Billy Joel fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy Joel fans?

MSG HD Zone 1 (channel 578 for me ) is showing him at MS Garden (and other sites) all day to celebrate 100 shows there. Since 2014, he has played there every month. MSG recognizes him as their house band, they call it a 'franchise.'

Billy has said he will continue this residency as long as there remains interest. Of course he lives on the 'gold coast' of Long Island (think 'Wolf of Wall St.) and his free to the public motorcycle museum is not far away.

He's not even in my top ten, but "Allentown," "Downeaster Alexa" and "Captain Jack" are about as good as it gets.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

I believe it was August 1990, Storm Front Tour, Hersheypark Stadium. Honestly one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen. 3 pianos, one center stage, one on each extended wing. He ran back and forth between the 3 for 3 solid hours. Billy Joel is an American Icon.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Way back in the mid 70's I caught a show in a relatively small auditorium at Jacksonville University that featured two artists each performing solo without their backup bands. They were Jimmy Buffet and Billy Joel. I did not at the time realize my good fortune as much as I do now.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Billy Joel is one of my favorite entertainers; we saw him at Fenway Park and Madison Square Garden NY the last few years. MSP was cheaper and closer to the stage. Both times he showcased other talent and both times they were established artists. I forget who was at MSG, but I think the Scorpions played a tune a Fenway. They were playing the next night(s). I will see him again if given the opportunity.
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Saw him during The Bridge tour. He's always in my playlist. An absolute treasure. America's Elton John.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
          X