No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that Scott....Wish you had the perspective, (looking up), of the first, with the full statue in the second....

Something for a photo challenge on a different forum...

Glassware by R John Thieda, on Flickr
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Some pretty significant health issues have kept Charmayne and I from being able to do anything together in over two years. But today we were finally able to go out to Ludlow Falls together to show her the place; I was happy

Scott and Charmayne Ludlow Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Char Bottom of Ludlow Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Looks like a nice day....

Comment

Just something next to our garage. Some sort of succulent, I believe...
          Experimenting with focus bracketing...

Early Morning by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Had to get low....

Comment

The grandson has been helping out with the firewood.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Different take on a familiar theme.....http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                Some pretty significant health issues have kept Charmayne and I from being able to do anything together in over two years. But today we were finally able to go out to Ludlow Falls together to show her the place; I was happy
                Lot of significance to your last statement.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

P1070505 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1070427c by Dave Redman, on Flickr

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Different take on a familiar theme...... . .. . .
                    Instrument faceplate ?

What does this indicate ?

Presenting your bezel face ?

You get cluster-phobic in there ?

Last edited by Redman; 04-26-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

20mm extension on my original 1977 50mm Minolta lens, and then adapted for the Panasonic GX1 (circa 2011).

Little stuff All on one little stump

P1070450 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1070453 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Just something next to our garage. Some sort of succulent, I believe...
                        Experimenting with focus bracketing...

Well that worked out great. What are you using to process your stack? I played with it bit a while ago and sure like the flexibility and results of what can be done with it. Have to make a point of using it more. I've tried the post focus feature on the Panny and found it really odd with marginal results and with reduced size only in JPG it's sort of quirky and useless for decent photographic output.
                        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Comment

Hey BCGS, your link requires a login to see it
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                              Well that worked out great. What are you using to process your stack? I played with it bit a while ago and sure like the flexibility and results of what can be done with it. Have to make a point of using it more. I've tried the post focus feature on the Panny and found it really odd with marginal results and with reduced size only in JPG it's sort of quirky and useless for decent photographic output.
                              Took a couple goes, but finally got a few good ones. You will find the menu options for focus stacking in the GX85 a little vague. You set the step amount, (1-10), and the number of steps (1-999), and the order they are taken, 0/+ (front to back) and 0/+/- (center to front/back alternating). They don't tell how far the step amount is, and it varies by lens and aperture. Lots of experimenting. That one was about 50 photos, at a step amount of "3" with a 60mm 2.8 Olympus Macro at f/4.5.

I have two or three programs that can do a focus merge, but I have found Affinity Photo does an excellent job. If you don't know, Affinity is a low cost Photoshop...Also a RAW editor. https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tut...ideo/295557891

More info here...Free trial, and also on a 50% off sale right now, so $25 USD.

Comment

A funny thing happened to me today. I got a private message from Cowboy this morning. He was asking me about the waterfalls in the northeast Ohio area and if I had any recommendations... I told him "we don't have many waterfalls around here" being kind of puzzled? So, I thought I'd do a little research (Googling). It turns out that there are a bunch of them in the area! Heck there is one about a mile away from my home, I drive by it five times a week! Scott, or anyone, check out the website Northeast Ohio Family Fun.com / Best waterfalls in northeast Ohio. It gives maps, parking, how far to hike... It just goes to show sometimes you don't know what's in your own back yard.🌞
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X