My next bike!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Love that Oreo is still kicking around with you guys, such a good old dog.

Man I love that TFT dash, Suzuki nailed it with that bike... Saving my pennies now for one in a few years. Interested to hear how it compares to the old GSX-S1000 you had, also would love to know touring capabilities, average MPGs and the like.

Really happy for ya buddy, enjoy that bike!

Cheers!
    Thanks pal, I will be sure to give a full report. The bags and taller windscreen should be here any day now...along with heated grips and some other goodies I ordered. Going to fool around with the My Spin app for the bike today and try to figure it out....
    No signature

Comment

Picked up my bike today after the first 1000km service....My panniers finally came in along with the touring wind screen, heated grips, axel sliders, custom GT seat, and new pilot 4 tires,
      I love the look of the bags on the bike...the touring screen sucks! So much buffeting and noise, it is brutal! I'll be going back to the stock screen.
      The bags....well lets put it this way, they ain't BMW quality. Lol...

No signature

Comment

It's looking good Trevor. Looks like you're ready to rock-n-roll. How about your GPS, do you have that wired in?
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Return of the lunch box!!

Windscreen sure looks vertical. And that's a lot of blue! Are the colored wheels (I mean wheels of color ) extra?

What are those hook-shaped things over each bag in the rear view?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            It's looking good Trevor. Looks like you're ready to rock-n-roll. How about your GPS, do you have that wired in?
            Thanks Norm, I have the gps figured out but it does not support google maps...you have to download other navigation apps to your phone...which is not a problem...but there are other glitches like your phone has to be on all the time unlocked and you can't say look at an email without losing your connection, which is really inconvenient. I'll be sticking to my iphone for that stuff until myspin gets updated.
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Return of the lunch box!!

Windscreen sure looks vertical. And that's a lot of blue! Are the colored wheels (I mean wheels of color ) extra?

What are those hook-shaped things over each bag in the rear view?
              Haha.....the Triton blue came with the wheels painted.....usa didn't get offered the Triton blue.
              The "hooks" are passenger grab rails and will be used to hold my bmw tail bag.
              No signature

Comment

Nice big bags! You're going to need a Big Box of those "Plastic Restore" wipes you use to keep that black from fading...but hey, rather that than chrome polishing anyday!

Comment

Perhaps a deflector might address the buffeting.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Just gotta ask in case I missed it earlier in the thread, but why did you feel the need to replace the tires with only 1000km/600miles on them?
                    maybe one of your other bikes needed new tires eh?
                    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                      Just gotta ask in case I missed it earlier in the thread, but why did you feel the need to replace the tires with only 1000km/600miles on them?
                      maybe one of your other bikes needed new tires eh?
                      Because I’m headed out to Ontario for a 10,000kms trip. The stock tires also don’t look like they’d be good in the rain
                      No signature

Comment

That color may not be offered in the states but i sure hope the set up you have would be. To me, the bags look to be pretty good, close to the Givis that are on my Bandit. In fact, I like the handles on yours better. Would you be willing to explain what you mean by they aren't BMW quality?

That is a great looking bike Trevor
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Go to your local Datsun dealership, pick any car, sit in it and close the door. Now, go to your local BMW dealership, pick any car sit in it and close the door. You'll find out what BMW quality is all about.
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

They got a Datsun dealer in Youngstown, Norm? I know what you mean. Used to take my MINI to the dealer for service while under warranty. On Saturdays, MINI service is closed, so any work was done in the Main BMW shop, so I’d sometimes spend the time sitting In various BMWs. Yeah, there’s definitely a higher level of detail , fit & finish on the BWM stuff over the MINI stuff but over just about anything else as well.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              That color may not be offered in the states but i sure hope the set up you have would be. To me, the bags look to be pretty good, close to the Givis that are on my Bandit. In fact, I like the handles on yours better. Would you be willing to explain what you mean by they aren't BMW quality?

That is a great looking bike Trevor
                              Thanks! I’m very happy with the bike. I think Suzuki actually gets these bags made by Givi. Don’t get me wrong, they a very nice. The bmw bags are just more solid feeling and would definitely stand up to abuse better. I know bmw has lots of haters but the quality is there.
                              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                Nice bike, but it's no FJR.. Chain drive on a sport tour? No center stand? Smallish fuel compacity? I do like the quick shift though.
                                Well Norm you were right on all accounts. I sold the GT a couple of weeks ago (replacing it with the VFR1200F) I put 32,616kms on it in a year of ownership.
                                I'm done with chains and no centre stand. Although the fuel range of 350kms was fine...the vfr is less
                                The bike also had an annoying "hot start rattle"...everyone is having issues with them....plus it had a vibration at 5000rpm or 120kmph....I loved lots of things about it but the fact that I never felt that connected to it (lacks character imo) it had to go while I could still get a decent buck for it.
                                And so far not a single regret.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X