No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have been there before, but still want to go back when I have a couple of hours.
    It was around sunset when I was there and the trees muted the light even more. It was nice to not have to worry about camera shake for a change.

It's a interesting pic to me in that it looks so much better and detailed on a larger screen.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      My almost 15 year old step-son Paul has Spina Bifida which means he's paralyzed from the waist down and obviously unable to participate in many sports. However, he begged to be the manager of his 8th grade football team this year and has made every practice and game. As typical for this time of year, the coaches scheduled tonight's game to be at the high school field. Additionally, in a special thank you for his assistance, the coaches designed a play that would allow him to actually be on the field. Of course, the visiting team helped out and a local news station was onsite to videotape the game. In fact, Paul and mom get to be on that station's morning show tomorrow.

Are you ready for some football? (7th grade was on the field)

Middle School Football Evening by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Set

Paul lined up in back field by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Breaking tackles

6 yards to go by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Touchdown and spiking the ball

Touchdown and spike the ball by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Very awesome.
      Here is the news report: https://dayton247now.com/news/local/...cial-touchdown
      Some of you might remember this post from back in October but what many don't know is that my step-son Paul received the game ball afterwards signed by all of his team members. I attempted to make a display case for it before his birthday but messed up on my measurements. I finally remade and presented it to him today. The main case is made from red oak while the football and plaque stands are made from walnut and a mirror is on the back wall so he can see all of the writing.

Paul Football Display Case by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Paul Football Display Case Side by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Paul Nameplate by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice tribute from the team and nice gift from you to Paul.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

IMG_4717 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Got out on the bike for a bit today, a little windy but 62 degrees. This is in a Wildlife Refuge a few miles Southwest of the house. The signature pic is same location, different season and my other bike.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Weather's not playing nice to allow for any riding but was out in the pickup tonight (2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty Diesel) when I managed to get this shot:

IMG_5136 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I bought the truck in 2006 with about 35,000 miles or so

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

In keeping with the wildlife theme these are from a series of shots I took at a Bison roadblock while riding my 1100E through Yellowstone back in 2012.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

According to the guy fishing from the footbridge, this guy hangs out and will eat fish the fisherman offer him...

http://Eagle @ Princeton by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

And another from the same area.
                Last edited by dorkburger; 02-11-2020, 10:12 PM.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

[
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Amazing!!! As much as I bitch I can't ride I really have learned to love the snow. Gorgeous shot!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Amazing!!! As much as I bitch I can't ride I really have learned to love the snow. Gorgeous shot!
                      yeah, this has been a no bike winter so far. i gotta hurry up and borrow my dad's sled before the snow is gone. the citiots are enjoying the trails and all i've got is a snowblower. sad face emoji...
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Christmas Eve 1966 - Unwrapping my first camera at 10 years old.
                        Kodak Instamatic 104 - 126 film, and flashcubes.

Last edited by Baatfam; 02-13-2020, 03:05 PM.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

.....and so it began.
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Will it please warm up yet? I need to work on the bikes

IMG_5141 by Scott Baker, on Flickr

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Happy Valentines Day from the nutbar groomers at our local ski hill.

20200213_183302 by soates50, on Flickr
                              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

My Valentine's Day gifts to the wife (horse), Charmayne (Tray), and Cheyenne (Tiger)

Valentines Day Scroll Work Gifts by Scott Baker, on Flickr

I really wish though it would warm up more so I can get some bike maintenance done
                                Last edited by cowboyup3371; 02-15-2020, 10:56 AM.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X