• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cortisone

Got my first ever injection both hips
    Its almost a miracle
    I may dance again
    And mount a bike without snorting like a played out horse.
    First face to face with my MD in over Teo years.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Congrats, I've not a clue about hips, but got one in my shoulder several yrs. ago. Dr. said it may not last but still all is good...Thumbs up !!!
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I use to periodically get cortisone shots in my right knee...temporary relief. This was before I knew I had torn medial meniscus (when I was still in the service).

Long story short, I had bilateral knee replacements almost 4 years ago now. Both my knees were almost bone-on-bone. Yikes.

How are your hips as far as arthritic condition?

I was 52 when I had mine done...rather young according to my Orthopedic Doctor...but I was also bow-legged...I'm fully corrected now!

Sorry, don't mean to take over your thread...but evaluating your hip (I'm sure you have) you might consider a hip replacement. (Just a thought)

Other than that, glad the pain is gone for the time being.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-04-2022, 08:45 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Good for you! I have gotten to know a little about hip pain...and what I know, is that it's not fun.
        Cheers
        No signature

Comment

The anesthetic wore off
          Ouch not bursa sac complex aching
          Just nice stubbed toe feeling
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
          X