each way bicycle ride.

Didn't have much time to explore, but this old valvetrain detail caught my eye. After I got home and was reviewing the pics, I noticed the two end pushrods were bent (out of focus in this particular image). Perhaps the reason the old truck was parked decades ago.

http://Valvetrain by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            Some folks ask me why I like to get up before dawn.

This is why.

The view from my living room at 7:22 this morning.

February Sunrise by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                            Even the air is fresher early mornings.
                            There is nothing more dangerous than governing in the name of a theory.---Edmund Burke

Comment

The view from my kitchen window a few minutes ago.

There is literally blue sky out the front window.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                .............. but this old valvetrain detail caught my eye. .................
                                Nice.
                                Great subject for pics from many different perspectives.
                                Have seen the trucks before, I think, and I suspect you will be back.

Good example of overcast being good for pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X