X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
    I have to ask what is Miasma?

An aside:
    One of you made my "Ignore List" apparently at one time or another but I can't remember why
    It never fails to amaze me that in this time where practically any person in the developed world has access to the collective knowledge of mankind WHILE THEY'RE TAKING A DUMP will accept the word of someone else instead of spending 10 seconds to educate themselves!

For all those people that find it more convenient to bother you with their question than to google it for themselves.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
      It never fails to amaze me that in this time where practically any person in the developed world has access to the collective knowledge of mankind WHILE THEY'RE TAKING A DUMP will accept the word of someone else instead of spending 10 seconds to educate themselves!

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=miasma
      How've you been? More importantly, how's Bob? Praise Bob!

Still in the country music capital of the world (no, not Nashville)?

And what about that Wing? Has it taken flight yet?

Keep in touch - Rob
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Tom Kent was an educated, knowledgeable and straight forward guy, he didn't suffer fools. This place is the poorer for his absence..
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
          WHat did happen to Steel Toe, I remember that guy.
          Not sure what happened to Steel Toe Tank, I had him as contact on my friends list...and then he dropped off.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Colorado CJ was the photographer. I just looked him up and it looks like older but still spectacular work. http://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/andrewmarjama

I miss Tkent. He was generally quick to make a point and often with a dry sense of humor.

Mark H was blast, but unfortunately got banned.

Oregon Jake got banned if I recall and was let back in only on the technical forums.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Harrop! That was his name. He was a blast, as was Jo (when she wasn't full-tilt crazy).
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Mark pops up on a couple of GS related FB groups once in great while, but nothing like here. I think he’s the only one I’ve ever heard of here getting banned via announcement on the site.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

He's a special kind of outlandish. Probably a little crazy, but sharp as a tack, worldly in a way very few are, and watching him take metalfab to task about military service and firearms was a joy.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

The mention of Harrop made me recall a thread on S*ev* where members were warned of a potential ban for mentioning his name. I don't think I ever knew what the reason behind it was.

If that is still the case, see ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                      The mention of Harrop made me recall a thread on S*ev* where members were warned of a potential ban for mentioning his name. I don't think I ever knew what the reason behind it was.

If that is still the case, see ya!
                      I never heard of the Steve thing. heh I guess now I get Harrop'd huh? lol
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                        I never heard of the Steve thing. heh I guess now I got Harrop'd huh? lol
                        It's better than getting "Rick Rolled". lol!

Ed

EDIT: It's just a joke, Earl...not sure if you're up to speed on the meaning of Rick Rolled.
                        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-26-2021, 02:49 PM.
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Do you remember Rick Astley? He had a big fat hit, it was ghastly

Always liked that line.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                          '79 GS100E
                          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
                            Tom Kent was an educated, knowledgeable and straight forward guy, he didn't suffer fools. This place is the poorer for his absence..
                            I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Tom moved from Colorado to NE WA.
                            He was selling/scrapping GS parts for a while, presumably prior to moving
                            He has a DR 350 page on FB, that I belong to.
                            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                            2007 DRz 400S
                            1999 ATK 490ES
                            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                              I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Tom moved from Colorado to NE WA.
                              He was selling/scrapping GS parts for a while, presumably prior to moving
                              He has a DR 350 page on FB, that I belong to.

TKent was an airline pilot, so employment wise, he could live anywhere and it wouldn't matter.
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                                TKent was an airline pilot, so employment wise, he could live anywhere and it wouldn't matter.
                                Especially if he's over 65
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X