No announcement yet.

Looks like the compact truck is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"LOL, not sure what there is to "resist". I assume someone makes a pickup that suits your needs? Then go buy it."

Oh, okay, jeez thanks!
    Attached Files
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Hey Ed, what's the skidplate for? In case you run over a curb! 😅
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Hey Ed, what's the skidplate for? In case you run over a curb!
        It's too sexy for that! (The box the TRD Skid plate shipped in is shown)

The previous one was just a thin plate as shown in this photo. It required removing the air dam which I was happy to oblige. lol

EDIT: I mean...look at this...sexy!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-25-2021, 09:52 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

How about a Bed Mat & bed lights for my truck?

I like it! Merry Christmas to my Taco!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            Over on ADVrider.com, several inmates have received their Mavericks at assorted trim levels. Everyone seems quite happy so far.

I gotta say, I'm a fan of the recent micro-trend of steel wheels on trucks. Quite a few owners are ordering their Maverick with steelies. I've always really, really hated the delicate fancy alloy wheels they strap on to every grocery-getter, work truck, and off-roader. They're just useless, tacky, gaudy, and downright inappropriate.

The Maverick scratches an itch no one in the US has bothered to scratch for many years. Good for Ford; they'll sell a skrillion of them.

Also, I recently spotted a Maverick in the wild. As I hoped, it seemed like a very nice human-scale size.

Also, from what I can tell, the dealers are generally not gouging on these. You order, you wait, and generally you pay what you expected to pay. If a buyer doesn't follow through they get snapped up fast. There are quite a few reports of gouging on the Bronco.
            I should never have started reading this thread, now I'm going to Ford on Friday for a sit down.

Totally agree with the steelies, it will be the way we go if we order one. Torn on the tow/engine/tranny package. Really like the mileage of the standard offering but would like to pull a trailer with a motorcycle if I need too ( add $4000 for the upgrade). Wondering if its the CVT tranny that's not up to towing or what

Would love to see one in person, so far 7 dealerships don't have one to even put eyes on. They only get them before they go to the customer, kind of disappointing, the new landscape of new car buying maybe

Comment

You should also check out the Chevrolet Colorado. I have 40,000 trouble free miles on mine. Mine is a 2019 V-6, two wheel drive, tow package. I don't drive off-road is why I opted for the two wheel drive (less moving parts). Plus the Colorado looks much better than the other ones... 🙂
              Attached Files
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                You should also check out the Chevrolet Colorado. I have 40,000 trouble free miles on mine. Mine is a 2019 V-6, two wheel drive, tow package. I don't drive off-road is why I opted for the two wheel drive (less moving parts). Plus the Colorado looks much better than the other ones... 🙂
                Thats a good looking truck, worth looking into. Really wasn't even considering buying anything but saw that damn $19.995 and 42 hiway mpg and almost crapped myself, had sticker shock in a good way!

I've bought many, many vehicles personal and otherwise but never a brand new one. Hope they have the bugs worked. I may order two.

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                  $19.995 and 42 hiway mpg and almost crapped myself, had sticker shock in a good way!
                  I had sticker shock in nearly the opposite way - Local used dealer has two 2011 Ford Rangers (4wd) with 81k miles for $18,900 and 96k miles for $17,500.

While not quite the same, I think you're definitely better off buying new.
                  81 GS650GL

Comment

Ford is stepping up with some enforcement of the trend to flip new vehicles. If you can get your hands on new vehicle for MSRP, it's pretty easy to make a few bucks!

Corvette and 911 market has been crazy. Porsche softly warned it's dealers not to gouge too much on new vehicles. So, it's common to find a relatively new car with a couple hundred miles on it priced well over MSRP.

Comment

My Maverick shows "Built" on the Ford tracking site as of 5/24. Should be in transit soon. Who knows? We'll see.
                      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                      1983 GS 1100 G
                      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

I was told by a dealer salesman that they are going to open up orders for the Maverick again in late August or early September. This came from the same salesman that priced me a 2022 Maverick XLT with 5900 miles on it for $10,000 OVER MSRP!

And the original factory sticker was still on the window! GEEZ!

He admitted that if I can wait for Ford to start taking orders again, I can build what I want online from Ford.com for MSRP.
                        Ron
                        When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                        1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                        1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                        1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                        1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                          I was told by a dealer salesman that they are going to open up orders for the Maverick again in late August or early September. This came from the same salesman that priced me a 2022 Maverick XLT with 5900 miles on it for $10,000 OVER MSRP!

And the original factory sticker was still on the window! GEEZ!

He admitted that if I can wait for Ford to start taking orders again, I can build what I want online from Ford.com for MSRP.
                          Yeah, my situation is kind of murky. I have stored emails of a trim package, order #, and out the door price. Ford confirms the truck is a special order. My wife and I went to the dealership to sign and leave a deposit but the mgr said that wasn't necessary. He just said we have the deal. If a dealer has one of these trucks that is not a special order, they can get crazy high prices for them because of the demand. The one coming in that I hope to get is a confirmed "special order" but I can't prove it's mine (nothing signed) although I do have the emails with the proposed "out the door" price. Since it's a special order, they should be unable to add some huge price increase but who knows what they will try? I figure it's about 60/40 that I end up with truck. Oh well, I love my Insight. Mine is an XLT with a few options for about 4K over MSRP but new with 0 miles
                          Last edited by 1948man; 05-26-2022, 09:28 AM.
                          1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

So I inquired about a Maverick right before my daughter was born for the Honda Fit wouldn't "fit" the huge car seat and base correctly unless the front passenger contorted and that front passenger being a 9 month along momma in contractions... Well that wasn't going to fly. So I surprised the family and decided to look for a vehicle. So asked about the Maverick and I was told September or maybe even into 2023 I would get one... Couldn't wait that long so I looked around for comparable towing, AWD and room... Got a Cert used Legacy Outback 3.6R for a good price with low miles and a 100K mile warranty. We will see how it works out long term but I love the car towing capacity of 3600lbs but more than enough for what I need it for.

My next personal vehicle will likely be a Maverick but it's going to be at least 10 years when the warranty goes out on my Subaru.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got my Maverick. Mid-level trim pkg (XLT) with 4 add-ons for $28,500, out the door. There are some selling for crazy $$$. Edit...When I resized this pic I guess it shrunk so small it's not of much value. I was going to send a pic of the dash reading 52 mpg after 150 miles since my first fill-up.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Last edited by 1948man; 06-20-2022, 07:23 PM.
                              1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Oh well, maybe someone techier than me can blow it up.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Working...
                                X