bursitis anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bursitis anyone?

I finally got angry enough about my severe pain when rising from a seated position to tell the DR.
    So I got me this awesome Rx with ampoules of lidocaine and cortisone

made the mistake of watching a youtube vid on the procedure
    have patient show the sorest spot
    insert needle till you hit bone withdraw slightly and jam the load in.

Have any of you had the pleasure of constant hip pain range from miserable SOB to kill me now please?
    How did the shot do for you?
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
    I finally got angry enough about my severe pain when rising from a seated position to tell the DR.

Have any of you had the pleasure of constant hip pain range from miserable SOB to kill me now please?
    No experience with the shots.

Not a cure, but simple, non-prescription, help is available: turmeric, one of the main ingredients in Indian curries, is a good source of curcumin, which helps to reduce inflammation.
    Turmeric tea is an option.
    "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

That's right, the shot (steroid) is not a cure, but it can reduce the inflammation quickly -- and the pain.

I've had it twice in my life and my wife had it once. She got a shot, which was very painful, but worth it. It helped, but it still took her a few months for it to resolve. I just stuck it out, both times, and it eventually went away -- the swelling went down with time.

It's important to get an x-ray to see if there is any structural damage FIRST. If not, you have options, but none of them are great. It just takes time for the swelling of the bursa to decrease. AVOID addictive pain pills -- and avoid any movement that uses the joint. A good doctor will explain your options completely -- otherwise find another doctor.

In any event, it's not fun.
      Last edited by xkaes; 11-06-2021, 09:11 AM.
      sigpic
      '77 GS550B
      '78 GS550C

Comment

Yeah, both hips, but it only hurts if I stand up or walk. I've been thinking the treatment is probably worse at this point than the inflammation.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I used to get the occasional inflammation of either elbow, usually the right, as I'm right-handed, when I was spending hours doing repetitive work. It would take days or even weeks to finally go away. However, since I've been taking glucosamine sulphate to help alleviate knee and hip trouble, it's not re-occurred, so that's a bonus.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I had a nasty case of tennis elbow years ago -- NOT from playing tennis, but from moving a mouse back-and-forth for eight hours a day. Boy did that suck -- but I still had to work. I tried everything, but what worked was switching to a BALL mouse, so my elbow never moved. It still took about SIX months to completely disappear.
            sigpic
            '77 GS550B
            '78 GS550C

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
              I used to get the occasional inflammation of either elbow, usually the right, as I'm right-handed, when I was spending hours doing repetitive work. It would take days or even weeks to finally go away. However, since I've been taking glucosamine sulphate to help alleviate knee and hip trouble, it's not re-occurred, so that's a bonus.
              I used to think the stories about that stuff were a myth .... But having arthritis in my knee which would flare up from time to time and be like someone was sticking a needle into it I gave it a shot .....Might be coincidence but it never happened again after taking it .......
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Knee, walking became impossible forget about my renovation work. Doctors solution ice packs and stay off my feet for a couple weeks and no kneeling, that worked.
                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                  glucosamine sulphate...
                  Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  I used to think the stories about that stuff were a myth ...
                  Tried it many years ago with no noticeable results. I'll have to keep an open mind about trying it again.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by xkaes View Post
                    I had a nasty case of tennis elbow years ago -- NOT from playing tennis, but from moving a mouse back-and-forth for eight hours a day. Boy did that suck -- but I still had to work. I tried everything, but what worked was switching to a BALL mouse, so my elbow never moved. It still took about SIX months to completely disappear.
                    Many who hear of energy healing laugh and even ridicule it. Definitely the latter happens on this forum, but with it a tennis elbow problem usually resolves in minutes, not months.

Never tried it on bursitis, but it is an available option if Cipher wants to try it.
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      Tried it many years ago with no noticeable results. I'll have to keep an open mind about trying it again.
                      Your supposed to drink it not rub it on.
                      True of a lot of things.

Starnge thing is after the DR set me up fro the procedure the pain ahs subsided. This may well be due to a decrease in sleeping in a chair due to abdominal pain for the past 2 years.

Massage gal was mystified as to why my fascia and flesshy bits were so tight last time.
                      I voiced concerns about bone degeneration but dr did xrays a while back and no evidence
                      Physiotherapy lady gave me the diagnostic hug from hell and said the same thing without radiation.

Oddly once up the pain dissipates and I have and can walk for 5 miles + without difficulty.
                      But standing up is like climbing a mountain
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Your supposed to drink it not rub it on.
                        I seem to recall big pills (or capsules).
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Cipher:

I tried to send this via PM for two days, but did not go:

Some things that may seem impossible are not, and if you wish to try this you need only say so.
                          Your bursitis is a problem that can be eased.
                          I have been helping people with various pains and other problems for many years. Energy healing requires no medications or physical exertion, and can be done almost anywhere.
                          Most people feel a difference immediately .

No charge... Free

Your heading location says you are in or somewhere near Toronto . If you wish to try this, just say so. ..
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                            Cipher:

I tried to send this via PM for two days, but did not go:

Some things that may seem impossible are not, and if you wish to try this you need only say so.
                            Your bursitis is a problem that can be eased.
                            I have been helping people with various pains and other problems for many years. Energy healing requires no medications or physical exertion, and can be done almost anywhere.
                            Most people feel a difference immediately .

No charge... Free

Your heading location says you are in or somewhere near Toronto . If you wish to try this, just say so. ..
                            No thanks. The religion I had hammered into me and no longer believe yet secretly fear forbids it.
                            1983 GS 550 LD
                            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Had a bad case of, what Dr. called, bursitis in my shoulder appx. 3, possibly 4, yrs ago. Very painful, in the mornings I could not raise my right arm, had to raise my right arm with my left then would ease a little up in the day. Dr. said bursitis, steroid shot will help for a little while but probably won't last long. That's been a few yrs. & so far it hasn't came back. Thank goodness. No doubt what works for some don't work for others.
                              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X