Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, very nice!

f/8 @ 1/320 - Daylight exposure, perfect.

Took me a long time to get some decent moon shots. I find working manual mode is easiest. Low ISO, F/8 or f/11, on a tripod, and go from there.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Been scanning old negatives this week. My wife test driving my first home-built boat, sometime in the mid 90s.

Comment

IMG_5184 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_5185 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Persistence.... This Lilly was planted at the base of this tree when the tree was 1/3 the diameter it is now. The Lilly still blooms every year growing out of the tree.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Love the lilies...We have a bunch up right now. Need to take some photos.

But now, I'm gonna throw this at y'all....right down the road from me. The station also has a great craft beer selection, which is nice.

Last edited by Baatfam; 07-04-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Camping firewood at gas stations around here generally costs $6-9 for a few shrink wrapped sticks. I never buy it. This is the free split and dried birch last week at Duck Mountain Provincial Park. (on the Sk.-Manitoba border) Awesome.

1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Must be rough! Look what we have to do to get ethanol-free fuel. The airport has quite a few (understandable) rules, with a minimum 5 gallon purchase, and can only be dispensed into approved fuel containers. Riding your motorcycle out there to the refuel station is pretty much out of the question... and then there's the price. This receipt is for their 91 octane. I can also get 100 octane low-lead; not sure what I'd use it for. And, of course, no craft beer.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Love the lilies...We have a bunch up right now. Need to take some photos.

But now, I'm gonna throw this at y'all....right down the road from me. The station also has a great craft beer selection, which is nice.

and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                Camping firewood at gas stations around here generally costs $6-9 for a few shrink wrapped sticks. I never buy it. This is the free split and dried birch last week at Duck Mountain Provincial Park. (on the Sk.-Manitoba border) Awesome.

Now that's an oxymoron. LOL. 1/2 cord per campsite and please conserve firewood. We could heat our whole house for the winter up here with 6 cords.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                  Must be rough! Look what we have to do to get ethanol-free fuel. The airport has quite a few (understandable) rules, with a minimum 5 gallon purchase, and can only be dispensed into approved fuel containers. Riding your motorcycle out there to the refuel station is pretty much out of the question... and then there's the price. This receipt is for their 91 octane. I can also get 100 octane low-lead; not sure what I'd use it for. And, of course, no craft beer.
                  When we got to use auto or Mogas for light aircraft instead of the 100LL there were restrictions due to Mogas having higher vapour pressure.
                  No uplift in temperatures above 20C and an altitude limit of 5000ft amsl.
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                    Now that's an oxymoron. LOL. 1/2 cord per campsite and please conserve firewood. We could heat our whole house for the winter up here with 6 cords.
                    Not only an oxymoron but also absurd. The volume of wood consumed in 300 sites over a summer must be immense.

6 cords? My back hurts just thinking about handling (several times) that amount.
                    1979 GS1000
                    1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                      I can do it in 4.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

IMG_5198 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr These little guys have an amazingly loud croak.
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

http://Random by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://Random by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          Last edited by dorkburger; 07-06-2020, 12:10 AM.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

When most people think of Oregon, it's something like this

IMG_20200704_095644227 by T, on Flickr

IMG_20200704_101035641 by , on Flickr

IMG_20200704_100323515 by T, on Flickr

Munson Falls/creek -waterfall is 319' tall, the full length is blocked by vegetation
                            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                            2007 DRz 400S
                            1999 ATK 490ES
                            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Spectacular pics, Big T.
                              If those Falls were nearby i would be a frequent visitor.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Steve, my wife and I spent the weekend in Tillamook, going to the places we have been driving past for years.

The Gorge waterfalls are much closer to home.
                                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                                2007 DRz 400S
                                1999 ATK 490ES
                                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                                X