Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Another Abby Road movie, I might have to go see this.
    Been looking forward to this one....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      Another Abby Road movie, I might have to go see this.
      Just watched 1995's "Anthology" this week. I can't get enough Beatles. There should be a plaque where second base was at Shea Stadium. And Candlestick Park should be a shrine. Instead, they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I like Beatles and Stones equally. How many of you have seen Shine a Light?
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Just watched 1995's "Anthology" this week. I can't get enough Beatles. There should be a plaque where second base was at Shea Stadium. And Candlestick Park should be a shrine. Instead, they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
          Macca throwin shade this week getting coverage in media.
          Generally bein a knob.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

a 100% correct knob
            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              I like Beatles and Stones equally. How many of you have seen Shine a Light?
              Nope, but to be fair, I have at least 25 Beatles albums on vinyl, 20+ on CD, and a bunch of bootlegs on my computer.
              On the other side of this, I own one, maybe two, Stones albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Nope, but to be fair, I have at least 25 Beatles albums on vinyl, 20+ on CD, and a bunch of bootlegs on my computer.
                sure, but it has nothing to do with anyone's taste.
                he's talking musicality.
                there's simply no comparison. it's a joke. but it's good for those rocking-fossils! (any publicity is good publicity lol )
                1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                  sure, but it has nothing to do with anyone's taste.
                  he's talking musicality.
                  there's simply no comparison. it's a joke. but it's good for those rocking-fossils! (any publicity is good publicity lol )
                  I honestly have no idea who, or what, you are talking about. My response was to Pilot's post, and nothing more.

Comment

My older siblings were over the moon for The Beatles, and I definitely got into their stuff, but as I discovered blues and roots rock, I came to appreciate The Stones a great deal more. These days, due to societal Beatles overdosing, I tend toward The Stones.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Surely some are duplicated?
                      There are 16 Beatles albums 4 of which are compilations.
                      There are 23 stones albums.

Did the Stones have an equivalent to George Martin.
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        My older siblings were over the moon for The Beatles, and I definitely got into their stuff, but as I discovered blues and roots rock, I came to appreciate The Stones a great deal more. These days, due to societal Beatles overdosing, I tend toward The Stones.
                        They both started out about the same....same early music influences, lots of covers early, American blues and all that.
                        They even shared songs, (Stones first hit was a Beatles song).
                        But when it came to experimentation, trying new sounds, instruments, recording equipment, etc., it's the Beatles.
                        The Stones found their thing, their fans, and went with it forever. It worked well, and still does, just not for me.

Comment

The Beatles versus the Stones..... That's like two audiophiles discussing speaker cables ......
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

For sure. What I like about The Stones is that they understood their sound well enough to work it into a pretty perfect thing without trying to emulate The Beatles. I dig blues, Motown, funk, and as such, The Stones are more my thing these days. That said, I recently played Spooky Tooth's cover of "I Am The Walrus," which I prefer to the original, and got a great draft of the greatness that was the Fab 4.

Now, back to movies: Who has seen Ryan Reynolds in The Voices? Trippy, almost brilliant film.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                              Surely some are duplicated?
                              There are 16 Beatles albums 4 of which are compilations.
                              There are 23 stones albums.

Did the Stones have an equivalent to George Martin.
                              Not so much duplicates as overlap. I have several remastered mono recordings from the early years.
                              There is the difference in British vs. American releases.
                              There are some boots, like the Decca Tapes, or the 1962 Hamburg double album.
                              Oh, and things like the original Let It Be, and the McCartney release of Let It Be Naked.
                              And so forth....
                              Of course we can count the solo albums if we want?

Can't help you with the stones producer. But I did a college term paper on George Martin titled "Manufacturing Greatness"

Comment

I honestly have no idea who, or what, you are talking about. My response was to Pilot's post, and nothing more.
                                sigh ... "I 'like' one more than the other, or like them both equally, has nothing to do with McCartney's point.
                                He's talking musical construct.
                                ok, you don't play musical instruments. I get it.
                                enjoy
                                1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Working...
                                X