No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side of the road near where I'm working, popular dump site, but this is kinda strange !desk.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
      Side of the road near where I'm working, popular dump site, but this is kinda strange ![ATTACH=CONFIG]58786[/ATTACH]
      That's one of those high tech transparent storage units.
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        In my experience, no two images are ever the same, and repeatedly visiting the same location can yeild countless different results depending on conditions. These conditions also include the the mood of the photographer .
        Who was that French painter who brought about twenty canvasses to his spot each day and changed them out every quarter hour because the light was changing?
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Cheers

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
            Who was that French painter who brought about twenty canvasses to his spot each day and changed them out every quarter hour because the light was changing?
            Monet's Haystack series. And I know, because I've loved, and studied, his work since I was 14.

20-25 years ago, the Art Institute of Chicago had a major Monet exhibit.
            Included was a large number of Haystack paintings, along with so much other goodness.
            When you see several at once, it is incredible. I sat in that room, with haystacks all around me, for a couple hours.

Visiting Monet's Gardens, is very, very high on my bucket list.

One of the haystack paintings...
            Wheatstacks (End of Summer) 1890-91
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yesterday was Granddaughter Lo's 7th Birthday party.

Here she is with a cupcake hat....go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Monet's Haystack series. ........
                Redman Haystack Series (just the first four I could find, there are more)

I know, is not the same sort of "series". Are not the same place.
                But, there for a moment, I could say I had the same idea as Monet.
                Last edited by Redman; 08-25-2019, 08:44 PM. Reason: I know...

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave, I dig your take on the haystack series...
                  Took about a 2 hour ride with my son tonight. We rode to the ice cream store, then around town. I brought the camera. I liked this shadow image. His idea to add his shadow. Interesting how the multiple lights created some ghost shadows.
                  A bit of a tough background as I had to work around a big ugly door.

http://Shadows by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  Last edited by dorkburger; 08-26-2019, 12:12 AM. Reason: auto incorrect
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    Monet's Haystack series. And I know, because I've loved, and studied, his work since I was 14.

20-25 years ago, the Art Institute of Chicago had a major Monet exhibit.
                    Included was a large number of Haystack paintings, along with so much other goodness.
                    When you see several at once, it is incredible. I sat in that room, with haystacks all around me, for a couple hours.

Visiting Monet's Gardens, is very, very high on my bucket list.

One of the haystack paintings...
                    Wheatstacks (End of Summer) 1890-91
                    Ha! I happened to be in Chicago that summer, my brother who lives there got us tickets.

You could get up close and see the individual brush strokes, then back away and take it all in.

One of my favorite art exhibits, along with Son of Heaven (Terra cotta warriors, etc) and Birds in Art
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Redman Haystack Series (just the first four I could find, there are more)

I know, is not the same sort of "series". Are not the same place.
                      But, there for a moment, I could say I had the same idea as Monet.
                      LOL, Dave....Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                        Ha! I happened to be in Chicago that summer, my brother who lives there got us tickets.

You could get up close and see the individual brush strokes, then back away and take it all in.

One of my favorite art exhibits, along with Son of Heaven (Terra cotta warriors, etc) and Birds in Art
                        Very good....That was a great day for me...

Comment

From a recent trip to the Badlands of Alberta. Horseshoe Canyon.

Badlands - Alberta by soates50, on Flickr
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

And another from a local hike I did yesterday.

Canadian Rockies from Lakit Lookout by soates50, on Flickr
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sandy, beautiful shot as per typical. I particularly like the second one with the mountain near- ish to the camera jutting above the horizon line.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I liked this shadow image. His idea to add his shadow. Interesting how the multiple lights created some ghost shadows.
                                A bit of a tough background as I had to work around a big ugly door. ....
                                Impressive.
                                Imaginative!
                                I would think that is a whitewashed cement block wall.
                                But that is about as much as I can figure out.
                                WHat is the main light sourse....? Doesnt look like sun light. What did you do? Knock over some sign light? hee hee
                                Good to see you having an activity with your son.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X