I can do random....

Banana by R John Thieda, on Flickr
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      I can do random....

Banana by R John Thieda, on Flickr
      Cute composition Bob. I think the banana could use some eyes though. LOL.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Anyone know what this is? Wife thinks it's a pump of some sort

Antique outside barbershop by Scott Baker, on Flickr
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That's cool Scott. It's a coffee Grinder. I need one of those.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            Cute composition Bob. I think the banana could use some eyes though. LOL.
            Ah...good idea.
            The weekly stay at home photo challenge at the mu-43 forum. This week was fruit. I struggled.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thank you Rich. I told my boss that and he commented it had to be for a pretty large cup of coffee.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

IMG_5050 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Took a little ride to the West today.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

http://At the orchard by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

http://At the orchard by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    ///////////CopyPaste
                    Date and Time (Original) - 2020:05:30 23:48:45
                    Date and Time (Modified) - 2020:05:30 23:48:45
                    //////////EndCopyPaste

Ah! Nice moonlight silhouettes.
                    And with stars too !

Question: You ride bike to get there? Or take bike to be a subject?
                    Either way, sure found a great place to pose that pic.
                    Last edited by Redman; 05-31-2020, 12:00 PM. Reason: And with stars too !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      IMG_5050 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Took a little ride to the West today.
                      I was surprised/puzzled about that going thru Kentucky.
                      Was thinking would be a single trail direct from North Carolina to Oklahoma, on one occasion.
                      But now I see.

A significant part of our countrys history, that many of us may not be too familiar with.
                      I had it described to me by a hotel clerk in Waynesville NC (not far from big Cherokee museum/reservation, south side Smokey Mt Nat Pk). Was quite a memerable conversation, where he was recommending we go to the museum, and to realize that is what our government did with apparent backing of general citizenship at the time. We chatted for some time, and he mentioned that his mother was "born on the rez" and I must have seemed surprised, because he stopped and stared at me, and asked ".....isnt it obvious to you that I am Cherokee?". I said "No.", and he seemed puzzled. Anyway, more to the story, but is getting off the immediate point, but is why was a memorable conversation.

Also note, the reservation there in NC, is land some local guy donated back, and populated by Cherokees that later walked back or had evaded the original removal.
                      Last edited by Redman; 05-31-2020, 01:19 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        ///////////CopyPaste
                        Date and Time (Original) - 2020:05:30 23:48:45
                        Date and Time (Modified) - 2020:05:30 23:48:45
                        //////////EndCopyPaste

Ah! Nice moonlight silhouettes.
                        And with stars too !

Question: You ride bike to get there? Or take bike to be a subject?
                        Either way, sure found a great place to pose that pic.
                        Dave, I had no plans to even visit the orchard. I rode the bike there. It's just a mile or so from home.
                        My plan was to revisit the spot in post 809 and have moon in the scene. When I got there the moon was behind me so with the orchard just a 1/4 mile or so further, I went there as plan B. I took some pictures of the trees, etc.
                        Usually when I leave a spot, I take one last look around, and in this case, I figured the bike might be a neat shot. I tried to get as low as possible to not obscure the bottom of the wheels, but couldn't quite get there without having grass / weeds in the way even after repositioning both the bike and me several times.

As far as the scene in post 809, I'm trying to get the same scene in different conditions, but the moon may prove to be tough.
                        I took one last Friday there where the background is heavy, hazy, and colored in pink and gray hues.
                        The statue I posted on mu43 was taken at the same time.
                        Last edited by dorkburger; 05-31-2020, 09:47 PM.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

test

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Canoe art! That's pretty cool. I see lots of cables holding things up.
                            sigpic

Glen
                            -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              ......and have moon in the scene. When I got there the moon was behind me .

........ but the moon may prove to be tough.......
                              Dern moon. Has a way of moving during the night, and not the same place the next night.

You stated something I have learnt, something a friend told me. If go some place looking for a certain thing... also look the other way for something else. Every time that has been successful, I thank him. (He is in Alzheimers ward now.)

Comment

So true. I noticed years ago when riding around that the same road can look completely different on the ride back.
                                When taking pics, I often get my best pictures when I'm "finished " and walking back. Such was the case last night.
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X