No announcement yet.

Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mean to interrupt (), GSXR7, but I felt I must comment on 'extended warranties.'

Since I learned what a long shot they are, I have never purchased another extended warranty again. About two years ago I bought two TVs, and even though it was on the phone, I could hear the disappointment when I told the salesman I was not interested in any of his extended warranties.

I can't say I blame him, because it's pretty much 100% profit I denied him. So I would advise you to consider it deeply before you ever buy another extended warranty.

We now return you to the previously scheduled programming.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

A 65 INCH!!! I just bought a new TV last week too. I got a LG like Ed's but mine is a 55 inch. When I got it set up in my living room, I thought it was crazy big! I do like how I can view pictures and videos from my phone to the TV.

Go Cincinnati Bengals 👍 Sorry Ed, your Ram's are going to come up 10 points short. 31 Bengals 21 Rams ... 😉
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

LG Nano 65"

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Don't mean to interrupt (), GSXR7, but I felt I must comment on 'extended warranties.'

Since I learned what a long shot they are, I have never purchased another extended warranty again. About two years ago I bought two TVs, and even though it was on the phone, I could hear the disappointment when I told the salesman I was not interested in any of his extended warranties.

I can't say I blame him, because it's pretty much 100% profit I denied him. So I would advise you to consider it deeply before you ever buy another extended warranty.

We now return you to the previously scheduled programming.
        Well, golly! (As said with a long draw like Gomer Pyle)

I guess I didn't explain that correctly.

The "TotalTech Membership" includes BestBuy Protection for products purchased under membership. Instead of buying the extended warranty under LG, the TotalTech (1yr Membership) includes device protection up to 24 months as long as I maintain annual membership ($199). If I want to pay for the second year, I can do that after 12 months.

I get member benefits as well on any device/product I purchase. And like I said, the wall mount is included because I activated my membership at time of purchase. Regular price for wall mounting is about $125+ for install.

Total cost for Nano 65" TV + $199 TotalTech = $1298.00.
        Total cost includes wall mounting by Geek Squad + tech support.
        If I want the additional 12 months protection (24 month max from inception) it's $199 next Jan 16, 2023.

I felt good with it...of course, this is the first time in a while my wife said, "Get what you want".

How's that for a rebuttal, Rob?

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-12-2022, 07:30 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

$200 for 12 months 'protection'? No thank you.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

ED, ED, hey ED, wake up, it must have been a dream!! Your wife said what??? Are you sure she said that?
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
              ED, ED, hey ED, wake up, it must have been a dream!! Your wife said what??? Are you sure she said that?
              I like your reply better than Rob's! lol

Yes, can you believe it?

When talking to Eric the Electronics Manager, he and I were talking "guy stuff" while she seemed uninterested in our discussion.

Instead of explaining it to her; the comparison between LG and Samsung, she chose to let us hash it out with the best choice. The Samsung was more expensive and I asked if there was any substantial difference and if I'd be happy with the LG Nano. He told me, I wouldn't be disappointed with the Nano.

PLUS, the manager also mentioned the wall mounting would be included in the TotalTech membership...which is about $125...something we were planning on doing anyway.

So, if you subtract the $125 wall mount, the membership almost pays for itself plus the 12 month product protection. Call me crazy, I was sold!

Anyhow, I wasn't dreaming...there was woman logic in her saying that phrase, "Get what you want".

I'm sure it will come back and bite me in the A$$ but I'm cool with it.

I HAVE A 65" LG NANO FLAT SCREEN TV FOR THE BIG GAME TOMORROW!!!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-12-2022, 08:13 PM.
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I guess I better go for LA seeing how Kevin O’Connell will be headed this way after the game. Plus I think Stafford has paid his dues (Detroylet). The Vikes old coach was supposed to be a defensive guru (debatable) and now O’Connell will bring a west coast offense to a capable group of wide receivers (K.J. Osborn, Adam Thielen, JJefferson). Dont know if Capt Kirk Cousins is up to the challenge cause he has limited receiver vision....

Really dont know much about either team so Ill just throw it out there.

Rams 38 - 35
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  Plus I think Stafford has paid his dues (Detroylet).
                  This right here. If I had to choose, this would be why. If Stafford is really good, and wasted 12 seasons in Detroit, he should get his due. Joe Cool still has time.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    A 65 INCH!!! I just bought a new TV last week too. I got a LG like Ed's but mine is a 55 inch. When I got it set up in my living room, I thought it was crazy big! I do like how I can view pictures and videos from my phone to the TV.

Go Cincinnati Bengals  Sorry Ed, your Ram's are going to come up 10 points short. 31 Bengals 21 Rams ... 
                    DUDE!

I was thinking 75" but MAN! That is too boocoo!!!

The wife was gonna let me buy it but I said, that is too much TV.

Good luck to the Bengals. I won't be mad if they win.

I just want a great game to be played.

GO RAMS!!!!

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      This right here. If I had to choose, this would be why. If Stafford is really good, and wasted 12 seasons in Detroit, he should get his due. Joe Cool still has time.
                      Yeah, Joe cool has time...but he would do something Tom Brady or Joe Montana or any player has never done...Won a National Championship, Heisman & Super Bowl...in 3 years!

That's a cool trifecta...but I'm still rooting for the Rams.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-12-2022, 08:27 PM.
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I had time to install OEM LED Headlights to my Tacoma...in like, 2hrs on Thursday (Feb 10, 2022)

Yeah I took my front end apart...

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

image by Bob Wayne, on Flickr

My warranty reads: "If tv ever breaks, just focus your eyes 2" to the right to see something much better than anything you'll ever see on that idiot box."

Comment

I love watching TV with my "T". (circa 2013)

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-12-2022, 09:12 PM.
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

OK, glad to see you're protected.

Comment

Rob,

you're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X