Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameday Sun Jan 30, 2022 - Conference Championships

Okay,

If my memory serves me well...I was initially thinking SF with their staunch Defense would be too much for Matt Stafford and the Rams Offense.

Then I reviewed SF's offense in frigid GB. Garoppolo played as best he could for never playing in anything colder than 40F. He is my determining factor. Those two rushed throws he made stick out in my mind because they could have been pick-6s. He panicked (who wouldn't with giant men trying to smash you but that's why they pay to play this game) and tried to force the ball.

Can he change his play and not do that panic throw? I think it's very difficult to change your style of play but I'm not saying it can't done...it's just very difficult when panic settles in.

Special Teams may be a deciding factor in these type of games...lemme stew some more this morning...

As for the first game, Cincinnati at Kansas City...I've had a more convincing thought that the Chiefs will be too much for the Bengals. I could be wrong but you never know. Those Bengals went to the SB twice under Forrest Gregg (1982) & Sam Wyche (1989) losing both times to Joe Montana & the Niners.

Still, I'm going with the Chiefs FTW!

Ed

EDIT: Time to watch CBS Sunday Morning at 9am EST. (I love this program)
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-30-2022, 11:35 AM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Rams and chiefs today ftw...but I'm about fifty percent in this year's playoffs

Comment

I was reading about the last time Cincy played the Chiefs in the regular 2021 season…Chiefs lost by a FG.

Great players elevate their level of play when it matters. I believe Patrick Mahomes will do that today. Not to take anything away from Cincy because they got to the Conference Finals.

I’m leaning Rams over the Niners for the time being…but I still have until the first game is over to commit to my pick.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Of course, Boomer Esiason picks the Cincinnati Bengals!

And Tom Cruise intros the game.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Romo just said, don’t count the Bengals out!

7-0 Chiefs

Their first meeting this year, KC was up early 14-0 and lost that game.

It ain’t over till the $&@ lady sings.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-30-2022, 05:03 PM.
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

OMG, Chiefs!

That’s not how you tackle!

Bengals first big drive.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Almost a TD!

DB got away with a hold.

Right at the end of the 1st Qtr.

Another DB play to knock the ball away. FG forthcoming.

7-3 Chiefs.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hellava throw and catch to end the 1st Qtr…KC!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Disco Dancing Mahomes!

14-3 Chiefs

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-30-2022, 05:01 PM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Good job by Mixon to quiet the crowd with 12 yard run…1st Down.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

So rediculous…Mahomes looked off that DB that arrived late.

21-3 Chiefs

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I think I mentioned in an earlier post somewhere, Bengals didn't look like a Super bowl contender, this is why. Hopefully they can come up with something to make it a little more interesting..Naw probably not..
                          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Higgins had 2 big catches for 1st downs on this drive. Cincy needs a TD before halftime if they don’t want this game to get away from them.

Burrows is doing very well for a 2nd year QB. He definitely has a future with the team gaining playoff experience.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

What a jolt! Just what the Bengals needed!

21- 10 Chiefs

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

What an eerie decision. Same point lead as their first meeting in week 17.

I’m not superstitious but this is leaning towards that.

KC just blew this drive.

They get the ball to start the second half. Their goal: score a TD to keep the pressure on.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X