No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas & HNY 2021 - One Last Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry was busy yesterday so Merry late Christmas!
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

A little late here too, but Merry Christmas all.

We may have started a new tradition in our family.... getting high on Christmas Eve.

My wife and kids looked at each other and said yep, this is his thing. They got me a membership to the climbing gym for Christmas.

Last edited by Burque73; 12-26-2021, 05:50 PM.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Merry Christmas to all!
        As are others, running late in wishing everyone a Merry Christmas this year.
        Overall it’s been a good Christmas for us. Three weeks ago my elderly father in law fell and hurt himself really badly, the worst of it all was that he broke his elbow, heard he shattered it but couldn’t confirm that, he ended up in the hospital for a few days and they had to do surgery to fix it. After that he ended up in a facility for a week and a half getting physical therapy. While he was at the facility, my wife and I along with our son and daughter have been spending all of our time making changes to the in laws house to hopefully make it safer for both of them, we even bought and installed new beds and ceiling fans along with a bit of repainting while we were at it. After he was able to return home this past Wednesday, we’ve been spending time there making sure he has what he needs.
        I kept joking with him that when he was released from the facility, I was gonna put a big bow on his head and walk him through the front door but they transported him home before I got off work, oh well, he’s home now and that’s what counts.
        Both of my in laws are 82 years and we are gonna make sure they’re around for as long as they want to be.
        Spending time with family is what makes the season.

Merry Christmas to all and may everyone live a safe, prosperous and fulfilling year throughout 2022!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
          Merry Christmas to all!
          As are others, running late in wishing everyone a Merry Christmas this year.

Overall it’s been a good Christmas for us. Three weeks ago my elderly father in law fell and hurt himself really badly, the worst of it all was that he broke his elbow, heard he shattered it but couldn’t confirm that, he ended up in the hospital for a few days and they had to do surgery to fix it. After that he ended up in a facility for a week and a half getting physical therapy.

While he was at the facility, my wife and I along with our son and daughter have been spending all of our time making changes to the in laws house to hopefully make it safer for both of them, we even bought and installed new beds and ceiling fans along with a bit of repainting while we were at it. After he was able to return home this past Wednesday, we’ve been spending time there making sure he has what he needs.

I kept joking with him that when he was released from the facility, I was gonna put a big bow on his head and walk him through the front door but they transported him home before I got off work, oh well, he’s home now and that’s what counts.

Both of my in laws are 82 years and we are gonna make sure they’re around for as long as they want to be. Spending time with family is what makes the season.

Merry Christmas to all and may everyone live a safe, prosperous and fulfilling year throughout 2022!
          Wow!

What a wonderful outcome to the accident of your father-in-law.

I FaceTime/DUO with my mother yesterday and got caught up with what's going on in their lives. Hopefully, in the New Year we can fly out to SoCal/Ontario and make a much needed visit.

We definitely want our elders to stick around for as long as they are healthy and accident proof their homes (in your case). Very commendable and caring action you took.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Interesting season. My kids were feeling unwell on Wednesday. Covid it turned out. Mild cases thankfully, but it still blew up plans. Gift exchanging was quick and masked and the in laws stayed home. By Christmas Eve, I needed to go for a walk so I headed out for a late walk in town with the camera. I ended up speaking to an African American guy named Lance working out an obscenity laced rap on his own walk. He was a cool dude and offered to buy me a beer at the local bar. I declined and ended up walking on and ended photographing by an outdoor party with about 15 Mexicans surrounding an outdoor fire pit. This complete stranger was welcomed in like family, given beer, a plate of homemade Mexican cuisine and a Tequila shot. Probably a dumb situation to put myself in considering Covid, but a little affirming one just the same.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

New Year's Eve 2021

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Interesting season. My kids were feeling unwell on Wednesday. Covid it turned out. Mild cases thankfully, but it still blew up plans. Gift exchanging was quick and masked and the in laws stayed home.

By Christmas Eve, I needed to go for a walk so I headed out for a late walk in town with the camera. I ended up speaking to an African American guy named Lance working out an obscenity laced rap on his own walk. He was a cool dude and offered to buy me a beer at the local bar.

I declined and ended up walking on and ended photographing by an outdoor party with about 15 Mexicans surrounding an outdoor fire pit. This complete stranger was welcomed in like family, given beer, a plate of homemade Mexican cuisine and a Tequila shot.

Probably a dumb situation to put myself in considering Covid, but a little affirming one just the same.
              How did I miss this?

Our youngest contacted the C19 from a work Christmas party (10Dec) and by Wed (15Dec) a home test confirmed it. Also, other employees came down with it from the party.

Fortunately for the rest of us in the household, we did not catch it...even my son-in-law!

All of us went to a DE Public Health testing place (16Dec) where my daughter was confirmed and the rest of us were negative. It was sad times in the house for my daughter because whenever she came out of her bedroom, we all vacated the area she occupied. Double masked she was, and cleaning all areas of the kitchen/dining room as she departed.

We went back to the same testing place 3 days later for another test and again tested negative. Daughter could not test again until her 10-day quarantine was done.

So this affected our celebration of Christmas Day as well as the Day after...our youngest daughter's bday is the 26th. She went to work that day after a home test revealed she was negative.

Long story short, we delayed her birthday celebration until this weekend. Of course we celebrated her birthday on that Sunday the 26th since she tested negative from a home C19 test.

As for your story, Glen...sorry I went into my family matter...lol.

That first guy you met, what a character! Some people's common language includes profanity every other word in a sentence. I have this moments (swearing every other word) but most of the time, I have to use my filter because of my surroundings.

Now, the second scenario paints a picture of my neighborhood where I grew up in LA: El Sereno.

Hispanic people love to feast (who doesn't?) And welcoming a stranger comes with some precautionary measures...on their part. You seemed friendly and curious (by taking photos) and it was just appropriate for them to invite you to their party. They may have noticed you were feeling a little down too...

So, I wanted to bring this thread to the top on this New Year's Eve and wish you all a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-31-2021, 06:15 PM.
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

UPDATE:

One last time before starting the first work week of 2022 tomorrow.

Watching the late NFL games while I pack up glasses/vases in the kitchen. We are finally getting our total kitchen remodel started this week! All cabinets & flooring will be gutted and gas routing/pipe schematics done prior to our wood floors getting installed. 2 different contractors...one for the floor and one for everything else in the kitchen. Wife is totally stoked!

Oh...almost forgot to mention. All the Christmas decorations are put away.

January starts a couple of things my wife talked about for our retirement planning as well as wellness improvements...Finances & Health--good start to the New Year!

Living with the C19 for another year will be challenging for all of us. We are all vaccinated in our household and will continue to practice social distancing/mask wearing for the known future.

I hope you all had a great Christmas/New Year's.

All the best to all of you.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  I ended up speaking to an African American guy named Lance working out an obscenity laced rap on his own walk. .
                  .....and ended up walking on and ended photographing by an outdoor party with about 15 Mexicans surrounding an outdoor fire pit. This complete stranger was welcomed in like family, . . . . . .
                  Interesting.
                  . . . . . . . .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Family gathering last week.
                    Us, and Son (back left) and family, and daughter (back to right) and family. So the four grandkids age 1 to 10.

Maybe some annoyances and contension amoungst varyious folks, but overall, get along well.

Yep, no one needs to tell me I am a fortunate fellow.

PS: SOme of you have seen my son at a couple BrownCounty rallys, and now possibly SIL too this year.
                    Last edited by Redman; 01-03-2022, 04:43 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman,

ALWAYS appreciate your family photos. You are very blessed.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                      X