Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    Great times Bob; Did you get the wind down there too?

Went to Ludlow Falls today and although there was a lot of mud in the river,

Ludlow Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Lot less water today and definitely much clearer

Ludlow Falls Side Low Water by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Great shots Scott. Water so much better when it's clean.
      Went to pickup my taxes today got bored and took a longer way home pass an area frequented by migrating birds. Found these guys, Sandhill Cranes. I knew they come through this way on occasion but have never actually seen them until today. Yay!

P1000030 by soates50, on Flickr
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
        Sandhill Cranes. ....
        mm

Wow, even with the zoom at full 300mm, you must have been quite close !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a local walk, took camera along.
          Saw this in first step off front porch.

Was using an old lens, back from the last century, 1980s actually. (adapted to fit more modern digital camera)
          Presents the annoying situation of having to actually focus myself (not so well this time).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

ANd, a ways down the bike path, magnolia tree close to blooming.

P1060886 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Comment

I got tired of how my laptop would drag when I tried to edit any photos so I built a new desktop computer this past weekend. Since my desk real estate is extremely limited with my work laptop, docking station, and dual monitors, I also bought a Keyboard, Video, and Mouse (KVM) switch box. However, I also don't that just sitting on the floor so I made this mount for it tonight and tested the fit. It's drying right now so I can't mount it to the wall until tomorrow though.

KVM Bracket front by Scott Baker, on Flickr

KVM Bracket Rear by Scott Baker, on Flickr
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                mm

Wow, even with the zoom at full 300mm, you must have been quite close !
                Actually they were probably about 60 - 70 feet away and shooting 300mm on the m4/3 is actually 600mm. Photo was cropped in height about 25% and square to get rid of a bunch of negative space and then added a few minor tweaks in LR.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Shot yesterday with an old, manual Canon 50mm f/3.5 Macro lens...
                    The first two are between 15-25mm in diameter...

A "stay at home" project...LOL...

Spring Flowers by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Great shots Bob. I've got and couple of old prime Nikon G lenses hanging around. Guess I'll have to get myself one of those adaptors

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                        Great shots Bob. I've got and couple of old prime Nikon G lenses hanging around. Guess I'll have to get myself one of those adaptors
                        Thanks.
                        It really is fun, at least I think so.
                        When I got my first mu4/3 camera, the GH2, I just bought the body, and picked up a couple old Canon legacy lenses off eBay.
                        Didn't get a real mu4/3 lens for a couple months. 20mm, I think it was.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Beautiful shots Bob. In particular, I love the red flower with the green fuzzy things just below.

My fork entry on the photo forum.
                          http://Scooter by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Another sunny clear sky day in the neighbourhood.

Clear Skies by soates50, on Flickr

Comment

IMG_4853 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Practicing some social distancing near Lake Barkley this weekend.
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Bob baatfam,
                                You got me thinking about needing more macro lens capability.
                                Great detail on small flower (what I was going for, but cant focus close enough)

Glen dorkburger,
                                A fork n new tire picture.
                                Made a nicely light scene, and Captured it well.

Sandy,
                                ANother of your great scenery scenes.

Scott Marvinsc,
                                You got the KLR (right?) and have some riding buddys, and good place to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X